• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some great stuff right there - How old do you think that kid is (I'm thinking four at most). That's a heck of a nice swing.
Yeah he can’t be anymore that 4. I joked he would be the best hitter on the Pirates right now.
The other amazing thing he even called himself out at the end.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to be negative but do they explain anywhere how this would help type 2s (which make up most of the total)? As I understand it their main issue is insulin resistance and their islets still produce insulin, no? This resistance can subsequently affect insulin production to some degree but it still seems like this development would aid them rather than truly curing them.

As I understand it this difference is the whole reason that the JDRF was created in the first place, soccer moms with type 1 kids were getting tired of seeing their donations being used mostly on type 2 related things.

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be negative but do they explain anywhere how this would help type 2s (which make up most of the total)? As I understand it their main issue is insulin resistance and their islets still produce insulin, no? This resistance can subsequently affect insulin production to some degree but it still seems like this development would aid them rather than truly curing them.

As I understand it this difference is the whole reason that the JDRF was created in the first place, soccer moms with type 1 kids were getting tired of seeing their donations being used mostly on type 2 related things.

They do mention that it is to used for type 2 as well as for type 1 but they don't go into the details. So I'm not sure.

EDIT: Some type 2s don't make enough insulin, so I would imagine it would help them. The other group of type 2s seems trickier for sure, maybe the insulin created by the stem cell treated blood makes more resistant insulin?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do mention that it is to used for type 2 as well as for type 1 but they don't go into the details. So I'm not sure.

EDIT: Some type 2s don't make enough insulin, so I would imagine it would help them. The other group of type 2s seems trickier for sure, maybe the insulin created by the stem cell treated blood makes more resistant insulin?

It seems like with the resistant people their locks (I use rooms with locked doors, hallways and keys as cell, blood vessel and insulin metaphors when I explain the difference between type 1 and type 2, I don't make any keys while they have keys but their locks are damaged and we both end up with sugar stuck in the hallways) will keep getting jammed up further anyway and they will just need to do this procedure repeatedly.

As I implied above type 2 is where all of the money/funding is. I'm not going to assume the worst but I really hope they're not giving type 2s false hope based on that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not be the place for this since this vid is based on baby yoda committing GENOCIDE !!! :noidea: