• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who does everybody want from the Mets lineup? Looks like we will be sellers.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't see the Nats getting anyone. Everyone in our lineup/staff is either set or still developing. This is going to be a GREAT team for the next 5-6 years if they can keep them all together.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How attached are you to RA Dickey? ;) I keed, I keed. Ummm...David Wright? No? Ike Davis is probably the only other player I'd consider honestly. Pirates need another bat to help insulate Cutch, but probably need it in the OF. Our OF D is terrible.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coors, so bombs happen. But still, this is with the humidor. Every time Cutch kills a ball I look to his height and weight. Crazy.

Were you/are you there? The altitude is crazy out there. I hit a drive generally 260-285 yards. Out there, I hit the ball over the green on a 340-yard hole. SO much fun.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. I'm putting my ankle in and out of an ice bucket and just trying to keep it elevated. I'll guess, but I can't host tonight.

How far separated are you from injury? I like slush buckets a lot, but having it down low doesn't help swelling as much as it should. Do some ABC's in that bucket if you're a day or so out. Helps get ROM back quickly.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you/are you there? The altitude is crazy out there. I hit a drive generally 260-285 yards. Out there, I hit the ball over the green on a 340-yard hole. SO much fun.

Nah, I is poor. I'm home in the Burgh for the week. I would love to see where that ball would've gone if it hadn't been humidor'd. :shocked:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far separated are you from injury? I like slush buckets a lot, but having it down low doesn't help swelling as much as it should. Do some ABC's in that bucket if you're a day or so out. Helps get ROM back quickly.

I hurt it late on Saturday. I've been keeping it up as much as possible, but I had to work today and when I got home it was pretty swollen. It's a fairly mild sprain I'd say - some swelling, a little coloration, but little pain and can use it (though I shouldn't I know). I have a slush bucket next to me right now so i'm popping it in as long as I can stand and then elevating it... repeat.

Thanks, Pix.

If it's mild, should I still wear an aircast (i have one, and crutches, I've done this many times before) or is wrapping it alone okay? If I have to work, should I be on crutches, or is just keeping it elevated enough? Thankfully working from home tomorrow.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hurt it late on Saturday. I've been keeping it up as much as possible, but I had to work today and when I got home it was pretty swollen. It's a fairly mild sprain I'd say - some swelling, a little coloration, but little pain and can use it (though I shouldn't I know). I have a slush bucket next to me right now so i'm popping it in as long as I can stand and then elevating it... repeat.

Thanks, Pix.

If it's mild, should I still wear an aircast (i have one, and crutches, I've done this many times before) or is wrapping it alone okay? If I have to work, should I be on crutches, or is just keeping it elevated enough? Thankfully working from home tomorrow.

Try keeping your foot in the bucket a bit longer, I know it sucks even more than usual icing...esp on the toes. Typically we tell guys to get about 8 minutes in. And like I said, do some ABCs/ankle pumps(just up and down) in the bucket at out of it. Wrapping it should be good, and crutches? If your gait isn't messed up, then it's fine without. Do some balance stuff, if you have a band do some strengthening and you'll be fine.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm going to the tigers game tomorrow. sure hope they don't get blown out 13-0 again

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try keeping your foot in the bucket a bit longer, I know it sucks even more than usual icing...esp on the toes. Typically we tell guys to get about 8 minutes in. And like I said, do some ABCs/ankle pumps(just up and down) in the bucket at out of it. Wrapping it should be good, and crutches? If your gait isn't messed up, then it's fine without. Do some balance stuff, if you have a band do some strengthening and you'll be fine.

Sweet, thanks. Forgot about the ABCs, doing that now. Yeah, I'm doing about 6-10 minutes depending. The swelling has come down a ton in just a couple hours. Love the slush!!

I just gave you a very appropriate rep.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Rasmus got his world series ring this morning ... why didnt LaRussa just fedex it?

Barry Davis ‏@SNBarryDavis
So as it turns out LaRussa came to Jays clubhouse, dropped off the ring, and has now left. No personal presentation. #bluejays

Status
Not open for further replies.