• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Titus Young Arrested AGAIN!!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard Mike Silver on the radio who said that he was aware the guy has serious mental health and emotional issues. Never heard anything about concussions, but Silver did say something that made me think, this guy clearly has mental health issues, whether related to concussions or not, and the tragedy of mental health issues is that by their very nature they interfere with people getting treatment for it. I think this is a case for sympathy and concern, I just hope he gets help and doesn't hurt himself or anyone else.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard Mike Silver on the radio who said that he was aware the guy has serious mental health and emotional issues. Never heard anything about concussions, but Silver did say something that made me think, this guy clearly has mental health issues, whether related to concussions or not, and the tragedy of mental health issues is that by their very nature they interfere with people getting treatment for it. I think this is a case for sympathy and concern, I just hope he gets help and doesn't hurt himself or anyone else.

Funny you should say that because the day that this report came out about Titus, I saw Brandon Marshall on either NFL Network or NFL Live on ESPN. On camera, Marshall admitted to having Borderline Personality Disorder and being treated for it with an outpatient program. He also had implied to the interviewer that he had tried to get Titus help last off-season but that Young didn't take him up on it.

If this is a case of mental illness, there is a lot of possibility to bring mental health to the forefront. If Titus has mental issues, I hope that his plight will be a cautionary tale to untreated mental illness and his story be a wake up call to our society and how we shame, ridicule, and ultimately forget about those with serious mental illnesses that can be treated with proper medication and therapy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you should say that because the day that this report came out about Titus, I saw Brandon Marshall on either NFL Network or NFL Live on ESPN. On camera, Marshall admitted to having Borderline Personality Disorder and being treated for it with an outpatient program. He also had implied to the interviewer that he had tried to get Titus help last off-season but that Young didn't take him up on it.

If this is a case of mental illness, there is a lot of possibility to bring mental health to the forefront. If Titus has mental issues, I hope that his plight will be a cautionary tale to untreated mental illness and his story be a wake up call to our society and how we shame, ridicule, and ultimately forget about those with serious mental illnesses that can be treated with proper medication and therapy.

You've heard of the Rockets player who is scared of flying so he basically missed his rookie year due to it? Royce White, I think, is his name (at least the last name is correct). He went through a lot of blaming the organization to the NBA for not having a mental illness protocol to handle his or other's illnesses. I'm not sure what they could do, as bussing was impractical, home games only wasn't acceptable, he already had a therapist, home games also was unfair to those fighting for a roster spot, etc. But I would NOT say any major league sports league has the perfect system, either. He is right in that it could be better. I know flying is a legitimate fear of his, but I think a bipolar player would be a better example to champion this cause. Too many just think, get on the plane or retire already. Bipolar is at least considered big enough many wouldn't question the need for this support (though knowing and being willing are different things).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually believe that he has some mental health issues, it explains a lot of the ridiculous behavior. But knowing what I know about people with mental illnesses, it is also easy to use these things as an excuse for poor behavior.