• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao... Finally!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather is a bitch. He's calling him out NOW but he did nothing but make excuses when negotiations were right in front of him. First he wanted blood drawn the day of the fight BEFORE THE FIGHT (PacMan said he would be more then willing to draw blood after but didn't like the idea of blood being drawn before, thought it would weaken him), then he wanted to put in the contract that Pacquiao would NOT be allowed to train in the Phillipines because he stated he wanted to know that Pacquiao was staying clean (which is also ridiculous considering he has never failed a drug test and the Phillipines aren't exactly on the cutting edge of medicine), and then NOW he all of the sudden grows a pair?!? If and when this fights goes down, it will have been four years too late and I will predict that one, if not both, of the fighters will look like a shell of their former selves. Never in the history of boxing has two fighters in the same weight class dominate for so long without ever having fought each other and I place ALL the blame on Mayweather.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he can go to jail as a loser then...

but i believe it when i see it... they are the only guys keeping boxing alive IMO...

I just wish, that they would've clashed a year or 2 ago... cuz they were more in their prime and fresh IMO compared to now...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather wants the pay day and would like to do this before he serves his jail time is the way I see it. I feel it's Mayweather that has avoided this fight for as long as possible to preserve his legacy. He like the rest of the world has known it was going to happen at some point though, but if it happens at the end of his career he can retire and spin the media that he was past his prime and it would've been different if Pac Man had fought him earlier in his career.

It's all media crap which is really what Mayweather is best at, but this fight stands to make way to much money for him to ignore.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinzu;1549467[B said:
]Mayweather wants the pay day and would like to do this before he serves his jail time is the way I see it.[/B] I feel it's Mayweather that has avoided this fight for as long as possible to preserve his legacy. He like the rest of the world has known it was going to happen at some point though, but if it happens at the end of his career he can retire and spin the media that he was past his prime and it would've been different if Pac Man had fought him earlier in his career.

It's all media crap which is really what Mayweather is best at, but this fight stands to make way to much money for him to ignore.

What's Mayweather got, 90 days? Dude, I've done 90 days in the s.h.u. for fighting in jail, trust me, his 90 days (which will end up 45 days), is not making a difference.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather is a Punk ass thug!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather is a bitch. He's calling him out NOW but he did nothing but make excuses when negotiations were right in front of him. First he wanted blood drawn the day of the fight BEFORE THE FIGHT (PacMan said he would be more then willing to draw blood after but didn't like the idea of blood being drawn before, thought it would weaken him), then he wanted to put in the contract that Pacquiao would NOT be allowed to train in the Phillipines because he stated he wanted to know that Pacquiao was staying clean (which is also ridiculous considering he has never failed a drug test and the Phillipines aren't exactly on the cutting edge of medicine), and then NOW he all of the sudden grows a pair?!? If and when this fights goes down, it will have been four years too late and I will predict that one, if not both, of the fighters will look like a shell of their former selves. Never in the history of boxing has two fighters in the same weight class dominate for so long without ever having fought each other and I place ALL the blame on Mayweather.

i think mayweather wanted to fight ortiz as a warm up fight. but now with jail time it's either now or like nov 2013. arum doesn't want to chance mayweather beating his meal ticket so the fight will not happen. they'll most likely get serious about a fight in 2013 as mayweather gets older and they hope slower.

arum was mayweather's promotor. he knows what mayweather will do to pacman and then the big paychecks stop.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather is taking the fight because Marquez and him fight the same style and a lot of people think Marquez beat Pacquiao (I don't think he did though) So he sees it as a matchup problem for Pacquiao. I think Mayweather waited this long because the styles they fight, the longer it took the more of an advantage he has. Counter punchers can fight forever because they don't take as many punches. Manny goes out and brawls guys. He takes a lot of hits because he is willing to. It may only be a few years, and Pacquiao is still pretty fast, but even losing a fraction of that speed is a pretty big deal in a fight like this.

If this fight happened 2 or 3 years ago I would say Pacquiao wins, but now I am not sure.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pernell whitaker couldn't fight forever. age catches up fast to counter punchers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather is taking the fight because Marquez and him fight the same style and a lot of people think Marquez beat Pacquiao (I don't think he did though) So he sees it as a matchup problem for Pacquiao. I think Mayweather waited this long because the styles they fight, the longer it took the more of an advantage he has. Counter punchers can fight forever because they don't take as many punches. Manny goes out and brawls guys. He takes a lot of hits because he is willing to. It may only be a few years, and Pacquiao is still pretty fast, but even losing a fraction of that speed is a pretty big deal in a fight like this.

If this fight happened 2 or 3 years ago I would say Pacquiao wins, but now I am not sure.

Agreed, Pacquiao was a much more hungry and aggressive fighter back then.. Now he's become a bit too "pretty" if you what i mean....

Still take Pacquiao, but the old Pacquiao would beat today's pacquiao IMO...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pernell whitaker couldn't fight forever. age catches up fast to counter punchers.

It catches up to everyone, but Whitaker wasn't a counter fighter either. He was more of a pure boxer. Look at guys like Marquez, Hollyfield, Hopkins, Toney. They are still effective well past their prime. All counter punchers. I mean, all boxers fight for longer than they should, but I think counter punchers are effective longer.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It catches up to everyone, but Whitaker wasn't a counter fighter either. He was more of a pure boxer. Look at guys like Marquez, Hollyfield, Hopkins, Toney. They are still effective well past their prime. All counter punchers. I mean, all boxers fight for longer than they should, but I think counter punchers are effective longer.

it's either counter puncher or a brawler. guys like roy jones and pernell were counter punchers who relied on their speed much like mayweather does. age catches up to those guys usually in their mid 30s. mayweather is right around that area and he's already taken a couple years off.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's either counter puncher or a brawler. guys like roy jones and pernell were counter punchers who relied on their speed much like mayweather does. age catches up to those guys usually in their mid 30s. mayweather is right around that area and he's already taken a couple years off.

There are more styles than just brawler and counter puncher. Guys can obviously change up their styles, but there is always a base. Brawler, counter puncher, swarmer, boxer (out fighter), boxer (puncher)

Whitaker was a boxer. those guys control fights with their jab. They keep a distance. its different than a counter puncher. Obviously they can counter, but style wise it is different. Roy Jones Jr would also fit that category. But he obviously had much more power.

But yeah, age will start to catch up to guys in their mid 30's, hopefully Mayweather and Pacquiao will fight before it totally catches up with them.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think of those categories u listed as more sub-categories

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they waited too fucking long. If the fight were tomorrow and let's say hypothetically Mayweather looks sluggish and slow and Pacquiao is constantly able to connect and either knocks him out or wins decisively, is anyone truly going to say that because of the outcome of that fight, Pacquiao always was the better fighter? Or lets say Pacquiao looks slow and weak with his punches and May stays away and peppers him with shots all night, would anyone say that May was always the better fighter? Idk about you guys, but I would say probably not. If this fight were fought 3-4 years ago, it could have been the best thing in boxing since Ali-Frazier I because both guys were truly in their primes still...not so much anymore...but then again, wtf do I know?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they're both in their prime, but the window is closing. if they fight in may they could have a rematch in like a year and a half after mayweather gets a tune up fight after prison.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they're both in their prime, but the window is closing. if they fight in may they could have a rematch in like a year and a half after mayweather gets a tune up fight after prison.

Mayweather has a 90 day sentence in jail, not in prison. Let's not get TOO EXCITED HERE. you normally only do half time in jail sentences.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather has a 90 day sentence in jail, not in prison. Let's not get TOO EXCITED HERE. you normally only do half time in jail sentences.

but it still disrupts training so he'll essentially miss a fight over it

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it still disrupts training so he'll essentially miss a fight over it

I seriously doubt if county jail will disrupt his training. Have you been to any counties? I remember when Joe Francis was in Reno (Washoe County), he bought the place flat screen t.v.'s, paid off some c.o.'s for special treatment. It became a big thing when some other c.o.'s complained. Remember, we're talking about 45 days. Most county time you only do half.