• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife makes reservations at a Mexican restaurant we like for New Year’s Eve, 7:30. Did same thing last year. Usually just get a few tacos, bill is around $65 for the both of us incl. a drink or soda etc. No dish on the menu is more than like $25. Not a fancy place at all.

Restaurant texts her Dec. 30, “Hi, we’re doing a prix fixe menu for $75 per person.” Wife calls, asks if it’s mandatory if you dine that night to do that menu or if you can still order off the regular menu, girl who answers doesn’t even know, turns out you have to get the prix fixe menu.

If you want to do that, fine, make that decision early on and let diners know; to do it one day before NYE on one of the busier dine out nights of the year, long after any reservation we may have wanted was gone? Dick move.

Anyway, happy new year to everyone except those assholes.

serves you right to suffer....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"for free".

Things are free, gratis or for nothing.

“Strict grammarians will tell you that 'for free' is grammatically incorrect because 'free' is not a noun, and this means it cannot be preceded by 'for' (a preposition). In their view, something is 'sold for nothing' or is 'sold free.

Bull's fucking eye...!!!
For sure!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyless dickless fucks.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"irregardless" :laugh3: well played

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate packaging you can't open. Like, do I really need a chain saw to open a blister card of little pills?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing "your estimated wait time is one minute" 20-30 times over the course of 45 minutes on hold.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "Smart" TV which just updated last week to always open to their "Home Screen" and forces me to watch ads for whatever streaming service pays them the most to hawk them instead of just opening to my last used input/service like it did since i bought it 2 years ago.

I don't give a fuck about whatever the fuck crunchyroll is. I just want to play my XBOX.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that has always driven me crazy is when i accidentally drop, or it rolls off the table, a coin or chocolate covered almond on the floor and it then proceeds to bounce, roll, and skitter 14 feet away to to a place where i've got to get down on the floor and try to fish it out behind the couch or under the sink cabinets or some other ridiculous nook that it had about a.05% of ending up. I do still eat the almond, btw.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that has always driven me crazy is when i accidentally drop, or it rolls off the table, a coin or chocolate covered almond on the floor and it then proceeds to bounce, roll, and skitter 14 feet away to to a place where i've got to get down on the floor and try to fish it out behind the couch or under the sink cabinets or some other ridiculous nook that it had about a.05% of ending up. I do still eat the almond, btw.

50 second rule

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a job interview scheduled this morning. I was not real nervous as I have my doubts its a "real" opening but I did prepare the last couple days. Listing things I wanted to mention, coming up with interview appropriate jokes* etc....and I got up really early today to look alert and psych myself up. And then 30 minutes before the interview I get an email postponing it. I get it, its the day before a holiday, but they suggested the date/time. Oh well, redoing my material to be edgier.

*Last time I used a twist on an Anthony Jeselnik bit and the interviewer called me out on it. I did not get the job, so now its all "fresh" material.
Postponed interview happened this morning. It went well. Well enough that I think he was actually being nice when he told me at the end that they are looking for someone with a certain certification already. Not that I am completely ruled out. A certification that a company usually has to sponsor you for and one that was not posting in the listing. So basically they are trying to hire someone from another organization which has already sponsored and paid for the certification, yet they are still advertising it internally and encouraging internal candidates to apply. Not a waste of everyone's time at all.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coat hangers
Bizzy signals
Loud people

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Postponed interview happened this morning. It went well. Well enough that I think he was actually being nice when he told me at the end that they are looking for someone with a certain certification already. Not that I am completely ruled out. A certification that a company usually has to sponsor you for and one that was not posting in the listing. So basically they are trying to hire someone from another organization which has already sponsored and paid for the certification, yet they are still advertising it internally and encouraging internal candidates to apply. Not a waste of everyone's time at all.
And and just received my "you didnt get the job" form letter so 100% sure they already had their person. Nice waste of three weeks,

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And and just received my "you didnt get the job" form letter so 100% sure they already had their person. Nice waste of three weeks,
Bullseye for the waste of weeks. The worst I ever had was with Microsoft.
Essentially, they drug me through all these phone interviews for two weeks. Had to do a whole presentation that took me a week to build. Then fly to DC, spend two days -> one day presenting the design, day two interviewing with 5 different people on that design. To be told they are hiring the guy back who left the position originally.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullseye for the waste of weeks. The worst I ever had was with Microsoft.
Essentially, they drug me through all these phone interviews for two weeks. Had to do a whole presentation that took me a week to build. Then fly to DC, spend two days -> one day presenting the design, day two interviewing with 5 different people on that design. To be told they are hiring the guy back who left the position originally.
Sorry about the frustration, Comeds. Hope you find something good soon.

Company I am at now did this to my former boss from my last job. They opened a position that she would have been great at. She applied, went through two weeks of interviews only for them to ghost her and hire an internal person. I was so pissed they did that to her. That person then quit a few months later and they called my old boss back, and she turned them down. Then they came to me asking me to talk to her and try to get her to re-apply. I declined. I am very careful about who I recommend applying now.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll tell you what drives me fucking nuts, seeing all this stuff lately about “Stanley Cups” and thinking it has something to do with hockey.

Then realizing it’s about fucking thermoses we had 40 years ago that *cool young kids now have made popular again

*get off of my fucking lawn