• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our D - Knock on Wood

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been anybody on D that looks out of place, or like they don't belong. Everyone has played solid so far this year.

I was worried about Bryce coming into the season but he looks like he did 2 years ago, my boy Mark Fayne appears to be getting smarter, Larsson will be our best defenseman by the end of the year, A Train has been blocking shots and putting people through the boards, Tallinder is simply a stud, and Greene finally seems confident out there after years of shakiness.

My one complaint, and this is on the forwards as much as the D, is breaking out of our zone has been a catastrophe. Hopefully this improves, but otherwise I'm liking this defensive corps a lot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has been suspect IMO... while most of the time, yes i feel they are in position especially on breaks.... but when they're playing half court, communication or something doesn't go right but that's on both Defense and Forwards as units.

Individually nothing to complain which is wierd, blocking shots, keeping pucks in the zone, clearing and puck handling has been very good to start the year.

Larsson will be our best Dman(offensively) but he needs to limit his TOs, he throws the puck away without looking a little too much but being a youngster that comes with it and will be corrected over time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the turnovers from Larsson has been my biggest problem with him. If he continues to do that second half of the season I will get on him. I actually find a lot of the turnovers in our own end come from wingers, and a lot of the goals scored are a result are from missed assignments by the forwards.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the turnovers from Larsson has been my biggest problem with him. If he continues to do that second half of the season I will get on him. I actually find a lot of the turnovers in our own end come from wingers, and a lot of the goals scored are a result are from missed assignments by the forwards.

OH YES.... i can recall too many times where that backdoor is open wider than Sienna West's legs.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention but, don't tell the opposing teams this, our team speed from our defenders(not wingers/forwards) isn't that good looking IMO...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention but, don't tell the opposing teams this, our team speed from our defenders(not wingers/forwards) isn't that good looking IMO...

That's not a problem as long as they play smart and cut off the angles. All about positioning on D.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has been solid all year so far this season, ya Larsson is making some mistakes but the kid is 18 and he is gonna do that, oh and as for Fayne... I take back most of the bad things I've said about him as he has looked great in almost every game.... he pinches in and isn't getting caught out of position often