• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OU @ Notre Dame

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoosier, my only regret is that I wasn't able to return the avy favor to you this year.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoosier, my only regret is that I wasn't able to return the avy favor to you this year.

It's gonna be a long time til you get another shot. Hopefully we set up another home and home in the foreseeable future.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does the leprechaun in that avi have tits?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his command is heads over LJ and I'm not trying to demean LJ, but Bell does have an intensity and really seems to command the respect of his team mates in a different way than did LJ.

Just my opinion...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his command is heads over LJ and I'm not trying to demean LJ, but Bell does have an intensity and really seems to command the respect of his team mates in a different way than did LJ.

Just my opinion...

I have a theory on that and it might be wrong but I think Landry was all about his stats where Bell is all about the team winning.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVSuObzCUAEpqcm.jpg

lmao wtf

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, all I could do was hang my head and shake it in disbelief after some/many of the calls he made today.....

Must be nice to come out with wins regardless of bad play calling.

Brian Kelly is becoming to joke to me. I'm sick of seeing him on our sidelines.

By the way, Nice win Oklahoma, you deserved it.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be nice to come out with wins regardless of bad play calling.

Brian Kelly is becoming to joke to me. I'm sick of seeing him on our sidelines.

By the way, Nice win Oklahoma, you deserved it.

OU has 3 big backs and it's like Heupel is afraid to use them on third and short except for trying to get around the ends. As big as they are they should be able to punch it through the middle of the line.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion...

:agree:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's okay I guess.

Most Oklahoma fans expect more offensively, especially when compared with our recent offensive successes.

I correctly called about 40% of the plays he ran today. If I can do it, I'm sure any DC worth his salt could do as well if not better.

Most feel that if you're going to go for short yardage, you need a POWER formation with the QB under center. That alone would bring in the perimeter a bit allowing for some runs off of the edge, if need be.

Our offensive scheme hasn't changed a whole lot since he was our QB. We're just REALLY good at what we do most. We may be one of the best SCREEN utilizing teams on turf.

I myself would love to see more play-action, misdirection and counters/delays if we're going to run shotgun/wildcat so much. I would love to see us run more actual option plays with Bell's size/speed and the stable of backs that we have.

But at the end of the day, you hope that your OC is doing what he thinks is best with the talent he thinks he has.

Just remember that on gameday in Norman, there are at least 30,000 OC's in the stands.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has 3 big backs and it's like Heupel is afraid to use them on third and short except for trying to get around the ends. As big as they are they should be able to punch it through the middle of the line.

yep.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us run more actual option plays with Bell's size/speed and the stable of backs that we have.

as much as I like Bell, he really doesn't have what I'd call speed, even for his size...it was real frustrating to see him try and move down the line, ala the Belldozer, to find a hole cuz it seem like he was running in molasses the whole time...:noidea:, but with that said, the one time he ran the option, if he'd a pitched the ball, Millard would probably have walked in for a TD....

Last edited by a moderator:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is at his best extending plays with his feet or just scrambling for the occasional first down. He is a load to bring down and should be able to endure some hits with that size. Before Bell is done most Sooner fans will forget that LJ even played QB for OU. The kid is a winner and has heart something LJ lacked. With Bell at QB the Sooners have a very good chance to win every game they play. That is not something I could say with LJ at the helm. Did he have some over throws yesterday? Yep but what QB with the excitement of a big game doesn't? Overall pleased with how Bell performed in yesterdays game. Of course he has room to improve and that is a good thing. Maybe if the coaches would have given him the first two starts he would have been sharper??????

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell will never be an option QB, but under center with two backs in the back field he could be dangerous.

I agree, but sometimes he just needs to hit the hole instead of running laterally looking for another hole...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us run more actual option plays with Bell's size/speed and the stable of backs that we have.

but with that said, the one time he ran the option, if he'd a pitched the ball, Millard would probably have walked in for a TD....

:nod:

That one time.