• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other than Wisconsin is there ANY team in the B10

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you think can even make an Elite 8?? Obviously matchups are critical but I am not sure there is a team in the league that can make a decent run in the tourney ( Elite 8 or deeper ). Maryland seems the next best choice but Im still not sold on the Terps. After that you have a mishmash of MSU, OSU, Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois etc etc. Do ANY of those teams seem capable of making a run at this point?? I cant see it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you think can even make an Elite 8?? Obviously matchups are critical but I am not sure there is a team in the league that can make a decent run in the tourney ( Elite 8 or deeper ). Maryland seems the next best choice but Im still not sold on the Terps. After that you have a mishmash of MSU, OSU, Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois etc etc. Do ANY of those teams seem capable of making a run at this point?? I cant see it.

I don't know the other B1G teams like I will come to know them the next few years, so I can only talk about Maryland.

I completely understand why you aren't sold on them. This team has come out of nowhere. There is a lot to be optimistic about (regarding to run in the NCAA tourney):

1. They are extremely young and figure to only improve as the season progresses.
2. They play very good defense and rebound.
3. They are a good shooting team (MSU game notwithstanding).
4. They have nice depth with Wells and Smotrycz back.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I think Wisconsin is by far the best team in that conference.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland has been impressive thus far. Let's see how they handle a full conference schedule.
Also I never sleep on Tom Izzo and his squads. They seem to find a way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland if they stop turning the damn ball over is a very nice squad.

But yeah other than them I can't place even remote odds on any of the other teams. We have to see who the hell even makes the tourney out of the rest lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't bet on it. With that said, if teams like 2014 Dayton, 2014 Uconn, 2013 Wichita State, 2012 Florida, 2011 VCU, 2011 Butler etc. can make the E8, I would say any top 40 team has a chance if they get hot. After Wisconsin and Maryland, I don't think there is another top 25 team in the B1G, but the B1G will certainly get 5-6 teams in the tournament and it wouldn't shock me if one of those teams made the E8. Could Iowa, MSU, Ohio State get hot and win 3 games, I think they COULD, I just don't think it will happen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expand on my thought. The conference just has so much work to do as a whole to dig themselves out of a bunch of holes and by default some teams are going to keep losing.

Could Iowa meltdown like last year?

Michigan and Nebraska are both already virtually dead

Illinois is on extreme life support with Rice out along with 0-2 start

Minny faces a pretty much mus win tonight

If Minny happens to win, it pushes OSU further into mediocrity

MSU is MSU but have nothing note worthy

Indiana is kinda the jekyl and hyde team

Everyone of these teams were viewed as tourney teams coming into the year and only Iowa right now is trending remotely in a optimistic direction.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That can even make an Elite 8?" You say that as if it's an easy thing to do, lol.

Not too many conferences will send multiple teams to the Elite 8.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To expand on my thought. The conference just has so much work to do as a whole to dig themselves out of a bunch of holes and by default some teams are going to keep losing.

Could Iowa meltdown like last year?

Michigan and Nebraska are both already virtually dead

Illinois is on extreme life support with Rice out along with 0-2 start

Minny faces a pretty much mus win tonight

If Minny happens to win, it pushes OSU further into mediocrity

MSU is MSU but have nothing note worthy

Indiana is kinda the jekyl and hyde team

Everyone of these teams were viewed as tourney teams coming into the year and only Iowa right now is trending remotely in a optimistic direction.

It will take a miracle run like last year to get Nebraska in the tournament, and it's certainly doesn't appear to be trending in the right direction. That said, we have the same record right now as we did last year, and last year we started out 0-4 in B1G play. With Rutgers and Illinois coming up, that doesn't seem likely. Hopefully that gives us a chance to get our two big guys back from injury, as well as possibly finding some scoring from the bench. I'm not expecting it to turn around, but I'm also not counting us out just yet. Not a chance on Elite Eight though.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan st. they are off to a slow start but never doubt an izzo team come march, especially with 3 experienced starters. I love Maryland's squad. I don't know if they are at that level yet though

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota will only go as far as Hollins can take them, and right now he's battling turf toe which usually takes about a month of limited activity to heal. That, in and of itself, should tell you where this team is at right now. I can't see them even making the tourney yet.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota will only go as far as Hollins can take them, and right now he's battling turf toe which usually takes about a month of limited activity to heal. That, in and of itself, should tell you where this team is at right now. I can't see them even making the tourney yet.

Hollins is playing embarrassing basketball right now. I know the toe probably doesn't feel right but he doesn't attack at all. He's gotta get the Morris and Mason mindset.

I heard a rumor that the NBA is messing with his head. I sure hope to lord that 1. He doesn't think he is going to the NBA and 2. that he allows something like that to break him.

Him and Mathieu need to get it together, tonight.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan st. they are off to a slow start but never doubt an izzo team come march, especially with 3 experienced starters. I love Maryland's squad. I don't know if they are at that level yet though

nice of you and AZdbAZ to mention Sparty. Izzo says he loves this team...I think that's his way of saying that it'd be swell to make the Tourney at all...that he can't wait for next year.

I also think the OP's point is well taken, re: doubting that any B1G teams not named Wisconsin make the E8...and would put money on it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois has some nice young talent. Hill and Nunn are great athletes and both can shoot it. They need to grow up quick and be more consistent though if they want to get to the show. And they need to get better on D and get more rebounds too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And never count out Izzo. If they get hot in feb/march look out. Defense wins championships.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin seems to be the best team in that conference; however I not so sure they are top 8 material. IMO, they are going to have to be a little quicker and stronger inside to deal with the other top teams. The ACC is loaded with talented big men and it's going to be a battle in that conference to determine who has the best team....and of course there is Kentucky, a team with a huge front line.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa fans bitch more than any fans I have seen and they were winning.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG for Iowa today sweeping osu for the year.

Hey Aaron White: "OSU, didn't want you, OSU, didn't want you"

Fuck'em and don't take it personally. Matta doesn't recruit white guys.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin seems to be the best team in that conference; however I not so sure they are top 8 material. IMO, they are going to have to be a little quicker and stronger inside to deal with the other top teams. The ACC is loaded with talented big men and it's going to be a battle in that conference to determine who has the best team....and of course there is Kentucky, a team with a huge front line.

You do realize this is the exact same team that made the Final Four last year, right? Outside of a horrid second half against Rutgers (where we were missing three starters, including the best player in the country), we have played like a top three team.

Our starting lineup has guys that are 7'0, 6'9, and 6'8 and our first guy off the bench is 6'10. I'm a lot more worried about our ability to guard the backcourt than the frontcourt. Traevon is a weak defender, and his replacement (Koenig) is even worse. Add that to the fact that Hayes or Dekker often draw guards that are sneakier than them and faster and that is where the defensive concerns are.

Remember the Duke game? It wasn't Okafor who beat us. Frank outplayed him. The difference was our inability to match up with Tyus Jones.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, anyone who thinks Wisconsin's potential down fall lies in their front court doesn't watch them play

For the last two years their weakness has been stopping good guards who can drive the ball.

That's basically it.