• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: "Raiders hire Packers Reggie McKenzie as new GM"

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than trading for palmer??? Joke

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That move won't help the Raiders, they suck and will continue to suck until they move back to LA.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've really, really liked what I've read about McKenzie in the past. Obviously I dislike this news. However....

Don’t be shocked if Hue Jackson doesn’t last in Oakland | ProFootballTalk

I think Jackson really hurt himself with his whole wanting more control and power grab spiel at the end of the season.

I do understand where he's coming from since as a coach you don't want some numbskull GM coming in and helping to get you fired with poor drafts and signings.

But the whole thing just came off slimy like he was trying to take advantage of the power vacuum left behind after Davis died and if I was an owner in that spot it would just really rub me the wrong way.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glazer, Schefter, Casserly, Brandt, and a few others have all reported/passed along in the last 48-72 hours that if Jackson is out as HC that McKenzie could replace him with current Packers asst head coach/inside linebackers coach Winston Moss.

Somebody asked me last year before Harbaugh was hired to post some of my favorite front office/head coaching options that might be realistic options for the 49ers at the time. (Baalke was never in danger of being replaced obviously).

One of the pairings I mentioned was McKenzie and Moss. Both have been mentioned many times for vacant jobs in the past. Moss reportedly has turned down other opportunities to move up in the past because he reportedly likes the GB area and has young kids.

McKenzie, as some may have read, was strongly recommended and endorsed by former Packers GM Ron Wolf. (Wolf's son was reportedly mentioned as somebody that might join McKenzie but it has since been reported that he'll stay in GB). Moss is frequently compared to Mike Tomlin personality wise and how he works with players. Several coaches have now been compared to Tomlin over the last couple of years, so that might be a played out comparison for some, but it's one I see frequently with Moss.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glazer, Schefter, Casserly, Brandt, and a few others have all reported/passed along in the last 48-72 hours that if Jackson is out as HC that McKenzie could replace him with current Packers asst head coach/inside linebackers coach Winston Moss.

Somebody asked me last year before Harbaugh was hired to post some of my favorite front office/head coaching options that might be realistic options for the 49ers at the time. (Baalke was never in danger of being replaced obviously).

One of the pairings I mentioned was McKenzie and Moss. Both have been mentioned many times for vacant jobs in the past. Moss reportedly has turned down other opportunities to move up in the past because he reportedly likes the GB area and has young kids.

McKenzie, as some may have read, was strongly recommended and endorsed by former Packers GM Ron Wolf. (Wolf's son was reportedly mentioned as somebody that might join McKenzie but it has since been reported that he'll stay in GB). Moss is frequently compared to Mike Tomlin personality wise and how he works with players. Several coaches have now been compared to Tomlin over the last couple of years, so that might be a played out comparison for some, but it's one I see frequently with Moss.

I remember that list. Lots of good information again pozz, thank you.

That sounds like a good direction for the Raiders to go. They seem to be heading in a very different direction than Raiders fans have been accustomed to in the past.