• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:
Man sets his house ablaze while killing spiders with a blowtorch

Chico Enterprise-Record says: "Eiliya Maida used a propane blowtorch to clear cobwebs in the backyard ... before dry plants ignited and started an attic fire, said George Basbous, Maida's brother-in-law. While Maida went into the front yard unaware, Basbous noticed smoke rising from the top of the house. 'And that's when I went crazy,' Basbous said."

Eric says: I really can't blame the guy. In my neighborhood, we've been up all night fighting spiders with roman candles and M-80s.
:tsk:

Eric Millikin: Man sets his house ablaze while killing spiders with a blowtorch | Blog: Eric Millikin | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I once gassed a spider. I put it in a bucket, took it outside, and mixed bleach and ammonia. I found out the next day in chemistry class that the mixture resulted in some toxic gas, I was to say mustard gas, and was illegal.

The spider lived, of course.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I once gassed a spider. I put it in a bucket, took it outside, and mixed bleach and ammonia. I found out the next day in chemistry class that the mixture resulted in some toxic gas, I was to say mustard gas, and was illegal.

The spider lived, of course.

Wait until that spider bites you and you develop super powers...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of killing arachnids and insects , couple of years ago while I was working at golf course there was a hornets nest down at the driving range. Members were getting stung and it was becoming a problem. Since it was a Sunday the grounds crew had the day off and we had to deal with the situation.

One member suggested holding a fire about a foot from the nest, said it was guaranteed to work. So once the range closed and it started getting dark, we took a ball retriever, lit a golf towel on fire at the end of it, stirred up the nest, and held the flame about a foot away from the entrance. For the next 5 minutes thousands of hornets flew directly into the flame kamikaze style, paying absolutely no attention to us. Once everything died down and we realized they were all dead there was a pile about a foot and a half high of dead wasps. In a really deranged way it was lots of fun.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of killing arachnids and insects , couple of years ago while I was working at golf course there was a hornets nest down at the driving range. Members were getting stung and it was becoming a problem. Since it was a Sunday the grounds crew had the day off and we had to deal with the situation.

One member suggested holding a fire about a foot from the nest, said it was guaranteed to work. So once the range closed and it started getting dark, we took a ball retriever, lit a golf towel on fire at the end of it, stirred up the nest, and held the flame about a foot away from the entrance. For the next 5 minutes thousands of hornets flew directly into the flame kamikaze style, paying absolutely no attention to us. Once everything died down and we realized they were all dead there was a pile about a foot and a half high of dead wasps. In a really deranged way it was lots of fun.

And people think golf players don't take risks. Phoowey!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I worked on a golf course grounds crew for six years and I can attest to the fire trick working on multiple occassions. You just have to be careful in a wooded area you don't start a forest fire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until that spider bites you and you develop super powers...

I'm holding out hope that this leg infection is actually the painful transformation brought on by gaining super powers. :thumb:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm working out in any way, my phone is not with me. I have budgeted that time to improve my physical condition, and that is precisely what I'm going to do.

The only time I'll have it during some activity is weekend softball, because I'm the contact person, and sometimes folks come late and need directions to the field. But softball-related communications are the only ones I'll take even then.

Or beer-related. Beer-related is good, too.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only use my phone for emergencies or extremely important things (beer would qualify) as I have a pay as you go plan.

I just find it a bit preposterous that someone can be terminated for something as trivial as a dirty look. If this becomes precedent, there could be a ton of firings happening....lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding out hope that this leg infection is actually the painful transformation brought on by gaining super powers. :thumb:

Two questions...

(1) What super power are you choosing?

(2) In the meantime, can we just call you Darkleg instead? ;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions...

(1) What super power are you choosing?

(2) In the meantime, can we just call you Darkleg instead? ;)

Haha, I already have super intelligence, so not that... :rolleyes:

But does any superhero truly choose his or her powers? I will save the world with what I'm given, eloco!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does any superhero truly choose his or her powers? I will save the world with what I'm given, eloco!

What a great attitude! :thumb: You can tell already that The Grene Legturn is not going to be a super villian. Then again, he does work in a science lab, which seems to be the birthplace of many a super villian.

Maybe he could be both... plotting to destory the arena in Glendale, thus saving the public millions of dollars!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great attitude! :thumb: You can tell already that The Grene Legturn is not going to be a super villian. Then again, he does work in a science lab, which seems to be the birthplace of many a super villian.

Maybe he could be both... plotting to destory the arena in Glendale, thus saving the public millions of dollars!

There are quite a few scientist super heroes out there. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.