• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfers eligible to play in bowl games

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse football transfers Abdul Adams, Trishton Jackson eligible to play in bowl

I did not know it was possible for a transfer to play their first game in a bowl game. And still retain their two remaining seasons of eligibility due to the NCAA’s four-game redshirt rule.

Syracuse, N.Y. — Two of Syracuse football’s most highly touted players are eligible to make their respective debuts in the Camping World Bowl.

Junior running back Abdul Adams and junior wide receiver Trishton Jackson, both offseason transfer additions and former four-star recruits, can suit up against West Virginia on Dec. 28 in Orlando, according to SU Athletics. Linebacker Zack Lesko, a redshirt sophomore walk-on who transferred back to the program, is also cleared.

The trio have fulfilled their year in residence as mandated by the NCAA for Division I transfers. SU’s fall 2018 semester ended on Friday.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to learn how to read. I thought the first word of you thread title was “Transgenders”. So I jumped right in hoping for pics. I am disappoint.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse football transfers Abdul Adams, Trishton Jackson eligible to play in bowl

I did not know it was possible for a transfer to play their first game in a bowl game. And still retain their two remaining seasons of eligibility due to the NCAA’s four-game redshirt rule.

Syracuse, N.Y. — Two of Syracuse football’s most highly touted players are eligible to make their respective debuts in the Camping World Bowl.

Junior running back Abdul Adams and junior wide receiver Trishton Jackson, both offseason transfer additions and former four-star recruits, can suit up against West Virginia on Dec. 28 in Orlando, according to SU Athletics. Linebacker Zack Lesko, a redshirt sophomore walk-on who transferred back to the program, is also cleared.

The trio have fulfilled their year in residence as mandated by the NCAA for Division I transfers. SU’s fall 2018 semester ended on Friday.
College football is going to ask SMU for the business model they used in the 80’s. It’s about to become the Wild West. Scholarships are about to be capless, let the bidding begin.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I like it either.

It seems to me like it contradicts another rule. "Continuing
Season."

That is a rule that could affect gray shirts or mid-semester
transfers playing in a NC game, if they were 5th year seniors.

Those guys don't begin in September they begin in January. Their
school year runs Jan-Dec. Thus if the NC game fell after the
Jan semester had begun, they would be ineligible to participate
because that would be their 6th year. There is a rule that protects
them based on a continuing season.

This kinda contradicts that continuing season stuff.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda contradicts that continuing season stuff.

That is the way I thought it was. But according to the article, the cut off is the end of the fall semester.

There's no indication the coach is playing them though. I doubt they are up to game speed.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see Abdul play. Kid would have got a lot of touches given the decimation at the running back spot this year. Good receiver out of the backfield as well.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see Abdul play. Kid would have got a lot of touches given the decimation at the running back spot this year. Good receiver out of the backfield as well.

Interesting. What's his story? Why did he leave?

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got buried behind Rodney Anderson and Trey Sermon. I think he was 3rd or 4th string when he decided to transfer. He is a good solid back and could've gone for a 1000 yards this year, due to player injuries. Has great hands out of the backfield and solid speed and strength

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically Anderson and Sermon were going to be the 1-2 punch. And when he did play, he’d have spurts of good play, then fumbling issues, and never see the field again after it.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, we should be playing Van Darius Cowan, the LB transfer from Bama. Dude is a beast!

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, we should be playing Van Darius Cowan, the LB transfer from Bama. Dude is a beast!

When did he come in. Adams transferred this time last year

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did he come in. Adams transferred this time last year
He was on campus and practicing in spring ball. I think he's being counted as a signee for this class though. I have no idea how that works.
Ah, he was redshirted from the start, maybe?