• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 135

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright i know a lot of you are UFC fans. Who are you taking tonight?

I've got Jones winning by KO in the early rounds.

Hughes beating Koscheck by decision.

Also looking forward to seeing Ferguson even though i don't really care for the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got Gomi beating Diaz huh? I hope so, but i don't see it.

btw if anyone finds a working link could they pm it to me please?

serpenttile

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomi looked terrible in the UFC. I was hoping maybe he had one more fight left in him.

Kos has heavy hands and Jones was too big and young for Page.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was exciting to watch...seems like a nice kid, too...Rampage tries too hard with the cheesy badass persona...

I was rooting for Diaz, as he's a local talent from the 209. Nice to see him get a win...although he talks like a drunk Mike Tyson....

Hughes looked good early on, but Kos is just too quick and electric.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hughes looked really good for a couple minutes. His chin is failing him however. My thoughts on Jones vs Rampage.

Something I don't like about Jones. He seems too fake. If you are gonna be cocky... just go for it and be cocky. Don't hide behind the nice guy image. He's a great talent, but he needs work on his boxing. Yeah, he is creative in his striking and has great elbows, but his hands are flawed and you could see it in this fight. Rampage style wise inst a good match up for Jones. Rampage needs to fight guys that will just stand and throw with him. He isn't creative enough with his striking to fare well against a guy like Jones, and that's what we saw. Same thing when he fought Rashad Evens. The guys that run when you throw. I'm surprised he did so well vs Machida. I think Jones is too good overall for anyone in that division. Shogun is the only guy who can beat him. He looked like shit last time they fought, but if he would have kicked Jones chicken legs it could have been different. The best fight at this point the UFC could make is Jones vs Silva. Forget GSP vs Silva. Silva is a much more precise striker and has one punch KO power. Jones does not. But Jones is good enough to get Silva on his back and that is the best way to beat him.

Jones isn't even in his prime and that's a scary thought. He could be the best ever. Eventually he is gonna have to move up to heavyweight though. He is already giant for 205 and he is still growing. Hes only 24. In a few years he will have to move up because the weight will be too difficult to cut. (IMO anyway) It will be interesting to see how he does against guys just as big as him. Either way... he looks unstoppable right now.

Looking forward to Florian vs Aldo. Florian has a pretty good shot, fighting at his best weight. But Aldo is a monster. Should be a good one.