• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Vancouver this past weekend and decided to try out the new Hullo ferry from Nanaimo to downtown Vancouver - I have to say it is pretty nice, about an hour and 15 minute ride from departure to arrival, fast, quiet and smooth ride. If you have mobility issues, the hike from the parking lot to the boat launch in Nanaimo is not exactly a short one, but that's about the only quibble I could find that a person might have.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Vancouver this past weekend and decided to try out the new Hullo ferry from Nanaimo to downtown Vancouver - I have to say it is pretty nice, about an hour and 15 minute ride from departure to arrival, fast, quiet and smooth ride. If you have mobility issues, the hike from the parking lot to the boat launch in Nanaimo is not exactly a short one, but that's about the only quibble I could find that a person might have.
are they the old fast ferries or is it a new ferry?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are they the old fast ferries or is it a new ferry?

They are new ferries and are quite similar to the Victoria Clipper which I have taken from Victoria to Seattle. The other neat thing is that they offer late night ferry service for island folks to attend Canucks games or concerts and you don't need to book a hotel stay (and if you have seen how pricey hotels in downtown Vancouver are these days, that's a big plus).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen @jstewismybastardson for it seems like a couple of weeks - Hoping he's just on a vacation with the family and it's nothing serious.
deleted the sportshoopla as a favorite on my cell and forgot about it :thumb:

all is well ... went on spring break vacay witht he family and came back to crunch time on our home reno/addition. Sweat equity time to save some costs and I cant do that and be a lazy sportshoopla sloth at the same time :thumb:

go canucks!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all is well ... went on spring break vacay witht he family and came back to crunch time on our home reno/addition. Sweat equity time to save some costs and I cant do that and be a lazy sportshoopla sloth at the same time :thumb:

go canucks!
good to hear bud!!!!!!!!!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

go canucks!
weclome back

what was the main reno?

I have a shower I need to tear apart to replace the pan/liner. To do so it will destroy the glass and tile and detach the jettub next to it. I have had quote of $12K to $15K just for the fucking shower. and wondering if I should just gut it myself and then have a homedepot or something come in to put the shower tub in.

add to that getting an actual contractor out to even look at it is difficult

holy fuck my garmin watch just said Im stressed lol.....

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weclome back

what was the main reno?

I have a shower I need to tear apart to replace the pan/liner. To do so it will destroy the glass and tile and detach the jettub next to it. I have had quote of $12K to $15K just for the fucking shower. and wondering if I should just gut it myself and then have a homedepot or something come in to put the shower tub in.

we had a single car garage (I closed a carport when we first moved in in 2003) which had a breezeway between it and the house and above that was a massive southern exposure deck.

Single car garage is now a double car attached garage and above that is 600 sqft of new living space ... new master bedroom, new master bath, extension of our dining room and new covered deck quarter of the size of our old one. Last weekend I removed all the wood flooring and subfloor in our kitchen, dining room and living room. Had so many stab marks, splinters and cuts from nails on my hands that I thought maybe I should go for a tetanus shot lol ... I then stepped on a nail and made the trip to shoppers drug mart for the shot 100% worthwhile

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weclome back

what was the main reno?

Does that include re-tiling and new glass? If so that’s pretty good to be honest. If the guy who quoted you has done work for someone you know and they had no issues, even better.

If you can don’t use the plastic crap on the base, go with tile. Bit more money but it looks better longer and less chance of issues down the road.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include re-tiling and new glass? If so that’s pretty good to be honest. If the guy who quoted you has done work for someone you know and they had no issues, even better.

If you can don’t use the plastic crap on the base, go with tile. Bit more money but it looks better longer and less chance of issues down the road.
yes it does. Thanks for that info. I am hedging on also replacing the jet tub as its too small for me and my wife doesnt like it. so its weighing the cost of an almost full reno for the bathroom