• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Seven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dating-fails-im-sure-hed-remember-something-like-that.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be awake at 4 A.M. tomorrow.

As in...waking up. Not as in...staying up until 4 in the morning and then going to bed.

chest%20pain%20after%20drinking.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take care everybody. Gonna watch a few minutes of basketball and then go to sleep. :yo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The creators of Rugrats are quoted as saying they wrote it about their own kids, so...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too much. There are also too many holes. In order for that to work, the entire reality would have to be a hallucination, but the writer doesn't seem to feel that way. Including situations where Angelica isn't even present.

And to suggest All Growed Up ended for any reason other than the fact that it sucked is blasphemy.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too much. There are also too many holes. In order for that to work, the entire reality would have to be a hallucination, but the writer doesn't seem to feel that way. Including situations where Angelica isn't even present.

And to suggest All Growed Up ended for any reason other than the fact that it sucked is blasphemy.

The depth of it, perhaps not. But loosly based off of Angelica? That's a possibility.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth of it, perhaps not. But loosly based off of Angelica? That's a possibility.

I'm against the concept because it's such a cop-out writing technique.

Good writing doesn't require hallucinations or dream sequences to provide its setting. They can be used as tools for metaphor or characterization, but a story's events should not be entirely the product of a character's mind.

Invent the world and put your characters in it. The world should create the characters, not the other way around. That's what made Avatar: The Last Airbender so good.

This is also while I'll never accept the theory that Pokemon was all Ash's dream.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that if you ever eat a chicken omelette, you're eating chicken cooked inside of its own baby....

Kinda messed up if you think about it like that.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against the concept because it's such a cop-out writing technique.

Good writing doesn't require hallucinations or dream sequences to provide its setting. They can be used as tools for metaphor or characterization, but a story's events should not be entirely the product of a character's mind.

Invent the world and put your characters in it. The world should create the characters, not the other way around. That's what made Avatar: The Last Airbender so good.

This is also while I'll never accept the theory that Pokemon was all Ash's dream.

You liking of the concept has no baring on weather or not its true though.

On an unrelated note, I don't think you'd like the movie Momento.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You liking of the concept has no baring on weather or not its true though.

On an unrelated note, I don't think you'd like the movie Momento.

I give the writers more credit than to have copped out like that, basically. Especially since they said they wrote it about their kids.

I was not happy with Nolan when he said Cobb was dreaming the whole of Inception. I lost a little respect for him. I still think he's very good, but putting an entire story inside of a dream completely eliminates its impact.

And as I understand the plot of Memento, the main character and his perceptions are a product of the world in which he lives. That's still fine. That's why I liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sure, half the movie is a dream sequence, but the dream is not the world. The world creates the dream.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the writers more credit than to have copped out like that, basically. Especially since they said they wrote it about their kids.

I was not happy with Nolan when he said Cobb was dreaming the whole of Inception. I lost a little respect for him. I still think he's very good, but putting an entire story inside of a dream completely eliminates its impact.

And as I understand the plot of Memento, the main character and his perceptions are a product of the world in which he lives. That's still fine. That's why I liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sure, half the movie is a dream sequence, but the dream is not the world. The world creates the dream.

I disagree with that. The fact that he was with his kids again, in a dream or real life, was the most important part. He was able to be happy again by seeing his kids regradless of how "real" it was.

As far as Memento, you have it kinda right, but I still think you might not like it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that. The fact that he was with his kids again, in a dream or real life, was the most important part. He was able to be happy again by seeing his kids regradless of how "real" it was.

As far as Memento, you have it kinda right, but I still think you might not like it.

In terms of his character, yes, it's significant. In terms of the story? You can't even be sure the world he was dreaming was in any way connected to his waking world. I mean, for all we know, his kids are sleeping down the hall, his alarm will go off in a few hours, and he'll go to his normal, pedestrian job. Impact gone.

Beyond that, if he was still stuck in an eternal slumber, what good is it that he's with his kids in his dream? He might have them, but they don't have him. What's really important?

Status
Not open for further replies.