• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much taxpayer money was wasted on something Congress shouldn't even be involved in?

Not many things piss me off, but this does.

(1) Monopolies have to have oversight. That's Congress' job. Baseball is a monopoly.

(2) Whether it was about baseball or NASA or military decisions or whatever... you don't lie to Congress. :nono: That can't be ignored.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Monopolies have to have oversight. That's Congress' job. Baseball is a monopoly.

(2) Whether it was about baseball or NASA or military decisions or whatever... you don't lie to Congress. :nono: That can't be ignored.

Well Congress did a great job. Roger Clemens walked away scott free.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco...you need to hurry up with your damn law degree and start puttin' some serious assholes behind bars.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Congress did a great job. Roger Clemens walked away scott free.

You can't control what a jury does and having been on a jury and studied them, it's insane what happens in those rooms. I served on one almost a decade ago on a possession of stolen property case. When arrested, the defendant ran from the cops before they caught him. The judge specifically instructed us we could not consider that in our deliberations. Go in the room to decide our verdict (not 2 minutes after the judge's instructions) and the FIRST FUCKING THING one woman says is "Obviously he's guilty, he ran from the police." :L

I don't understand the Clemens' decision except that...
-Pettitte suddenly changed his story/lied - that really hurt b/c he's the most neutral party in all this
-Juries don't give circumstantial evidence enough weight and typically give reasonable doubt too much weight

And I have my law degree and my license, birdie.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't control what a jury does and having been on a jury and studied them, it's insane what happens in those rooms. I served on one almost a decade ago on a possession of stolen property case. When arrested, the defendant ran from the cops before they caught him. The judge specifically instructed us we could not consider that in our deliberations. Go in the room to decide our verdict (not 2 minutes after the judge's instructions) and the FIRST FUCKING THING one woman says is "Obviously he's guilty, he ran from the police." :L

I don't understand the Clemens' decision except that...
-Pettitte suddenly changed his story/lied - that really hurt b/c he's the most neutral party in all this
-Juries don't give circumstantial evidence enough weight and typically give reasonable doubt too much weight

And I have my law degree and my license, birdie.

This is why I'd be a terrible option on a jury. I couldn't hear something given as evidence, then magically pretend that I DIDN'T hear it merely because of some loophole. This is also why I couldn't be involved in law. Haha

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy 95 fucking degrees outside, Batman!

When I saw it was jumping up today, I made the decision to turn on my air conditioning for the first time since last Summer. I'll leave it on tomorrow too, because it's going to get even hotter!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw it was jumping up today, I made the decision to turn on my air conditioning for the first time since last Summer. I'll leave it on tomorrow too, because it's going to get even hotter!

I have central air conditioning but the house is built such that the pipe has to wend its way around before it gets to my bedroom. Very little cool air makes it up there. The air is set for 73 downstairs, but it's 86 in my room.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I committed my first error since I was 14 in a softball scrimmage last night. :burt:

It was embarrassing.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until this inning the Tigers had a team batting average of .180 with the bases loaded.

Yes, that would be dead last in the American League.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates are not very good offensively in any way. I'd love to see them target, say, Chase Headley, and put him on third base, moving Alvarez to first. Another possible deal would bring Soriano and Garza from the Cubs. I wouldn't mind that one bit, but I would prefer the Headley deal.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have central air conditioning but the house is built such that the pipe has to wend its way around before it gets to my bedroom. Very little cool air makes it up there. The air is set for 73 downstairs, but it's 86 in my room.

pssh that's nothing

look at the temp in my room today

mms_picture-5Mobile-1.jpg

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea tell me about it.

i fucking hate the heat. bring on winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.