• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Pacquiao-Bradley

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the fight, I thought it was a judged fairly. The Nov. 10th rematch was in the contract if Pac lost they would fight on that date. That is why they knew about it already.

But Bradley won the first 2 rounds and the last 5. There were a few that were close that could have gone either way. The judges obviously ruled them for Bradley.

It is not about total thrown and landed and power punches. It is about winning rounds. Manny had Bradley on the ropes in the 4th and was not taking it serious. Bradley almost went down twice. He shouldn't have messed around and handled business then.

The out come of this fight reminds me of Dela Hoya and Mayweather. Everyone thought Oscar won, but he lost the last few rounds just trying to stay away and some of those close rounds early on that he thought he won went the other way.

So if boxing is not about landing punches and hard punches at that then how do you win? Bradley did not have 1 round the whole fight he looked totally in control of the action. He did not have 1 round he ever looked to hurt Manny with a punch or combination. Even in the rounds Bradley looked to be moving and landing it was Manny that was getting the better of the exchanges.

Also, they are now talking like a re-match might not happen. The LA Times was reporting this morning that they will have to see how fans react. The word last night to the promoter was that fans would turn their back on a re-match. Everyone knows Manny won and was robbed and would not be willing to shell out money for the fight again.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CompuBox Stats: Bradley W 12 Pacquaio | CompuBox

Here is the round by round numbers.

Please take note of the 7th round

Punches Landed/Thrown-
Manny - 27/77
Bradley- 11/67

Very much lopsided

Jabs Landed/Thrown-
Manny - 5/18
Bradley - 2/32

Bradley threw a lot but landed almost none. Also the jab accounted for half the punches he threw the entire round.

Power Punches Landed/Thrown
Manny - 22/59
Bradley - 9/35

Majority of Manny's punches in the round where thrown with bad intentions and those were the shots he landed the most during the round. Another lopsided stat in Manny's favor for the round.

Now why did I pick the 7th round to talk about?

c42347df0278337bbce141e09707f6b1.jpg

Because every single judge scored that round for Bradley.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised it favored Bradley for the decision but not shock. I'm a Pacman fan but he didn't look his best and really not even interested.... the guy's mindset isn't boxing right now and it shows.

He really thought he could breeze through this. Joke was on him, Bradley fought well and strong but IMHO I thought Pacman had him backed up most of the night. Bradley did won the last two rds though.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, had Manny been more concerned with the fight and less concerned with outside things such as the Celtics game, and ended this fight we would not be discussing controversy. Bradley came into this fight with 25+ bouts and undefeated. Did Manny do enough for me to tarnish the record of an undefeated fighter? Absolutely not. In my view, the judges put the burden of proof on Pac-Man to prove he was the better fighter and he didn't. At the end, the public can scream, accuse, and float conspiracy theories all day, but Timothy Bradley is the champion until he is beaten with a 0 in the loss column and Floyd is the Top Dog hands down at this stage

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pac-Man and Floyd are two oldies that aren't going to carry what's left of Boxing much longer, so it only makes sense to give Bradley the win that way they can leech onto him and hopefully he can provide a much needed lift for the sport in the future.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised it favored Bradley for the decision but not shock. I'm a Pacman fan but he didn't look his best and really not even interested.... the guy's mindset isn't boxing right now and it shows.

He really thought he could breeze through this. Joke was on him, Bradley fought well and strong but IMHO I thought Pacman had him backed up most of the night. Bradley did won the last two rds though.

If I was also a Congressman, actor, and singer, I wouldn't care too much either. For Pac-Man boxing is not his entire life anymore. He doesn't have to step into a ring and take punches to his face to make big $$$.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that was the best Manny has looked in the ring in the last several fights. I really don't see how anyone thinks Bradley won the fight. The numbers don't lie. Bradley was slow and unable to take the fight to Manny. The Pacman was able avoid almost everything Bradley threw at him and return fire throughout the fight. I've seen Mayweather countless times do less and win big.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me say, after watching last nights fight, I have a new found respect for Mayweather and how he handles his business affairs inside and outside of the ring. I used to be of the opinion that the knock-out shot on Ortiz was cheap, but this is boxing, finish the fight and leave no doubt. Floyd has been so vilified but he may actually be who he thinks he is. He gets his money, sets his venues, determines his splits and doesn't have to worry about a suspect promoter potentially waiting to screw him over for the "next big thing" as man pro manny individuals have also assessed with the proposed "fixed" fight. I highly doubt I will ever be repping a team money t-shirt, but from a professional side, I highly respect how the guy handles his.

why would arum rig the fight for bradley? the guy is a bum.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if boxing is not about landing punches and hard punches at that then how do you win? Bradley did not have 1 round the whole fight he looked totally in control of the action. He did not have 1 round he ever looked to hurt Manny with a punch or combination. Even in the rounds Bradley looked to be moving and landing it was Manny that was getting the better of the exchanges.

Also, they are now talking like a re-match might not happen. The LA Times was reporting this morning that they will have to see how fans react. The word last night to the promoter was that fans would turn their back on a re-match. Everyone knows Manny won and was robbed and would not be willing to shell out money for the fight again.

that would be justice. what would be better is if ppl boycotted anything associated with arum.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would arum rig the fight for bradley? the guy is a bum.

Money $$$
Teddy Atlas was saying Manny's deal with Arum was coming up soon, and their was a possibility of Manny leaving him to pursue the match with Floyd. So it actually makes sense for Arum to screw Manny over and keep Bradley undefeated. At the same time it drastically hurts the marketability of the Manny vs Floyd fight. He also probably thought a re-match in November would be a bigger payday for both fighters if Bradley won.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Friday night is the night boxing died for me. I'm not even upset anymore.

In football, this would be equivalent to a 49-7 game, and the team with only 7 points wins.

I'm really disgusted and I could care less about the sport.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night is the night boxing died for me. I'm not even upset anymore.

In football, this would be equivalent to a 49-7 game, and the team with only 7 points wins.

I'm really disgusted and I could care less about the sport.

wasnt it on saturday night?

He was one of those people "in the know" about the fix, he placed his bet, and so on Friday, he was done with boxing because his concience got to him. He still collected the money after the fight, because you know, having a conscience doesn't make him stupid. I am, of course, kidding.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no wonder some people here who never bet on boxing before.........bet big on Bradley? they supposedly have paid info from the mainland.

i watched the entire fight and felt Pacquiao won, not by much.......but enough to win. i agree Pacquiao had the better power punches, easily. however, TWO judges had it 115-113 Bradley? not winning by one, but TWO??!!

I was listening to the radio yesterday and Max Kellerman was giving his score. He basically said that in the old days of boxing the ref would score the fight. If the round was not decisive for one fighter it would be an even round. (something they try not to do anymore) So a 12 round fight might look like fighter A wins 4-3 with 5 even rounds. Basically the scoring system is fucked because Pacquiao could totally dominate Bradley in a round and if there is no knockdown he only wins 10-9. Then if there is a round completely even but they give it to Bradley, he still gets that same score 10-9. So going with the old system of decisive rounds is the best way.

Max watched the fight again and gave that score. What it came down to was that Pacquiao had 7 decisive rounds to only 1 for Bradley. So even if the judges gave every single even round to Bradley...he still loses the fight.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was one of those people "in the know" about the fix, he placed his bet, and so on Friday, he was done with boxing because his concience got to him. He still collected the money after the fight, because you know, having a conscience doesn't make him stupid. I am, of course, kidding.

Funny, because I am from Vegas and I knew it'd be rigged just by the judges.

Pacquaio was slotted to fight Nov 10 already, it just happened to be the same date Bradley said the re-match was going to happen.

But, I wasn't in town. I honestly would have put 10k on Bradley.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the fight is going to be reviewed. I don't follow boxing, but that can't be common.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the fight is going to be reviewed. I don't follow boxing, but that can't be common.

WBO is going to review it, but I think all they can do is order a rematch that is already probably going to happen. You would think since it is their belt they could strip Bradley of the title, but I'm sure doing so would cause them to probably lose their right to get fights sanction by almost any athletic commission.

It's the Nevada Athletic Commission that needs to look into it. I honestly think they should be able to let other judges review the fight and how they would score it. If a certain majority of the judges disagree with the fight winner you overturn it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was reading that the 2 'judges' who gave bradley the fight are over 70...

ya...exactly