• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 165

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable fight. I thought for sure Jon Jones lost it. I had Gustafsson winning round 1 thru 3. He was winning round 4 as well until Jones rocked him with an elbow with a minute to go. It's weird when the guy that looks beat to all hell and leaves the arena in a ambulance is some how the winner.

That was fight of the year though. The UFC should be looking to immediately set up the rematch for early next year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like Gus won, but whoever the judge was that scored it 49-46 for Jones should lose their job.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like Gus won, but whoever the judge was that scored it 49-46 for Jones should lose their job.

Agreed. When I heard 49-46 I thought for sure we had a new champion. I can see 3 rounds for Jones, but no way he took 4 of them.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the fight but analysts said that Jones landed more significant strikes in every round.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FightMetric: Jones vs. Gustafsson Official UFC Statistics

If you look under Decision/TPR and then at each round individually Fight Metric gave Gustaffson round 1 and 2. They had it 60 to 59 in favor of Jones though for round 3 and then had Jones winning big in round 4 and 5. That just goes to show how incredibly close that 3rd and deciding round was to this fight.

Jones may have landed more significant strikes in the opening rounds but it did not look like it. Gustaffson busted Jones up and opened a cut on him in round 1 and was landing better combinations. He also became the first guy to ever take down Jones.

The strikes look closer in round 4 and 5 and yet those rounds were clearly Jones rounds. Jones rocked him with an elbow late in round 4 that stole it for him, and he looked to hurt him again in briefly in round 5. Jones however after the fight had to be carried to the back and taking out on a stretcher. Gustfasson hung around, but was eventually taking to the hospital as well.

Both fighters were released today and neither seem to have any major injuries. Jones face is probably swelled up pretty good right now though.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely the fight of the year thus far. I thought Gus had the first 2 rounds and Jones had the lat two...that 3rd was close as hell. That was the biggest test Jones has had in his career, and he squeeked it out.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus won the first 4 and a half minutes of every round, and then lost the last 30 seconds. That leaves a hell of an impression on the judges when it is the last thing they see. I think he was trying to move too much in the beginning instead of attacking and it tired him out. he was the first guy to ever make Jones back up and he looked really uncomfortable when he was going back. Gus might have a great chin, but it also shows how much Jones does not have KO power. To land maybe 7 head kicks and a couple perfect elbows and the guy just shook them off is the reason he will get beat when he goes to heavyweight.