• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Pacquiao-Bradley

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard the news that Pacman lost to Bradley and it was full of controversy and some thought he won. I can't say I completely feel bad for the guy since Marquez appeared to have beat Pacquiao and the judges gave it to Pacman.

The rematch should be very interesting though. This is probably good for boxing since Pacman and Floyd were running out of guys to fight, now Bradley is a legit contender for Mayweather's No. 1 spot.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first time in internet history, that every single response I've seen is in agreement. so far I haven't seen one person who thinks manny really lost. not one. I missed the fight, but i'm reading reactions around the web, I can't find anyone. I haven't even seen trolls. I know fight fans who are saying they are done with the sport. They seem shaken by it too, like it's the most obvious fix they've ever seen.

I watched the post fight interview and think Bradley looks pretty shook, the November 10th shit is extremely suspicious, looks like one of those nervous brain spills. There is no way they've had time to agree to a date post fight, and he sounded certain of that date. Is it common to agree to rematch dates before the fight even takes place?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacquiao did not even come close to losing. Bradley with generous judging won 4 rounds tops and only 2 with good judging. At least the Marquez fight was close and you could at least sway people to believe Pac Man won a few rounds that maybe you thought he didn't to score the win. This fight however is not even close enough to sway a few rounds to Bradley.

I'm serious when I say for those that did not watch the fight I'm trying to sway opinion just to give Bradley 4 rounds and yet the judges gave him 7. If boxing wants to save face and protect their sport this is a decision that will be overturned to a no-contest, but I feel it's a corrupt decision set in motion by Bob Arum and will stand.

I will put it this way, I've thought Floyd Mayweather looked less impressive in his last 3 fights than Manny looked tonight, but he won all of his in a landslide. Mayweather usually does very little expect dodge and move while throwing a counter and sometimes a flurry. He is usually very boring as of late, but he makes guys look slow trying to come after him. Manny tonight just made a guy that is 29-0 look like he did not belong in the same ring with him by taking the fight to him for at least 9 of 12 rounds, and yet he loses.

The NBA playoffs have better officials than tonights boxing match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boxing is now dead.

Don't kid youself, boxing has pretty much been dead for quite some time. Two guys can't keep the sport a float forever.

I actually thought Pacman lost his last fight, as did alot of people. The fix was in on that one as well. Not saying that has anything to do with this fight just pointing out that this has happened before and quite often.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rematch should tell us all what we need to know. I honestly am not as shocked as most people, I was shocked after the Marquez decision but I guess now I just come to expect the unexpected with boxing.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid youself, boxing has pretty much been dead for quite some time. Two guys can't keep the sport a float forever.

I actually thought Pacman lost his last fight, as did alot of people. The fix was in on that one as well. Not saying that has anything to do with this fight just pointing out that this has happened before and quite often.

But Marquez did not dominate Pacman the way Pacman dominated Bradley tonight. There is a difference between a close fight not quite going the winners way and a lopsided fight not going the winners way. Pacman dominated Bradley and the stat sheet shows it. Pacman out landed and connected on more power punches in every round.

The evidence is there and the decision should be easy. The fights needs to be ruled a no-contest and 3 judges put on suspension if not have their license revoked for what happened tonight.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
545849_10150889740240888_112441231_n.jpg

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no wonder some people here who never bet on boxing before.........bet big on Bradley? they supposedly have paid info from the mainland.

i watched the entire fight and felt Pacquiao won, not by much.......but enough to win. i agree Pacquiao had the better power punches, easily. however, TWO judges had it 115-113 Bradley? not winning by one, but TWO??!!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Marquez did not dominate Pacman the way Pacman dominated Bradley tonight. There is a difference between a close fight not quite going the winners way and a lopsided fight not going the winners way. Pacman dominated Bradley and the stat sheet shows it. Pacman out landed and connected on more power punches in every round.

The evidence is there and the decision should be easy. The fights needs to be ruled a no-contest and 3 judges put on suspension if not have their license revoked for what happened tonight.

I understand that he didn't completely dominate the fight but IMO he clearly should have won by decision.

What would shock me is if the fight is ruled a no-contest. There have been a lot of fights in which the "winner" lost from the judges and things were reversed, I don't think things should be different just because it is Pacman. Just fight the rematch and let them go from there.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected.... Bradley did out land Pacman in 2 of the rounds. So like I said, you can easily with good judging give the guy 2 rounds but 7? He only out landed the guy in 2 rounds and yet he wins 7 of them? I really hope the athletic commission takes a look at this fight and overturns this.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that he didn't completely dominate the fight but IMO he clearly should have won by decision.

What would shock me is if the fight is ruled a no-contest. There have been a lot of fights in which the "winner" lost from the judges and things were reversed, I don't think things should be different just because it is Pacman. Just fight the rematch and let them go from there.

Hopkins got his belt back and fight overturned
The Canadians got their Silver Medal turned into a Gold
Miami even got to play a redo on an overtime game against Atlanta a few years ago in the NBA.

It does not always happen but sometimes the right calls do get made after the night is over.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Smells like a cheap way to drum up interest in the sport. I mean no publicity is bad publicity right?

Because of the controversy the fight has more interest and being talked about more than if Pacman won and now you've just built intrigue and interest for the rematch.

-Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smells like a cheap way to drum up interest in the sport. I mean no publicity is bad publicity right?

Because of the controversy the fight has more interest and being talked about more than if Pacman won and now you've just built intrigue and interest for the rematch.

Ha ha - I've have never heard the cliche put quite like that before. I agree completely with this post

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the fight, I thought it was a judged fairly. The Nov. 10th rematch was in the contract if Pac lost they would fight on that date. That is why they knew about it already.

But Bradley won the first 2 rounds and the last 5. There were a few that were close that could have gone either way. The judges obviously ruled them for Bradley.

It is not about total thrown and landed and power punches. It is about winning rounds. Manny had Bradley on the ropes in the 4th and was not taking it serious. Bradley almost went down twice. He shouldn't have messed around and handled business then.

The out come of this fight reminds me of Dela Hoya and Mayweather. Everyone thought Oscar won, but he lost the last few rounds just trying to stay away and some of those close rounds early on that he thought he won went the other way.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell that to Penn State after this Sandusky mess.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the fight, I thought it was a judged fairly. The Nov. 10th rematch was in the contract if Pac lost they would fight on that date. That is why they knew about it already.

But Bradley won the first 2 rounds and the last 5. There were a few that were close that could have gone either way. The judges obviously ruled them for Bradley.

It is not about total thrown and landed and power punches. It is about winning rounds. Manny had Bradley on the ropes in the 4th and was not taking it serious. Bradley almost went down twice. He shouldn't have messed around and handled business then.

The out come of this fight reminds me of Dela Hoya and Mayweather. Everyone thought Oscar won, but he lost the last few rounds just trying to stay away and some of those close rounds early on that he thought he won went the other way.

That sums of the night. I watched the fight, and many rounds were completely close. All of this talk of the fight being fixed I deem nonsense. Pac-Man should have put Bradley away at times, but the underdog did come to fight and brought it to Pac-Man and when left in the hands of the Judges, this is what happens. Many in America want to cry foul for Pac-Man, but for me, he simply did not pass the eye test for as "dominant" as he's supposed to be. I've purchased a few Manny fights in the last couple of years, and for me, he's just seemed on the decline, like he's not as hungry. Certainly delaying his title fight so he could watch the Celtics game should tell more about Manny than many want to acknowledge. Was he focused? Apparently not. Even at the weigh in, Manny while in terrific shape, was not in Dominate shape. The "fans" need not blame the judges on this one, blame Manny. Tyson and Ali use to leave no doubt in their hay-days, these champions now days better get a grip. Who in the hell wants to keep paying 50-80 dollars on PPV for a decision? If your not hungry to be the king of the mountain, then go home

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me say, after watching last nights fight, I have a new found respect for Mayweather and how he handles his business affairs inside and outside of the ring. I used to be of the opinion that the knock-out shot on Ortiz was cheap, but this is boxing, finish the fight and leave no doubt. Floyd has been so vilified but he may actually be who he thinks he is. He gets his money, sets his venues, determines his splits and doesn't have to worry about a suspect promoter potentially waiting to screw him over for the "next big thing" as man pro manny individuals have also assessed with the proposed "fixed" fight. I highly doubt I will ever be repping a team money t-shirt, but from a professional side, I highly respect how the guy handles his.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Boxing was getting tired of Mayweather and Pacman. They want new blood on the headlines.