• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT'ish: Montreal And Toronto Are Encouraging Their People To Cheat

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quickie_1005.jpg

Right now, heart-stopping playoff hockey is one glaring reason residents of Toronto may be tempted to visit Montreal, but a new tourism campaign for both cities hopes to add to the list.

Today, Tourisme Montreal and Tourism Toronto launched a collaborative marketing effort designed to encourage people from both cities to see what the other has to offer. The campaign plays with the ongoing rivalry between Canada's biggest cities, taking the Ashley Madison approach to travel and cheekily suggesting it's OK to "cheat" on your city. A new Ipsos Reid survey commissioned by Edelman, running PR for the campaign, found 85% of Torontonians have had an affair with La Métropole at least once before, and half of those don't always admit their indiscretions to friends.

"We want our residents to know that it's OK to enjoy what each city has to offer," said Andrew Weir, Tourism Toronto, in a statement. "Torontonians in particular often feel guilty that they like Montreal, so we're officially giving them permission to confess their love–and of course, we're encouraging Montrealers to do the same."

The creative by Sid Lee includes mobile confession booths in each city until June 7, featuring a hotel-like room with an inviting bed where residents can put on a bathrobe and confess their affairs with Montreal or Toronto on camera. The videos will be uploaded to QuickieWithMontréal.com/PtiteViteavecToronto.com, where users can learn more about each city, see what others said about the cities and vote on their favourite confessions. One winning confessor from each city will win a trip to Toronto or Montreal.

But while many Torontonians have visited Montreal, Sid Lee co-creative director Jo-Ann Munro said the biggest challenge is to convince Montrealers to head West on the 401 for the weekend.

"Apart from the Anglos, no one in Montreal is that interested in Toronto," she said. "For Torontonians, it's more about convincing them they haven't seen everything in Montreal on previous visits. But your average 35-year-old francophone Montrealer still has the old impression of Toronto that the sidewalks roll up at midnight and it's still the pinstriped, blue suit of cities. So this campaign, using this sexy language to talk to Montrealers, is a good tone for Toronto to take."

Montreal and Toronto want to cheat with tourists | Marketer News

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, message fucking received guys.

I will stop creating threads, and just stick with odd pics, and retarded comments.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I already forgot how to directly insert the video, or what thread my instructions from dash were in.