• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I'm Engaged!

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon bro. shoulda done it on goliath. you got an hour while that thing goes up that big ass hill.

but seriously, congrats

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon bro. shoulda done it on goliath. you got an hour while that thing goes up that big ass hill.

but seriously, congrats

Good call. Goliath is her second favorite ride to X2, also. Viper is the first non-Disney roller coaster that I had ever been on, so I went with the "I want it to be our first ride as an engaged couple" angle. Unfortunately, the ring popped out right as the ride was starting and was underneath our seat before either of us could react. It was gonna happen, regardless. The "what-ifs" have plagued me, but you can't ask for a more memorable day. Thanks for the congrats.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is the big day? Do you have a date yet? (assuming she lets you bring one, of course)

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. I'm going camping with a bunch of buddies on Memorial Day weekend for a friend's bachelor party. I'll probably do something similar, but a ballgame would definitely be fitting, too. Great idea. I'm not much of a Vegas guy, so a Giants' game followed by a weekend and Big Sur could be the ticket.

nice! We're going the week following Memorial Day. The folks in our group is a mixed bag of personalities - from the Vegas types to the outdoors/camping/shooting guns type.

The dead-man-walking *excuse me* groom-to-be is one of those Vegas types so we're going to Miami.

Aside from south beach, we still figuring out what to do the other 3 days. Would have been awesome if the Giants road trip there coincided with ours. I still offered up to head out to catch a game or do some deep sea fishing but finding a bunch of guys agree on anything is proving to be a challenge.

Have any of you been out to Miami? The only time I've been there was when I was a kid and that was for Disneyworld.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is the big day? Do you have a date yet? (assuming she lets you bring one, of course)

She wants to do New Year's Eve 2011/12 because we met New Year's Eve 2008/09. Is your mom gonna be available to accompany me? :bolt:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wants to do New Year's Eve 2011/12 because we met New Year's Eve 2008/09. Is your mom gonna be available to accompany me? :bolt:

I will get you the plot number and you can dig her up, MFer!!!

pause...

:)

(intended to let you know all is good... hard to portray that on the inter-webs)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Of course, my comment was completely tongue-in-cheek, as well. I'm not usually one for mom jokes, in general. My condolences. I'm sure she was a wonderful lady, and I thought your date joke was hilarious.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not ALL she gets...

::grabs crotch::

::grunts::

HELL, KNOWWHATIMSAYIN!!

I'm really happy our engagement could bring out everyone's playfully misogynistic side... more so than normal. :typing:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not ALL she gets...

::grabs crotch::

::grunts::

HELL, KNOWWHATIMSAYIN!!

oh ho! tzill invokes the rite of prima nocta - sheen style :charlie:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Of course, my comment was completely tongue-in-cheek, as well. I'm not usually one for mom jokes, in general. My condolences. I'm sure she was a wonderful lady, and I thought your date joke was hilarious.

OK, now I KNOW you are being condescending...

That joke was a light chuckle, at best...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now I KNOW you are being condescending...

That joke was a light chuckle, at best...

All of my friends just started getting married the last couple of years. I hadn't heard that one yet, and it was punny. (wah... wah... wah) Seriously, I'm gonna steal it for the next friend's engagement.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my friends just started getting married the last couple of years. I hadn't heard that one yet, and it was punny. (wah... wah... wah) Seriously, I'm gonna steal it for the next friend's engagement.

lol, I'm taking it too. A few buddies are getting married in the next two years

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm taking it too. A few buddies are getting married in the next two years

Yeah. Cal isn't giving himself enough credit. By the way, I know nothing about Miami. Gainesville is a lot of fun, though. I realize that doesn't help you at all.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize in advance Heath.

To quote/paraphrase a roadie from Led Zeppelin "let's see if her red snapper likes your red snapper".....

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize in advance Heath.

To quote/paraphrase a roadie from Led Zeppelin "let's see if her red snapper likes your red snapper".....

:). No worries in that department.

Hopefully, the Sharks can give us an engagement present tonight (The fiance likes watching hockey more than baseball). They've looked really good. I've thought about throwing in my 2 cents over at the Sharks board, but I figure this time of year, you guys get enough "bandwagon jumpers" that don't know what the hell they're talking about. I've been watching the Canadian feeds of the games, though, so I think I'm actually starting to get it. Maybe I'll understand the nuances by the Finals.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:). No worries in that department.

Hopefully, the Sharks can give us an engagement present tonight (The fiance likes watching hockey more than baseball). They've looked really good. I've thought about throwing in my 2 cents over at the Sharks board, but I figure this time of year, you guys get enough "bandwagon jumpers" that don't know what the hell they're talking about. I've been watching the Canadian feeds of the games, though, so I think I'm actually starting to get it. Maybe I'll understand the nuances by the Finals.

Good. So you guys both like fish. ;)

The more the merrier man. You're more than welcome. There are a lot of pantshatters over there, but they mean well. With hockey, you have to watch a ton or you have to play to start getting the hang of it. It's a tougher sport to learn the little subtleties, but it's still fun to watch once you understand what it is they're trying to do. I just hope the Sharks can actually get IN the Finals for once!