• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU trying a loophole to get DGB in 2014

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised I've the first to post this.
Green-Beckham helped with misapplication of rule by Oklahoma - CBSSports.com
In applying for the waiver, Oklahoma apparently is invoking a little-known clause that allows players to transfer immediately “for reasons outside [their] control …”
Even the NCAA calls it the “run off” rule, meant to be applied if a team oversigns in recruiting. The interpretation protects a kid from being pressured out of a program or being “cut” for performance. Nowhere in the guidelines does it say anything about a stud receiver -- after three legal run-ins -- being eligible right away.
Oklahoma football: Officials feel confident about Dorial Green-Beckham's chances for immediate eligibility | News OK
I would be very surprised if the NCAA rules DGB eligible, but strange things happen.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised I've the first to post this.
Green-Beckham helped with misapplication of rule by Oklahoma - CBSSports.com

Oklahoma football: Officials feel confident about Dorial Green-Beckham's chances for immediate eligibility | News OK
I would be very surprised if the NCAA rules DGB eligible, but strange things happen.

Charlie, this has been all over the press. OU has felt confident all along he will get to play this year because of that rule. Missouri obviously isn't trying to screw things up for the kid either. If he does play it will be for just 1 season because he will go pro.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently controlling ones own actions are beyond their control. It is just mind blowing. I think Stoops sees the window open this year to do big things and he is pushing it. So be it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently controlling ones own actions are beyond their control. It is just mind blowing. I think Stoops sees the window open this year to do big things and he is pushing it. So be it.

Yup, he's a big time player so Stoops couldn't care less what he did, he just wants him on the field.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're absolutely right. OU should have a clear shot at a NC run this year with its modest schedule and a bunch of talent coming back. Getting this guy eligible would be more important than getting back a stud linebacker (who can be replaced) who is lost because of a sexual assault charge. What OU really needs is a backup QB which makes the Baker Mayfield appeal just about as important as getting DGB eligible for this season. It is getting late in Stoops' career and he needs to kick it in gear if he has any hopes of joining the Pantheon with Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer. It's been 14 looooong years since he's won a NC.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NCAA allows him to play this year......they have virtually no grounds to suspend any other player, EVER.

One of the biggest problems with the NCAA is the uneven application of the rules and the prejudicial attacks on whoever they choose. DGB should not be allowed to play this year, period. Any other kid transferring on GOOD terms has to sit out, and so should he.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know the NCAA suspended players...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely right. OU should have a clear shot at a NC run this year with its modest schedule and a bunch of talent coming back. Getting this guy eligible would be more important than getting back a stud linebacker (who can be replaced) who is lost because of a sexual assault charge. What OU really needs is a backup QB which makes the Baker Mayfield appeal just about as important as getting DGB eligible for this season. It is getting late in Stoops' career and he needs to kick it in gear if he has any hopes of joining the Pantheon with Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer. It's been 14 looooong years since he's won a NC.

Last I heard, Shannon was still practicing with the team. Kid was suspended 1 yr by the University and is appealing that decision in court, as I understand it. That is a pretty bold move by Stoops. University officials made a decision that he was guilty, whether you agree or not is irrelevant, and Stoops is ignore that.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard, Shannon was still practicing with the team. Kid was suspended 1 yr by the University and is appealing that decision in court, as I understand it. That is a pretty bold move by Stoops. University officials made a decision that he was guilty, whether you agree or not is irrelevant, and Stoops is ignore that.

I've asked around and the people inside the program don't know what is going on. It's definitely the women's rights people and Boren who are pushing for the kid to be suspended. The coaching staff doesn't want it. I can't get a straight answer WHY he is or isn't innocent or guilty as hell. I have a hunch Stoops isn't buying the totally guilty argument because otherwise Shannon wouldn't be practicing. There is a lot of drama in this situation especially since Stoops is willing to suspend people if they really did screw up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked around and the people inside the program don't know what is going on. It's definitely the women's rights people and Boren who are pushing for the kid to be suspended. The coaching staff doesn't want it. I can't get a straight answer WHY he is or isn't innocent or guilty as hell. I have a hunch Stoops isn't buying the totally guilty argument because otherwise Shannon wouldn't be practicing. There is a lot of drama in this situation especially since Stoops is willing to suspend people if they really did screw up.

I am not trying to get into his guilty or innocence. I am just saying Stoops is exposing himself to a lot of risk by ignoring the judgement that came down from the University. You would have thought he would suspend him and at least wait for the results of the appeal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to get into his guilty or innocence. I am just saying Stoops is exposing himself to a lot of risk by ignoring the judgement that came down from the University. You would have thought he would suspend him and at least wait for the results of the appeal.

Boren is a liberal douche. He wasn't charged, wasn't arrested, and the girl changed her story. Boren an the university are out of line.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DGB, Shannon, and Mixon should all be dorm-mates, and co-captains of the team.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DGB, Shannon, and Mixon should all be dorm-mates, and co-captains of the team.

Antoine_Dodson1.jpg

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boren is a liberal douche. He wasn't charged, wasn't arrested, and the girl changed her story. Boren an the university are out of line.

dunno, but from what I understand, they are doing what they have to do so it doesn't turn into the fiasco that is at FSU with Jamis Winston.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero tolerance. :thumb:

This punishment just means that they have to go to Men's Wearhouse instead of getting tailored suits. They also have to drive USED cars instead of new Escalades with knockoff rims instead of Daytons.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's commitment to winning at all costs is amazing, the sooner tradition is alive and well in norman.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This punishment just means that they have to go to Men's Wearhouse instead of getting tailored suits. They also have to drive USED cars instead of new Escalades with knockoff rims instead of Daytons.

Meh, the way it's going, DGB won't be punished at all. You can sell drugs and push chicks down stairs as long as you're talented enough. I gotta find something besides t-baggin that I'm really good at. :think: