• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - SF not safe?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some shady stuff at the Stick before, but that was mainly at the Raider/49er I attended. Have never seen or heard of the stuff mentioned in the post above, but those people are classless if its true.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans in all 4 of the major sports are getting ridiculous. I can understand not going in hostile teams tailgaiting areas, but once at your seats/inside the stadium and it's game time, people should be safe. I often wonder how the thugs/gangsters who are obviously looking to fight even get the money/tickets to get to the games. Unfortunately, this seems to be a growing trend around stadiums/areanas everywhere and not just an aberation. I feel for the Saints fan/family who had that happen to them.

Bottom line for me now, if I go to a game that's not a home game.....I wear regular clothes (with neutral colors) and I don't celebrate/cheer for my team until I'm inside the arena/stadium. Obviously, trouble can happen anywhere, but that has kept me out of harms way so far (obligatory knock on wood).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at least for opposing fans:

New York Giants Message Boards - My experience at Candlestick as a Saints fan

If what that poster said is true... damn....

LMAO!!!...If I didn't know any better I would say that was written either by a 49er fan wanting to keep the NYG fans on the couch, or someone playing a practical joke had stuck a "Fuck the 49ers & their fans" note on the back of this guys NYG jacket.

I loved his grocery list though - that was quite creative...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some shady stuff at the Stick before, but that was mainly at the Raider/49er I attended. Have never seen or heard of the stuff mentioned in the post above, but those people are classless if its true.

yea very intolerable... what i, personally, didn't like if what happen really happen and security didn't do anything, that's a problem...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!...If I didn't know any better I would say that was written either by a 49er fan wanting to keep the NYG fans on the couch, or someone playing a practical joke had stuck a "Fuck the 49ers & their fans" note on the back of this guys NYG jacket.

lol were you NolaFan!??!?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol were you NolaFan!??!?

Ha ha, no, not me...but it seemed to me that the 'story' was just that...a story. "...pelted with a peanut or two" How exactly does someone "get pelted with a peanut"?

I dunno, did it seem like a real story to you?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, IF true this kind of action is classless, not wanted at any stadium, any arena, any sport.
verbal taunts can cross the line as is, but these acts are certainly classless.

i usually attend one game a year and did see one close altercation in the stands, but the ushers/security came thru. saw one near altercation in the concourse but the 'combatants' and friends ran off, don't know where/if it continued? btw - both of these were Eagle games and their fans are the most 'a-hole' i've seen.

haven't personally seen anything like this in the parking lot, bathroom, or stands?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. My favorite lie was "we talked to the Police and they told us to run."

Riiiiiight. SFPD is itching for a liability lawsuit.

What a fucking lying assclown, bitter that his widdle sainties lost.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, no, not me...but it seemed to me that the 'story' was just that...a story. "...pelted with a peanut or two" How exactly does someone "get pelted with a peanut"?

I dunno, did it seem like a real story to you?

I can see it happening... but at any venue to be honest. Been to a few New York games and the fans get rowdy(never been in SF)... but i've seen fights broke out more so at soccer games(international friendlies or Copa de Oro) but the beer splashing and the grobing, thats not fair.

but who knows? Fuck sakes, we have our fans getting shot in New Orleans...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not to mention all the sh*t that happen in the preseason and at the La dodgers game too...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the exact same thing. Keep those Giants fans out of the stadium.

You are gonna get shitty fans everywhere you go, the bad apples, but everyone I know that has ever been to a game in SF says nothing but great things about the fans. And none of my friends are bay area sports teams fans. They are from the East Coast and Mid West.

Reading some of the responses is a joke. Talking about the 49ers are a classless organization and how the NY fans would never treat anybody badly.

If the thread is true, that's fucked up though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
His mom got a beer poured on her from behind? That's like a $7 Beer! What a waste! :)

In all seriousness I hope he's lying because that's disgusting. All the more reason NFL teams shouldn't let you in the stadium unless you have picture ID (which they should check and scan). That way if something happens & it gets caught on film the police can easily find out who it is. Bust a few morons for acting like that and word will spread.

Not sure what to do about minors, but they're usually not the problem.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fake

This is a pic he posted of one of the thugs...SCARY!
photomcc.jpg

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire freaking thing is fake.

SFPD lawsuits....check.

Assault and Battery....check.

Sexual Predator....check.

Police too worried about the end of the game to do their job....check.

Ushers instructing on how to get the hell out of dodge....check.

Simply stupid. There is no doubt that maybe someone accidentally spilled some beer in celebration or in the crowdedness that is Candlestick foot traffic, there was some brushing up against ppl. But really?!? Waving around exposed genitals? getting exactly 1" from faces and screaming? Etc. Etc. There may have been some idiots that did a variation of one or two of the listed things. But because of the AND....AND.....AND portion of the list, I have to exclude it based on the probabilities and my own eye witness accounts of things that have happened at the Stick.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is so ridiculous.......like they say, this stuff happens at pre-season Raider games when 80% of the tickets are for sale at half-price. But for this game, with premium prices? The banger population is minimal, and police population is very high. Nothing about it sounds true.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so ridiculous.......like they say, this stuff happens at pre-season Raider games when 80% of the tickets are for sale at half-price. But for this game, with premium prices? The banger population is minimal, and police population is very high. Nothing about it sounds true.

Repped!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the mayor double, or triple, police presence after that shooting in the preseason?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this sounds fake or at least like the person is over exaggerating.

picojim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
from Ann Killions article
NFL playoffs: Need to knows

- We interrupt the 49ers lovefest for a grim report from Candlestick Park. A friend of mine who grew up in New Orleans went to the game with his two teenage daughters. Yes, they were wearing Saints gear. Yes, they expected some friendly harassment. No, they didn’t expect what they got. This is how he described his experience:

“While walking through the parking lots we had footballs thrown at us, guys screaming curses in our faces -- my daughters asked if I had heard the guy who yelled "your mother's a whore," which I had, but couldn't show a reaction for fear for my daughters' and my own safety. We finally took to shadowing two cops who were strolling through the lots until we dashed for what we thought would be the relative sanity of the stadium.

“The stadium was no better. Every other word from dozens of fans around us was an F-bomb shouted at the top of their lungs. There were seven or eight large 30-35 year old guys directly behind who cursed and threatened us the entire game. After one string of profanities I turned around to look at them and the most obnoxious and combative of the bunch yelled " Do not turn around again! Do not EVER turn around again you (expletive)". They used gay slurs repeatedly at the husband of a middle-aged couple in front of us, the only other Saints fan in our area, and called his wife a bitch. A 49ers fan in front of him would react to every Saints score by turning around, pointing and screaming at the guy that he was going to "(expletive) kill you if you cheer again."