• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just throw it out there, but sometimes it's cheaper for Americans to go to Canadian universities for their post-secondary studies. I have a niece down in Washington State that is seriously looking to attend UBC in Vancouver.

now that SFU is NCAA div 2 they have an american starting QB ... they actually throw the ball now ... lol

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just throw it out there, but sometimes it's cheaper for Americans to go to Canadian universities for their post-secondary studies. I have a niece down in Washington State that is seriously looking to attend UBC in Vancouver.

University of Toronto Missisaugua (or whatever, I spelled it like Grapes pronounces it) is another one she is thinking of.

The list is currently:
Cornell
Purdue
Ohio State
Michigan State
Miami (OH)
Northwestern
Toronto

She might do undergrad at OSU or Miami and then try to move into one of the others for post-grad. In-state tuition is a major difference.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Financial aid probably won't apply - damn me and my middle-classness.

And she has frighteningly high test scores (1350ish SAT when she was 12), but a merit scholarship to an Ivy? I don't know if she's that good.

Probably too late to teach her to be really good at rowing or hockey.

You would be surprised. A lot of the time, if an Ivy League school wants someone, they'll make sure money isn't a concern. If she gets in, you likely won't have all that much to worry about money wise.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww.... Too bad.

List of Cornell University alumni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In athletics, Cornell graduates include football legend Glenn "Pop" Warner (1894),[55] former head coach of the United States men's national soccer team Bruce Arena ('73),[56] National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman ('74),[57] six-time Stanley Cup winning hockey goalie Ken Dryden ('69)[58] and Toronto Raptors president Bryan Colangelo ('87).[59] Alumni also include Super Bowl champions Kevin Boothe and Ed Marinaro ('71).[60]

Sorry, honey. You cannot go to Cornell. It will make you a twitchy retard.

Seriously, though. The rest of the list is friggin amazing. Bill Nye the Science guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University of Toronto Missisaugua (or whatever, I spelled it like Grapes pronounces it) is another one she is thinking of.

The list is currently:
Cornell
Purdue
Ohio State
Michigan State
Miami (OH)
Northwestern
Toronto

She might do undergrad at OSU or Miami and then try to move into one of the others for post-grad. In-state tuition is a major difference.

I heard really, really, really, really smart, beautiful women go and get their degrees from there... :whistle:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it'll probably be like bowling alleys. you can drink, but not WHILE you are bowling.
take your turn, step behind the line, chug a beer, and take your turn again.

so it'll be fine.

Hey Jim, nice strike on lane 10. Too bad we're bowling on lane 9.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard really, really, really, really smart, beautiful women go and get their degrees from there... :whistle:

msu_cleavage.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another quiz successfully written! :nerd:

I think this one will have at least a slightly higher average than the last one (under 50%).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I was good artist, I'd draw a picture called "Political Party" and it would be a bunch of presidents at a house party (White House). FDR would be doing a keg stand with his empty wheel chair next to the keg while Thomas Jefferson and George Washington hold him up, Abe Lincoln would be strolling in through the front door with a keg slung over his shoulder, Teddy would be double fisting while JFK sips on bootleg alcohol and John Adams yacks into a house plant. It would be pretty great.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I was good artist, I'd draw a picture called "Political Party" and it would be a bunch of presidents at a house party (White House). FDR would be doing a keg stand with his empty wheel chair next to the keg while Thomas Jefferson and George Washington hold him up, Abe Lincoln would be strolling in through the front door with a keg slung over his shoulder, Teddy would be double fisting while JFK sips on bootleg alcohol and John Adams yacks into a house plant. It would be pretty great.

I do a little sketching. That's pretty involved, though. Give me about a year, and I'll see what I can come up with. :thumb:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck me, no matter how many times I get a "gas attack", I always feels like this...

[youtube]stdi-1tIUhM[/youtube]

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, damn it, damn it.

I was busy at work today at 10am when Nats' playoff tickets went on sale. Now I'm going to have to pay through the nose. Fucking scalpers. I hate fucking "professional" scalpers. Absolute pieces of shit that do NOTHING for sport or the teams.

Nothing available now except "party suites" that cost $325 a pop. I can see like 10 Caps' games for that much.

But I still might do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.