• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Mike Brown fired as Laker Coach

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who didn't see this coming. I thought they would at least ride it out another 5 more games, but he got the axe today. Can't wait till they hire Stan Van Gundy. It's gonna be epic.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike D'Antoni's teams don't play defense, but he also never had a shot-blocker like Howard and only a couple of perimeter defenders like Kobe and World Peace. Though, they certainly have lost a step... and a little sanity.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the Lakers are going to be great in the regular season and lose early in the playoffs. D'antoni is going to run this team into the ground. Nash, Kobe, Gasol aren't exactly young guys. Dwight hasn't recovered from his back injuries. You've got no guys you can really count on to hit an outside shot.

They're gonna post good numbers based on talent alone, but I think fatigue is going to hit them late in the year. We'll see though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what happened with Phil Jackson. I thought for sure he would be the new coach. Sure there were some pretty heavy demands made by Jackson, as reported by the media, but I thought the two sides were still negotiating and would talk again today or tomorrow. Why wouldn't the Lakers let that process play out?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the Lakers are going to be great in the regular season and lose early in the playoffs. D'antoni is going to run this team into the ground. Nash, Kobe, Gasol aren't exactly young guys. Dwight hasn't recovered from his back injuries. You've got no guys you can really count on to hit an outside shot.

They're gonna post good numbers based on talent alone, but I think fatigue is going to hit them late in the year. We'll see though.

My thoughts exactly.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the Lakers have gone this season in some ways is head scratching - Nash is a solid perimeter player but not the answer for the Lakers' PG issue. Now, getting D'Antoni and running an up tempo offense for a team that is aging is really confusing. Jackson's demands may have been heavy, but his slowed down, boring triangle offense would have better suited this team. Lakers can pass, but they're not going to run up and down the floor the way teams such as the W's did with Baron Davis a few years ago.

Really weird what's going on with LA.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the Lakers have gone this season in some ways is head scratching - Nash is a solid perimeter player but not the answer for the Lakers' PG issue. Now, getting D'Antoni and running an up tempo offense for a team that is aging is really confusing. Jackson's demands may have been heavy, but his slowed down, boring triangle offense would have better suited this team. Lakers can pass, but they're not going to run up and down the floor the way teams such as the W's did with Baron Davis a few years ago.

Really weird what's going on with LA.

Before the deadline, I think they're going to trade Pau Gasol, Jordan Hill and Darius Morris for Josh Smith and Devin Harris (or Petro with no Hill, if Steve Blake has been doing well off the bench). That would better fit the system. Kobe would lead the league in 3s.