• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 144

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields did not win that fight 30-27. MMA is getting to the point were you just need to attempt takedowns to win. Shields got stuffed over and over while Akiyama threw him through the mat twice, but attempts and pressure score so highly right now in the sport.

Yep. I missed part of the fight so I wasn't sure.

They do give way too much credit for takedown attempts and not enough for stuffing TD attempts. I think not getting taken down is effective grappling.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks dude. I jumped in on the 3rd round. WTF happened to Edgar's face? lol

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson impressed me with what i saw. Frankie really belongs at 145. Edgar vs Aldo would be a great title fight.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people just like controversy. A lot are on the ESPN Chat saying Edgar got robbed and wanting a rematch.

1.) Edgar may have landed more strikes, but Henderson was landing them harder and controlling the fight.

2.) Better for the UFC to move on and stop doing rematches in this divisioin

3.) Edgar vs Aldo at Featherweight is a much better fight.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people just like controversy. A lot are on the ESPN Chat saying Edgar got robbed and wanting a rematch.

1.) Edgar may have landed more strikes, but Henderson was landing them harder and controlling the fight.

2.) Better for the UFC to move on and stop doing rematches in this divisioin

3.) Edgar vs Aldo at Featherweight is a much better fight.

Well, i missed the first 2 in a half rounds, but Henderson definitely looked like the better fighter tonight. On one hand, it's not really fair to Edgar who gave both Penn and Maynard a rematch, but on the other hand he doesn't really deserve a rematch after that fight.

I agree, Edgar vs Aldo is a much better fight. Pettis will probably get the next shot at 155, but i think i would rather see him fight Nate Diaz first (Even though i can't stand the guy).