• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the reason 10 bucks really improves anyones mood

I don't know. This one chick I hooked up with got really upset with me when I put some money on the dresser for her. She said I "demeaned" her.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ok. I guess we can talk about it later. And maybe you could ask how I'm doing or something, as if you cared. :sniff:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ok. I guess we can talk about it later. And maybe you could ask how I'm doing or something, as if you cared. :sniff:

Speaking of asking you things, how was that televised derby thingamajigger?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of asking you things, how was that televised derby thingamajigger?

It was super...until halftime. We had a one point lead at halftime (which is nothing cause you can score anywhere from 0 - 30 points in a single two minute shift). And then the second half started aaaaaaaaand..... we got demolished. The final score was 200 something to 80 or 90 something I think.

Looks like the altitude in Denver was a HUGE setback for my team because they looked like they could barely move in the second half. We're gonna take a huge hit in the rankings now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was super...until halftime. We had a one point lead at halftime (which is nothing cause you can score anywhere from 0 - 30 points in a single two minute shift). And then the second half started aaaaaaaaand..... we got demolished. The final score was 200 something to 80 or 90 something I think.

Looks like the altitude in Denver was a HUGE setback for my team because they looked like they could barely move in the second half. We're gonna take a huge hit in the rankings now.

I learned about the effects of altitude while climbing a mountain over spring break.

I was exhausted only 1000 feet into the climb because we had started around 8000 feet. The view from the peak around 11,000 was worth it, though.

Had I started at sea level and finished at 3000, I might have gotten up without a break.

So yeah, if you're used to playing around sea level, that probably did take a big toll on you guys.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does your team tour across the West coast?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your team tour across the West coast?

Don't know why you attributed that to Ritari, but yes. We have an "all-star" travel team that goes to cities across the US and also hosts other cities in our home venue. I was always on it but I missed try outs this year because I came back too late. They might have a mid-season try-out though. Fingers crossed.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another paper to write. Due in the morning. I really don't feel like doing it. It's kind of about Science, DS!

Remember when I was writing a paper last week and I was quoting Jon Bon Jovi lyrics and bullshitting to get to over 4 pages? Got a 95 %

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another paper to write. Due in the morning. I really don't feel like doing it. It's kind of about Science, DS!

Remember when I was writing a paper last week and I was quoting Jon Bon Jovi lyrics and bullshitting to get to over 4 pages? Got a 95 %

:high5:

For both the 95 and the science.

Now you have to tell me the topic. It's a must.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:high5:

For both the 95 and the science.

Now you have to tell me the topic. It's a must.

Well it's for my US Women's History class. We had to find an article in a historical journal related to US women or a US woman in the 17th - 19th century and then find an article in a modern paper that we could somehow tie together.

I found an article about a woman who was named the president of MIT in 2005 and people were shocked about that. And I'm going to compare it against an article about Jane Colden who was a botanist in the 18th century who had to overcome some cultural issues because the science world didn't really care for women getting involved in their shit back then.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmy Noether is another excellent woman to reference. If not for her truly brilliant work, the conservation of energy would be without mathematical backing, and probably not exist beyond empirical findings. Physics would be way behind where it is today.

I've gone through her model for the conservation of energy and momentum, albeit in little detail, and the way she thought was truly remarkable.

Emmy Noether - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not just one of the most important women in mathematics, but one of the most important people in all of the physical sciences.

:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.