• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slid into home playing softball on Sunday, and now not only do I have no skin on my leg, but it's swelling up and I have what feels oddly like muscle pain. Pix!!!

I would recommend finding the closest economist, sociologist, or anthropologist you can and have them take a look at it. ;)

However, Pix might recommend seeing a doctor. I think swelling and pain are fairly common when you scrape the shit out of your leg.

Greek guy recommends just spraying some Windex on it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would recommend finding the closest economist, sociologist, or anthropologist you can and have them take a look at it. ;)

However, Pix might recommend seeing a doctor. I think swelling and pain are fairly common when you scrape the shit out of your leg.

Greek guy recommends just spraying some Windex on it.

Haha, it's never swelled up this much. It's huge. It's also never hurt so much that I couldn't sleep at night, nor has it ever been this difficult to walk on it after a brush burn.

I fear it may be infected.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you picked up a touch of anthrax from the dirt

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, it's never swelled up this much. It's huge. It's also never hurt so much that I couldn't sleep at night, nor has it ever been this difficult to walk on it after a brush burn.

I fear it may be infected.

Now I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internet. I'd say this is a pretty good guess.

Gee thee to a doctor. Or get thee to a nunnery so they can bless it away. Or at least spray some Windex on it!!! ;)

Hope ya get better soon, D'stone. You're team needs your OPS in the lineup!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you picked up a touch of anthrax from the dirt

Honestly, in the neighborhood where I play, it wouldn't surprise me...

Now I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the Internet. I'd say this is a pretty good guess.

Gee thee to a doctor. Or get thee to a nunnery so they can bless it away. Or at least spray some Windex on it!!! ;)

Hope ya get better soon, D'stone. You're team needs your OPS in the lineup!

Thanks, eloco. :yo: I'll get to one as soon as I can. I'll let you figure out which one is the one I'll get to. ;)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it appears Gretzky is using his svengali like influence on athletes of all sports to try and get them to sign for certain teams ... free agent hitman for management!!!

worked with Schultz , I guess? :noidea:

not so much with Steve Nash ... although Gretzky got Steve Nash to cry

SUNDAY, JULY 1

Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo was the first caller to get through shortly after 12:01 a.m. Officials from the Knicks, Heat, Lakers, Mavericks and Nets dialed in soon thereafter. And with his client sitting so close after their late-night meal, Duffy offered each team that rang an opportunity to speak directly to Nash.

It didn't seem like much at the time, but that's when Nash and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak had their first chat. Kupchak let Duffy know that he was well aware of Nash's comments to Stephen A. Smith on ESPN New York 98.7 just days before about how "hard" it would be "to put on a Lakers jersey" after all of the Suns' playoffs battles with Kobe Bryant & Co. When Kupchak explained that he "had to call anyway," Duffy thanked him and assured him that he was wise to check in, dismissing Nash's quotes as "media hype."

Yet that's as far as things went with the Lakers on Day 1. Face-to-face meetings were quickly arranged with the two most obvious serious suitors to get the Nash sweepstakes officially under way: Toronto and New York.

The Raptors were first up at 10:30 a.m., with a seven-strong contingent of team officials arriving on a cross-country flight arranged by Raptors co-owner Larry Tanenbaum. With Raptors assistant coach Eric Hughes getting married that weekend in Pasadena, Calif., Tanenbaum made his private jet available to transport Colangelo, Raptors coach Dwane Casey, Nash's former Team Canada coach Jay Triano and the rest of the group to the other side of the country as quickly as possible overnight.

Tanenbaum also provided his ritzy Central Park apartment to serve as the venue for what Duffy described as a "big presentation." The food was lavish and the contract offer rich, but the video compilation Colangelo ordered up for the occasion made an impression on Nash that moved him more than a three-year, $36 million pitch ever could -- largely because Wayne Gretzky was the narrator.

Rumbles that Gretzky, one of Nash's boyhood heroes, would be involved in the Raptors' Nash pitch leaked out through the Toronto media before the two parties got together, but "involved" was understating it. The Great One's unmistakable voice was the backdrop for a compilation of clips and interviews that traced Nash's lifelong journey from young basketball dreamer on faraway Victoria in British Columbia to two-time MVP with the Suns, hitting all the stops (Santa Clara, Canada's fairy-tale run at the 2000 Olympics and more) in between and promising a Gretzky-esque legacy if he'd join the Raptors now.

More than one person in the room would later say that Nash was fighting back tears watching it all.

"We all were," Duffy said. "It was like watching a Hall of Fame video.

"They wanted us to close the deal right then."

i commend the raptors for trying!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry DS, sounds like infection to me. Strawberries are known to get that way pretty quick. Clean it out, put some ice on it to get the swelling down, cover it when you sleep...that's a good start. If it stays swollen for too much longer though, may want to get it looked at.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry DS, sounds like infection to me. Strawberries are known to get that way pretty quick. Clean it out, put some ice on it to get the swelling down, cover it when you sleep...that's a good start. If it stays swollen for too much longer though, may want to get it looked at.

I've dabbed peroxide on it three times, and then after the third, kind of just dumped some on it. I bit some leather while I did that last one to keep myself from bothering my neighbors. ;)

I've been icing it on and off, too. Perhaps I should go get some gauze or something for when I sleep tonight. In any case, icing it and cleaning out seem to have gotten both the swelling and the pain down gradually throughout the day, too.

Thanks for the tips. :thumb:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
watching the 2007 WHJC Gold medal game makes me kind of miss Cody Hodgson.
oh well, Kassian had better be good

it does not, however, make me miss that Blur "Woohoo" song

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince is putting on some kind of show in the Home Run Derby tonight.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Prince is putting on some kind of show in the Home Run Derby tonight.

I watched for a little bit, but was too overwhelmed by
1 - back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, etc.
2 - Jon Kruk swallowing ribs whole while Nomar and George Brett were tryign to have a conversation around him. Kruk was acting like he was getting paid in ribs, and trying to max out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bed time is an hour away, so I have wrapped my leg in gauze. I hope tonight goes better than last night in terms of pain...

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB, about HR Derby:

Detroit vs Toronto, and Detroit puts 12 on the board. Nice of the HR Derby to provide a Winter Classic preview.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Gray ‏@si_vault
Brent Hughes gets checked from behind by Dave Schultz during a 1975 Flyers-Scouts game:

AxdhNY7CIAA5mrI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.