• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My week has sucked actually, my dog hurt her leg so I took her to the vet and got some muscle relaxers. I gave them to her for 3 days and she started to vomit them up. So I stopped and her leg started to get better but she stopped eating and the tip of her tongue turned black. So I took her back to the vet and they have no clue what is wrong with her. She weighed 45 lbs on friday and is down to 40 right now.

that sucks dude! sorry to hear that, and I hope they find out something

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
She is 3 right now, and no they have no idea what her issue is. They told me to try wet dog food and she ate a little, but not nearly enough. The black tongue thing has them baffled so bad that they didnt even charge me for the visit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is 3 right now, and no they have no idea what her issue is. They told me to try wet dog food and she ate a little, but not nearly enough. The black tongue thing has them baffled so bad that they didnt even charge me for the visit.

If she was older, i would be concerned about canine diabetes and circulation issues, with the sore leg and blackened tongue, but not at that age....but man I am hoping the best for her.....:(

When one of mine was sick and wouldn't eat, they had me bake a chicken breast plain and feed it to her, and she did and got better, FWIW...

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is what I have been doing to squash my boredom

vNES

Old school nintendo games

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have been doing to squash my boredom

vNES

Old school nintendo games

AWESOME!!!

I still have NESticle on my computer somewhere and roll out the Castlevania now and then, ha ha!!

I am heading to be guys, can't be too out of it for this whole "just coffee" thing tomorrow. She is already concerned about my stress....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now go to Rob Dibble for the latest regarding the Nats phenom:

"I'm not a doctor, and I haven't read the MRI yet, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna come back fine," Dibble said as the "First Pitch" discussion began. "And for me, if you can throw the next day, then you probably could have continued out there on the baseball field. So are they a little bit overcautious at this point? Maybe. But he's a $15 million investment. I absolutely can't blame them for taking him out.

"But here's the thing. If this was happening to this kid in college and you knew that, then you also knew that he can pitch through this stuff. So a little bit is, ok, let's see this kid pitch through it.

"I also look at this from the player's standpoint, that this is your job. This is what you do. You're never going to be 100 percent healthy, feel perfect. So you have to take accountability that you're gonna throw sometimes, your arm's gonna hurt. You're gonna be out there on the mound sometimes, the mound is gonna be terrible and the dirt is gonna be a little loose and it might not be so great. You can't constantly be complaining over every little thing.

"So for me, a little bit has to be put back on Strasbug here. Ok, you throw a pitch, it bothers your arm, and you immediately call out the manager and the trainer? Suck it up, kid. This is your profession. You chose to be a baseball player. You can't have the cavalry come in and save your butt every time you feel a little stiff shoulder, sore elbow.

"I mean, excuse me. There's guys I played with that had screws holding their elbows together. Chris Sabo played two weeks on a broken ankle. I put a steel plate in my wrist so I could be back in five weeks instead of three months. So, this is your choice. You can either suck it up and be a man at 22 making $2 million a year [with] a $15 million contract, or every time you get an ache and pain you can go out of the game and say I'm gonna let down the other 24 guys right here and possibly end up forfeiting the game."

This was before the Nats said anything official about Strasburg's follow-up MRI, or about putting him on the disabled list. This was also before they clarified Mike Rizzo's initial comments, which had incorrectly indicated that Strasburg threw on Sunday morning. And Dibble attributed part of the problem to the malady of the pampered and entitled "modern-day player." Still, Rob Dibble would clearly like Stephen Strasburg to fight through whatever arm pain he's experiencing.

"What Mike Rizzo and Jim Riggleman do, that's totally different," Dibble said. "They have to think of the long-term ramifications of what they're doing right now with this kid's career. As far as this kid? Stop crying, go out there and pitch. Period.

"There's so many [other] guys....Josh Willingham, who is gonna have surgery on his left knee, was playing with torn cartilage in his knee, could barely run around the bases. This is the simple answer to this, you need to know the difference between pain and injury. When I was 12, my arm hurt. When I was in my teens and I would throw and walk off the mound when I was a starter, my arm would throb. I couldn't even hold a glass of water. And you know what? I loved it.

"I was so sick, I loved it, 'cause I felt 'ok, I'm throwing hard enough to make my arm shake when I'm just standing there.' So I was a totally different animal than I think has been created here with Strasburg, where now you're telling this kid as soon as you feel any arm pain, call us and we'll come help you. Please.

"This is the major leagues. This is not college any more. You're not on scholarship. You're being paid to do the job and guys depend on you, and I think it's unfortunate that the Nationals and the team are in a situation here where this kid now, he feels any kind of arm pain, he's gonna call you out? That's scary to me."

And like I said, the discussion ended with Dibble lamenting the nature of the modern player.

"You give these guys $15 million bucks, please," he said. "Get your butt out there and play every fifth day."

Nice call, Rob

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know tommy john surgery is like hitting a reset button for some pitchers and gives them new-found arm strength but Strasburg really hasnt even started his first career, so to speak ... this is a real damn shame ... He looked like he could have been a machine ... i hope he makes a full recovery

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the road to the beach. Don't be jealous. Will build a sand castle shaped like the REC Center and dream of October.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now go to Rob Dibble for the latest regarding the Nats phenom:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>
I'm bored, ok? But not that bored to read all that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.