• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r2vsx3.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's quiet 'cause they want to see me hit 5,000 posts in this thread. :burt:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadline to file taxes for Canadian residents is midnight tonight...

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers left fielder Delmon Young will be suspended by Major League Baseball for his part in an altercation at the New York Hilton on Friday morning, according to a report.

The New York Post attributed the information in its report to two sources. The report did not indicate a length of the suspension.

Young, 26, was to have an alcohol and anger management meeting Monday with an independent evaluator appointed jointly by the commissioner's office and the MLB Players Association. Young is not in the Tigers' lineup for their Monday night game against Kansas City at Comerica Park.

He is facing a misdemeanor aggravated harassment charge for the incident in which he allegedly made anti-Semitic comments to a panhandler. The incident is being investigated by the New York Police Department's hate-crime task force.

"I do not know what happened there," Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said on Saturday, while the Tigers were still in New York. "If the allegations are true, that is concerning and not something you'd like to see happen.

"I do know he was in a skirmish. I do know that. Beyond that, I don't know anything else."

When Dombrowski got to Young's hotel room after being notified via a phone call between 3:30 and 4 a.m., police were there.

As for Young's condition at the time, Dombrowski said he was a person "that was not in a very good state as far as his sobriety."

Young was arraigned Friday after being taken to, and released from, Roosevelt Hospital in New York for alleged intoxication. Young posted a $5,000 bond and was released before the Tigers at Yankees game on Friday night.

He was subsequently placed on the restricted list. However, while on MLB's restricted list, he's being paid.

Young's salary for the year is $6.725 million — or about $37,000 for each day of the major-league season.

Young's next court date is May 29.

From The Detroit News: Report: Tigers' Delmon Young will be suspended by MLB | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

In other Tigers related news, new Oakland A third baseman Brandon Inge (wow, that was weird to say) will be in the lineup tonight in their game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmon needs some time at Rageaholics Anonymous...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.