• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Mayweather vs Maidana

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that his opponent was the one crying. Why the hell does he need his own custom gloves? Just put on the regulation gloves and go out there to fight.

I think Floyd does stuff like that just to get in the head of his opponents. Remember he wanted Manny to do all these blood test and accused him of steroids when they were trying to workout a fight contract several years ago. Floyd will do whatever it takes to get that competitive advantage going into the fight.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that his opponent was the one crying. Why the hell does he need his own custom gloves? Just put on the regulation gloves and go out there to fight.

They were approved gloves, were they not?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ward kind of proved that wrong.

You occasionally see tournaments in boxing, but they are very rare. What I'm talking about is something more constant. If Andre Ward had to fight like that for the rest of his career, I doubt he would finish undefeated, unless the rest of his career is very short.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You occasionally see tournaments in boxing, but they are very rare. What I'm talking about is something more constant. If Andre Ward had to fight like that for the rest of his career, I doubt he would finish undefeated, unless the rest of his career is very short.

But why would they have constant tournaments? An occasional one is fine but I wouldn't want them all the time.

Andre Ward is another pure boxer, that guy had absolutely amazing skill. Every fight he looks like he should get broken in half yet he puts on a boxing clinic. I've been watching him since the olympics, big fan.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were approved gloves, were they not?

If they gave him no advantage then there's no point in anyone complaining about it. The guy probably wanted to look my stylish in the ring and Mayweather said no just to screw with him. Not really a big deal, most of the great boxers in history (Ali, Tyson, etc.) played mind games. Tyson actually admitted that he would attempt to win the fight before the bell rung.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Floyd does stuff like that just to get in the head of his opponents. Remember he wanted Manny to do all these blood test and accused him of steroids when they were trying to workout a fight contract several years ago. Floyd will do whatever it takes to get that competitive advantage going into the fight.

And Manny refused to be tested at first! He later changed his decision, but why refuse Olympic style testing originally, for the biggest fight of his career?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Manny refused to be tested at first! He later changed his decision, but why refuse Olympic style testing originally, for the biggest fight of his career?

Because he was most likely doping, people don't realize just how many people do it and just how easy it is to get away with it for a time.

Based

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ward kind of proved that wrong.
lol. I'm a huge boxing fan and have followed the sport for many years and you can't really compare Ward to this eras fighters. Reason? Ward is the only guy facing the best available fight after fight and winning. Mares, Ward and Hopkins have been the only guys in the past 14 years to go unbeaten in tournaments. Most guys these days are being moved up in their careers like Maywetaher and that's low risk fight after fight because the networks still pays them millions to fight any regular Joe.

If anyone followed Mayweathers career, his record should be at 44-2. He was out hustled by Maidana and dominated by Castillo in 2002. Most judges is boxing are corrupt, mainly the guys who do all the world championship fights.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I'm a huge boxing fan and have followed the sport for many years and you can't really compare Ward to this eras fighters. Reason? Ward is the only guy facing the best available fight after fight and winning. Mares, Ward and Hopkins have been the only guys in the past 14 years to go unbeaten in tournaments. Most guys these days are being moved up in their careers like Maywetaher and that's low risk fight after fight because the networks still pays them millions to fight any regular Joe.

If anyone followed Mayweathers career, his record should be at 44-2. He was out hustled by Maidana and dominated by Castillo in 2002. Most judges is boxing are corrupt, mainly the guys who do all the world championship fights.

Why can't I use him as an example? He said none of then would be undefeated and I gave an example of someone who has done it.

Being out hustled doesn't make you win in a boxing match. Yet again activity does not equal efficiency.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was most likely doping, people don't realize just how many people do it and just how easy it is to get away with it for a time.

Did Floyd request these kind of tests with any other fighters?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Floyd request these kind of tests with any other fighters?

I'm not sure actually. That was part of the speculation about Manny at the time. I'm sure that Floyd thought that even if he wasn't doping, it was get him a bit off his game. I personally do think that Manny has doped in his career but I'm one that is never surprised when I hear athletes are doing this as I witnessed the abuse of these drugs while I was in college.

Based

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't I use him as an example? He said none of then would be undefeated and I gave an example of someone who has done it.

Being out hustled doesn't make you win in a boxing match. Yet again activity does not equal efficiency.
I was being sarcastic. Boxing has become a pussified sport and everyone is ducking and dodging someone. Ward just comes from a different breed compared to these current pampered whimps. Mayweather vs Maidana was a very close fight. I thought Maidana won it by two points. Mayweather was more efficient in landing and boxing, but Maidana landed the better blows and controlled the pace of the fight. He also landed more power punches and Maidanas punching power is by far more effective than Mayweathers. I know you have to score ring generalship and defense, but Aggression and clean punching always take the cake. Maidana won most of the first have of the fight. He won round 8. Round 11 and 12 were swing rounds. Maidana is a decent fighter and shouldn't have even given Mayweather much of a challenge, but Floyd is so damn overrated it's hilarious. The boy got beat up.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. Boxing has become a pussified sport and everyone is ducking and dodging someone. Ward just comes from a different breed compared to these current pampered whimps. Mayweather vs Maidana was a very close fight. I thought Maidana won it by two points. Mayweather was more efficient in landing and boxing, but Maidana landed the better blows and controlled the pace of the fight. He also landed more power punches and Maidanas punching power is by far more effective than Mayweathers. I know you have to score ring generalship and defense, but Aggression and clean punching always take the cake. Maidana won most of the first have of the fight. He won round 8. Round 11 and 12 were swing rounds. Maidana is a decent fighter and shouldn't have even given Mayweather much of a challenge, but Floyd is so damn overrated it's hilarious. The boy got beat up.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the fight. I thought he outclassed Maidana the entire fight, Maidana wanted to turn it into a brawl and Floyd stayed the course.

We can agree though that Ward is a monster. So technically sound.