• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
attachment.php

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's Super Colon Blow :lol:

RIP Phil Hartman, you funny funny man...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Textbooks are a pointless and corrupt business. I'm pretty sure that the world just hates college students. They think that we can just take on oodles and oodles of debt, then become the people who will take care of them when they're old, infirm, and living for a million years. Well world, no we won't be able to, because we're all still working at TGI Friday's in addition to our other job trying to pay off our student loans that you saddled us with, including some nice interest rates which are accruing while I'm still in school. But yeah, why not give me this bullcrap line "You have to take a foreign language to be well rounded", forcing me to take a pointless class (don't get me wrong I like German, but it's pointless to me), waste my educational hours, and on top of it charge $300 for a BOOK that has no difference from the last edition besides page numbers, but I have to buy it at the regular price because there's a workbook and a special "online code" which I'll never use. /rant

School sucks sometimes.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
School does suck. I should go back. Luckily I worked full time while going to school full time and didn't have to take out any loans. But my GPA sufferend due to it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
School does suck. I should go back. Luckily I worked full time while going to school full time and didn't have to take out any loans. But my GPA sufferend due to it.

Maybe you should take just one more class... :p

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish I could honestly. Part of my problem was I made the decision to get experience this summer...which has equated to no money. With my major it is physically impossible to hold a job (outside of an on campus 8 hour a week type thing). I'm ready to yell at my profs though...my rotation this fall is at a HS 30 minutes away. I can't hold a job during that time at all, not sure how they think I can afford an hour drive every day. I won't count myself blameless in the decision, I chose an expensive school. If I went to a state school I probably would've come out with minimal damage. Money is just stupid. That's my final assessment. :P

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know plenty. They're just not as boisterous and annoying as UM fans. Hope my roommate doesn't read this. Hah. It's sort of odd too...like Cubs/Sox fans. People are Cubs fans, even in the South Side, just because it's trendy, regardless of the fact that the Sox have had substantially more success recently.

:amen:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I commuted to school so that I could work as well, combined with scholarships the only thing I had to pay for were books, tolls and parking (still a lot of money for those 3). I'm about a dozen credits shy of a second degree but I just can't motivate myself to go back now that I've been working full tmie for 2+ years.

Part of me wishes I had gone to a big time school with D-1 sports and a large campus, but when I hear my friends talk about how long it will take to pay off their loans I'm thankful I chose the route I did.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commuted to school so that I could work as well, combined with scholarships the only thing I had to pay for were books, tolls and parking (still a lot of money for those 3). I'm about a dozen credits shy of a second degree but I just can't motivate myself to go back now that I've been working full tmie for 2+ years.

Part of me wishes I had gone to a big time school with D-1 sports and a large campus, but when I hear my friends talk about how long it will take to pay off their loans I'm thankful I chose the route I did.

I guess in essence I'm paying for the college experience. That said, I'm getting a better education in my major here than I would at a big school. I dunno. It's just a weird vicious cycle that the US is in with education. There's a big issue, and it probably won't get better. Everyone thinks they have to go to college, and at this point you do. People look at HS diploma's like toilet paper. A bachelor's is now the equivalent to what a HS diploma was, and a master's is now the bachelor's. It's no longer about being a more educated person, it's job training. Which is fine, but then you can't force students to take pointless classes and just say it's making us well rounded. It's not. It's wasting our time. But, they make money, so what do they care. I suppose I'm just very disillusioned with my school right now. Hahah. I wrote a letter about the Colts situation and I didn't like their response.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for RESPs, hopefully my two daughters will be able to attend university without having to go too much into debt.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how prevalent is staying at home for college/university in the states ... and by staying at home I dont mean ... staying "close" to home ... I mean living at home with mom and pops ... i think i know the answer lol

Ill admit ... I did it ... what is this tuition debt you all speak of ??? ... I didnt let basement living cramp my style ... so I was a mammone ... nothing beat freshly ironed boxer briefs (i said pardon???)

/today ... Im lucky if my wife balls up my undies and manages to toss them into the correct dresser drawer (dont tell my wife - lol)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how prevalent is staying at home for college/university in the states ... and by staying at home I dont mean ... staying "close" to home ... I mean living at home with mom and pops ... i think i know the answer lol

Ill admit ... I did it ... what is this tuition debt you all speak of ??? ... I didnt let basement living cramp my style ... so I was a mammone ... nothing beat freshly ironed boxer briefs (i said pardon???)

/today ... Im lucky if my wife balls up my undies and manages to toss them into the correct dresser drawer (dont tell my wife - lol)

:lol: - I did my first two years of college living at home and then I transferred to the University of Calgary for my last two years to earn my degree. I'm just glad I had that option (it saved me a bundle).

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should take just one more class... :p

lol

I wish I could honestly. Part of my problem was I made the decision to get experience this summer...which has equated to no money. With my major it is physically impossible to hold a job (outside of an on campus 8 hour a week type thing). I'm ready to yell at my profs though...my rotation this fall is at a HS 30 minutes away. I can't hold a job during that time at all, not sure how they think I can afford an hour drive every day. I won't count myself blameless in the decision, I chose an expensive school. If I went to a state school I probably would've come out with minimal damage. Money is just stupid. That's my final assessment. :P

Money does suck. But it is awesome as well.

Yep.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 years ago, I was basically BobbyLou

"MAAAAAAAAAAAA ... meatloaf!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
:lol: - I did my first two years of college living at home and then I transferred to the University of Calgary for my last two years to earn my degree. I'm just glad I had that option (it saved me a bundle).

yup. same thing. two years at a cheaper junior college (living at home), then tsf'ed those credits to a university for the last 3 years. moved out into a shit-hole with a roommate for the last 2 years of it.
minor scholarships, but worked full time throughout to pay for tuition & rent.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's fairly popular. This is my first year the Univ. allowed me to live off campus, and that alone is saving a ton of money. I would've been fine doing it, but I know being here has made me a much better person. College made me come out of my shell, that's for darn certain.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like my debt, nor do I like only having $67 in my combined checking and savings accounts right now because of the cost of moving, the cable company charging me over $100 for installing service, then transferring it to another name, and over $500 in university fees, but I wouldn't trade my college education for anything else, and I wouldn't change my decision to go to graduate school, either.

Also, there are alternatives to college, like trade school (most trades are hiring quite a bit right now, too, due to the number of kids picking college-based career paths) and associate degrees. There's just some stupid stigma surrounding those, and kids (more often their parents, really) don't want them taking those paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.