• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on the other hand does not seem legit and does seem drug induced

55 million ! You can see this if you ever go boating on the eastern shore of lake okanagan heading north … yes its sprawling but gawddamn!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably time to start shooting some yotes, no? Some kid's gonna get mauled to death and then they're gonna do it and why not just do it now?

Either that or introduce some roadrunners into Stanley Park. That should do a couple of things:

1. Acme should get an influx of orders from catapults to giant rubber bands.
2. Coyotes will perish

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or introduce some roadrunners into Stanley Park. That should do a couple of things:

1. Acme should get an influx of orders from catapults to giant rubber bands.
2. Coyotes will self-perish

FIFY

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two of the eight lanes will be dedicated to bus rapid transit, and there will be separated pathways for cyclists and pedestrians. This means during peak rush hour, there will continue to be three lanes of vehicle traffic.

I guess it gets rid of the counterflow thing but I feel like this still isn't great lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two of the eight lanes will be dedicated to bus rapid transit, and there will be separated pathways for cyclists and pedestrians. This means during peak rush hour, there will continue to be three lanes of vehicle traffic.

I guess it gets rid of the counterflow thing but I feel like this still isn't great lol

I heard that they're predicting a million more people to be living in Surrey by the year 2040. I don't know if this expansion will be enough to handle the increased traffic.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unless they are going to make the highway on both sides 8 lanes it will bottle neck if they do more than those 3 dedicated lanes. I Was hoping for a bridge of 8 lanes and keep the tunnel for those coming in and out of richmond only.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that they're predicting a million more people to be living in Surrey by the year 2040. I don't know if this expansion will be enough to handle the increased traffic.
Governments, especially left-of-centre ones, have basically admitted at this point they're done building roads unless it's absolutely necessary. The response is "take transit".

The problem is with all the construction happening to build these new condos for the growing population to live in you kinda need roads. Longer travel times is going to result in higher delivery costs is going to result in higher construction costs is going to result in higher real estate values.

unless they are going to make the highway on both sides 8 lanes it will bottle neck if they do more than those 3 dedicated lanes. I Was hoping for a bridge of 8 lanes and keep the tunnel for those coming in and out of richmond only.
They could widen 99 the entire way through Richmond from the 91 southward and make it the same config as Hwy 1 (3 lanes + HOV/Transit).

Then I guess it bottles above that though and it's kinda in tight as it is there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Governments, especially left-of-centre ones, have basically admitted at this point they're done building roads unless it's absolutely necessary. The response is "take transit".

The problem is with all the construction happening to build these new condos for the growing population to live in you kinda need roads. Longer travel times is going to result in higher delivery costs is going to result in higher construction costs is going to result in higher real estate values.

They could widen 99 the entire way through Richmond from the 91 southward and make it the same config as Hwy 1 (3 lanes + HOV/Transit).

Then I guess it bottles above that though and it's kinda in tight as it is there.
I'm 72 and 112 area

They have added 4 townhouse complexes and haven't done anything to the road ... They also have plans for several more.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 72 and 112 area

They have added 4 townhouse complexes and haven't done anything to the road ... They also have plans for several more.
If I had to guess Scott Road through that area seems primed for some mid & high rises.

/Nice area, I walked through the Watershed last fall it's really nice in there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess Scott Road through that area seems primed for some mid & high rises.

/Nice area, I walked through the Watershed last fall it's really nice in there.
our value has gone up every year but one since we moved in 12 years ago. I am on the other side by Sungod Arena.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Parksville up until Tuesday and looked like pretty much everyone went there with the okanagan on fire