• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Pacquiao-Bradley

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money $$$
Teddy Atlas was saying Manny's deal with Arum was coming up soon, and their was a possibility of Manny leaving him to pursue the match with Floyd. So it actually makes sense for Arum to screw Manny over and keep Bradley undefeated. At the same time it drastically hurts the marketability of the Manny vs Floyd fight. He also probably thought a re-match in November would be a bigger payday for both fighters if Bradley won.

ya i watched his interview afterwards. the only conspiracy theory that makes sense to me. i dont think arum wants a mayweather fight to happen or it woulda happened already.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the fight again... I wonder how big the bribe was not as obvious as the phantom hook dive... but damn close... I live in Vegas and I bet on Bradley because hell 20 bucks gave a goo return but I watched the fight and with the exception of 2 rounds Pacman owned the fight.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the fight again... I wonder how big the bribe was not as obvious as the phantom hook dive... but damn close... I live in Vegas and I bet on Bradley because hell 20 bucks gave a goo return but I watched the fight and with the exception of 2 rounds Pacman owned the fight.

well the 2 judges that scored it for bradley were over 70. maybe they're just that bad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first time in internet history, that every single response I've seen is in agreement. so far I haven't seen one person who thinks manny really lost. not one. I missed the fight, but i'm reading reactions around the web, I can't find anyone. I haven't even seen trolls. I know fight fans who are saying they are done with the sport. They seem shaken by it too, like it's the most obvious fix they've ever seen.

I watched the post fight interview and think Bradley looks pretty shook, the November 10th shit is extremely suspicious, looks like one of those nervous brain spills. There is no way they've had time to agree to a date post fight, and he sounded certain of that date. Is it common to agree to rematch dates before the fight even takes place?

I watched it Saturday night and thought Pacquiao won but not by that much. I had it 7-5 for Manny but alot of the rounds were close and Im 100% sure the judges didnt take too kindly to him making them wait almost 45 minutes for the fight so he could watch the rest of the Heat game. The outrage on this is pretty crazy because in the history of bad judging decisions this one isnt even in the top 10. The Marquez-Pacquiao decision was way worse IMO.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it Saturday night and thought Pacquiao won but not by that much. I had it 7-5 for Manny but alot of the rounds were close and Im 100% sure the judges didnt take too kindly to him making them wait almost 45 minutes for the fight so he could watch the rest of the Heat game. The outrage on this is pretty crazy because in the history of bad judging decisions this one isnt even in the top 10. The Marquez-Pacquiao decision was way worse IMO.

I'm with R. here. I had this fight 8-4. I don't think the Marquez-Pacquiao decisions were worse (even though I did have Marquez going 2-0-1 in those fights), but there are definitely MUCH worse decisions out there. Off the top of my head, Santa Cruz-Casamayor is a fight with a decision that was many magnitudes worse.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a lot of former boxers made comments on twitter after the fight. The only one that stood out to me was Lennox Lewis calling it the worst decision he's ever seen. He said it even topped his decision to draw to Holyfield in their first title match.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just out of left field - I can't imagine anyone saw this coming!

Pacquiao wants rematch with Bradley

Well the WBO concluded it was a unanimous decision victory for Pacquiao after having several outside judges commissioned to score the fight. The closes one of them had it was 115-113 for Pacquiao, but the rest of them had it about like everyone else 117-111. They were set to order a re-match if Pacquiao did not invoke the clause in his contract. That does not mean a re-match had to happen, but it might have been ugly for Bob Arum to have the WBO demand a rematch and his fighter not comply.

It's still the Nevada Athletic Commission that needs to review this fight, but they are like every other sport in that they would rather sweep things under a rug and just hope everyone forgets about it and moves on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the WBO concluded it was a unanimous decision victory for Pacquiao after having several outside judges commissioned to score the fight. The closes one of them had it was 115-113 for Pacquiao, but the rest of them had it about like everyone else 117-111. They were set to order a re-match if Pacquiao did not invoke the clause in his contract. That does not mean a re-match had to happen, but it might have been ugly for Bob Arum to have the WBO demand a rematch and his fighter not comply.

It's still the Nevada Athletic Commission that needs to review this fight, but they are like every other sport in that they would rather sweep things under a rug and just hope everyone forgets about it and moves on.

I don't think the NAC will be sweeping anything under the carpet, this has become obvious IMO, that it is not about who won the first fight - it's about who will win the second.

This was just a set-up fight to a bigger payday. With both fighters having the same promoter and with Pacman nearing the end of his career, I would look for the rematch by next summer.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The rematch will be November 10th if it happens. I'm guessign they fight Nov. 10th, Manny wins no matter how the fight turns out, then Manny and Mayweather fight in May for their big $50M each pay day. This will give Money about 9 months to get ready once he's out of jail. I would actually be surprised if this fight doesn't happen in May. I think they both know they're coming to end of their careers and look at the payday they're gonna get and see they can't pass it up again. Not too many chances left for either of them to collect $50M+.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way. That was a close fight that could have gone either way. No matter who got the win for that one, it would have been justified, but in the end Marquez didn't do enough to take a belt. Which means that Bradley sure as hell didn't do enough to take the belt.

You are being far too kind, but I think 7-5 is the absolute closest it could have been and that is with the judges giving every single toss up round to Bradley. But Manny won at least 7 of those rounds decisively. Towards the end of the fight he looked bored.