• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Premiership Forum

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
micro answer: they got their asses kicked in an earlier qualifying round and didnt make the hex

macro answer: they dont have their OWN domestic league and you cant develop players without one

Yup - I mean, do we even pour 1/10 of the money into soccer that we do into hockey? We need more qualified coaches at the grassroots levels as well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be ideal if the whitecaps/tfc and impact were allowed to field reserve teams in a canadian soccer league with FC Edmonton, Ottawa Fury, Winnipeg, Vic Highlanders, Kitchener but I doubt MLS will give any cdn teams special allowance to go over the cap and field such a large squad

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
micro answer: they got their asses kicked in an earlier qualifying round and didnt make the hex

macro answer: they dont have their OWN domestic league and you cant develop players without one

Thank you for both. I definitely feel the MLS has help the USNMT

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup - I mean, do we even pour 1/10 of the money into soccer that we do into hockey? We need more qualified coaches at the grassroots levels as well.

coaching is good until 15 or 16 and then there is a huge vaccum. I think what happens is at that age players make a decision and alot of the good ones end up trying to catch on in europe. When that happens the players are left looking for loopholes to somehow get a euro passport to start a career in europe. The ones that "stay cdn" are basically left to fend for themselves and scratch and claw to gain traction in developing a professional soccer career in europe.

They end up spread out in good and lower leagues all over europe looking out for number 1. The CSA doesnt do a good job of bringing them back into the fold and their scheduling of camps/international games is atrocious so they never get to play together. Then when they do play the odd friendly ... you end up with 11 individuals trying to play together but falling back on the different soccer systems theyve learned which are actually quite different all over europe

you absolutely NEED familiarity amongst the squad and canadian soccer never accomplishes that

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for both. I definitely feel the MLS has help the USNMT

i think 14 of yesterdays USA squad v mexico were mls based players

just wish MLS would do something to help cdn teams in the league not just develop homegrown talent but also give them an opportunity to play ... hard for cdn pro teams to balance WINNING with developing players for the national team* when they get zero development support from CSA

* TFC take the easy road and do neither

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need more qualified coaches at the grassroots levels as well.

This has always been the biggest problem, but I heard something interesting the other day.....not sure how common it is. But the town where I grew up now imports some knowledgeable English guys in their 20s to teach/coach soccer for a season, puts them up with host families and pays a small wage. Neat solution while we develop our soccer infrastructure and produce a better number of technically and tactically proficient coaches.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUXqFeRCUAAxz8g.jpg

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw stuff about this over on World Soccer Talk. I seem to be in the minority of thinking Fox SHOULD want the games in November - December. Ratings may hurt a bit, but advertising goes up during sweeps periods

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it makes sense that a guy from Liverpool scores a goal with a little help from his friends...

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno ... maybe a red card? abitmuch?

[YOUTUBE]-MJ7gxuDGxI[/YOUTUBE]