• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Rangers play at Vancouver next year seeing as Canucks are at MSG this year. I'd really love to make it out there. Fingers crossed.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I was channel surfing once and saw good old Paris on MTV Canada Cribs - dude plays in the CFL and he's on Cribs??? His place is in the tower above the Costco in downtown Vancouver right next to Rogers Arena. I remember it being 600-something square feet (lol)

... which led me to wonder when will I be on MTV Canada Cribs

and it's rented. :D
I remember it was a big day when I realized that I (as a mid-20's punk) made more salary than CFL legend Lui Passaglia. good for me, sad state of affairs for the CFL.

I had seen a couple of episodes on Canadian Cribs, and it was the same thing. The two I remember were a Yaletown condo with two roommates, and the upstairs of an old house off of Commercial. No spinning hubcaps or anything.
though it's better than posing like some of the US rappers do. I think it was little bow wow or someone who had a Lambo and a Bentley in his driveway, but they still had the front faux-license plate from the place that he rented them from.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's rented. :D
I remember it was a big day when I realized that I (as a mid-20's punk) made more salary than CFL legend Lui Passaglia. good for me, sad state of affairs for the CFL.

I had seen a couple of episodes on Canadian Cribs, and it was the same thing. The two I remember were a Yaletown condo with two roommates, and the upstairs of an old house off of Commercial. No spinning hubcaps or anything.

There was another cfler i saw on Cribs ... Kevin Eiben safety for the Argos ... lived in a townhouse in some TO suburb ... I thought I was watching an episode of a show that has people in desperate need of a home reno

I liked Russell Peters dresser drawer of (wow cant type that word) nekkid people doing stuff together vids

the thing I remember most from the Paris Jackson episode was he was giving the tour and he sat down in a huge leather couch that filled the condo living area and he said he and his lady friend were expecting and he said it was exciting and he had some books on the coffee table about parenting that he was reading up on and they panned to the coffee table and it was a Toys R Us catalogue lol

They then looked out the window and he said thats where I work pointing to BC Place and the camera could catch a sliver of the stadium because the window was maybe a foot wide

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
CFL was afraid that Jiminez would appeal again... frankly they just don't have the budget for all that lawyerin'

(how's that for a segue?)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping the Rangers play at Vancouver next year seeing as Canucks are at MSG this year. I'd really love to make it out there. Fingers crossed.

it's a beautiful town, no doubt.
you might be a tad underwhelmed by the nightlife though.
think more Albany than Manhattan. wait, does Albany have a college? scratch that :p

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a beautiful town, no doubt.
you might be a tad underwhelmed by the nightlife though.
think more Albany than Manhattan. wait, does Albany have a college? scratch that :p

I'm a sightseer and history buff... I party, but I do enough of that at home.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm a sightseer and history buff... I party, but I do enough of that at home.

OK. sights we do have. :D
history would be a day trip to Victoria (with bonus extra sightseeing).

also, here's a funny pic
HealthyEating.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
anyone see the show Call Me Fitz? it's pretty funny (starring and produced by Jason Priestly).
also, this chick is in it, and she's hot.

Brooke%20Nevin-0012.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. sights we do have. :D
history would be a day trip to Victoria (with bonus extra sightseeing).

also, here's a funny pic
HealthyEating.jpg

Work sucks, the image is blocked. I do hear the scenery on the west coast of Canada is beautiful. I would really like to visit Banks Island for a little getaway.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoff was booted off of Dancing with the Stars... first one.....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Work sucks, the image is blocked. I do hear the scenery on the west coast of Canada is beautiful. I would really like to visit Banks Island for a little getaway.

image is just of a car covered in weight loss ads, going through the taco bell drive-through.
like this one (people taking the escalator up about 10 steps to get to the gym)
24_Hour_Laziness.jpg

and yeah, scenery here is pretty damned amazing.
the ferry trip to Victoria, and maybe a trip up Grouse Mtn would be my highlights.
folks seem to love whistler too (another day trip)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this one ... the bold is hilarious ... i think its the first thing anyone thinks of when theres a consideration of the Mariners playing games in Vancouver ... note to all parties involved the berber over concrete field will be gone by next year

It came as news to Seattle Mariners president Chuck Armstrong that the Marlins are considering moving the 2011 Seattle-Florida series to Vancouver's BC Place because of scheduling conflicts at Florida's Sun Life Stadium.

The Marlins are scheduled to host the Mariners in an interleague three-game series June 24-26, but that apparently is going to conflict with a U2 concert set for June 29 at Sun Life. So the Marlins are looking for options.

In the past, Florida has moved series to Hiram Bithorn Stadium in Puerto Rico, but it's not much of an option because both the Marlins' and the Mariners' subsequent series are on the West Coast, Seattle at home in Safeco Field and Florida at Oakland.

So BC Place, home of the Opening Ceremonies for the 2010 Olympics, makes at least a little sense.

"My first thought is that it would be good, because we love to be able to reach out to that part of our market," Armstrong told FanHouse. "Then there are the memories of Edgar."

Vancouver is a little more than two hours away from Seattle by car, and the Mariners count on southwest British Columbia for a not insignificant percentage of their annual attendance.

On the other hand, as Armstrong suggests, BC Place doesn't exactly make the Mariners feel all warm and fuzzy. The last time the Mariners played there was in the spring of 1993, when defending American League batting champ Edgar Martinez wrecked his hamstring on a poorly maintained field and missed the bulk of the 1993 season. Martinez, a third baseman, was mostly a designated hitter for most of his career after that.

"That's the other thing, thinking about what happened last time," Armstrong said. "But it was a long time ago, and the Vancouver area has always been very important to us."

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss you off picture of the day...

Guess if your last name is Busch and you have a shitload of money...
it doesn't matter if you're a goofy looking bastard...

daaaamn

34E7ED965A7A79F6579F52C55F4794.jpg

Oh yeah her name?

Status
Not open for further replies.