• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Somone Care to Explain to Me

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update on this one, I finally went to Downey Court last Monday and was able to get a court appearance on calendar for April 29.

I got there about 3pm, which is way late, and was totally expecting to be stuck in line forever. To my surprise I was in and out of there in about 35-40 minutes.

The clerk asked me if I was going to make a partial payment or a full payment and I said "no payment, I need to talk to a judge. This is not fair at all" and she said only two other people asked her that day to see a judge. Most people made the partial or full payments. Uh..seriously? These people didn't even THINK to ask to see a judge? The worst they will say is no but you could save a ton of money in the process.

In 2002 I got two tinted windows tickets about 4 months apart and being a young punk who thought I was above the law I never paid either of them. Fast forward almost a year and now had an outstanding warrant for my arrest for an FTA, the fines were close to $1000 and my license had been suspended because the court notified the DMV. I finally caved and went to the courthouse, told the judge why I did it (I think it's a dumb law in CA) but was ready to man up and deal. He immediately cut my fines for both tickets to $275, I got the abstract sent to the DMV to reinstate my license AND he let me make payments for 6 months. I gladly took it because a new tint job was going to be about $175 so all in all I was only out about $150 including the DMV reinstatement fee.

I'm not expecting a super deal like the above example because times and the financial situation of the state has changed dramatically in 12 years but I am expecting a break of some sort. If anyone gets into a situation like this and doesn't see a judge, you deserve to be bent over and raped with no lube.