• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not happy right now as I came so close to winning for the week and lost but I much prefer the pools with the spread. We pick all the games each week and its a lot tougher with the spread which makes it more fun.

I'd have a hard time betting on just one game with the spread though. Then again even without the spread I probably wouldn't wager on single games.

Oh well maybe the person who beat me will fail his drug test in the morning and it will come to me.

I do agree that picking games against the spread is more fun...just as long as money isn't involved. ;)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that picking games against the spread is more fun...just as long as money isn't involved. ;)

Lol, and I was happy when after kickoff I saw he picked the 49ers. Well at least I know where I stand tonight. Last week my brother was tied after Monday night, and Yahoo doesn't figure the tie breakers out til the next day. He lost.

I like to play and I suck so I know its basically giving money away each year. It keeps me interested though. I did have the best record for the year a few years ago, so I am well ahead money wise. I say this not bragging, if you saw how I finished most years its truly amazing I won a year.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah, so tonight I went to a WWE Raw event (trust me when I say this is SO NOT ME) thinking it was in exchange for a friend driving me to Columbus for the Pens game on Friday (reallllly cheap tickets), but alas she can NOT go. So depressed now. Really wishing I could find another willing friend with a vehicle on campus.

Did you have fun? I ask because an uncle who obviously didnt know what I liked bought me tickets for the WWF a long time ago. Despite having no interest at all, it was actually kind of fun. And funny.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Did you have fun? I ask because an uncle who obviously didnt know what I liked bought me tickets for the WWF a long time ago. Despite having no interest at all, it was actually kind of fun. And funny.

I went to a wrestlemania several years ago, and one of the guys (actually a prominent local sportscaster) got ahold of some Mexican wrestling masks for us to wear, too. we were hammered, and it was a hoot.

one guy in the crowd had a huge sign made of a refrigerator box, and it said "The guy behind me can't see shit"
hilarious.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

people watching was entertaining at the very least. and it was amusing watching the edge smash up a laptop against his head (legit bleeding occured). other than that it's a glorified soap opera for hicks.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch Boardwalk Empire? Shit is awesome.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is a damn ghost town this morning,

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Anyone catch Boardwalk Empire? Shit is awesome.

taped it last night. just started watching it this morning.
last night was reserved for the season opener of 2 1/2 Men. THAT shit is awesome. :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
one reason to watch the new Hawaii Five-0

grace-park-bikini-beach-04.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimenez ended a promising career for Anthony Gargiulo on a similiar cheap hit...He was suspended for one game, but it was overturned due to lack of video evidence. Thankfully, there's plenty of video evidence this time.

Anthony Gargiulo a no-go for Stampeders

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimenez ended a promising career for Anthony Gargiulo on a similiar cheap hit...He was suspended for one game, but it was overturned due to lack of video evidence. Thankfully, there's plenty of video evidence this time.

Anthony Gargiulo a no-go for Stampeders

I remember that dash and Im sad to say I must have had blinders on as a homer ... like you said there was minimal video of that hit on Gargiulo

karma below in bold???

For CFL fans and media who may have given Jimenez the benefit of the doubt after he injured Calgary Stampeder defensive lineman Anthony Gargiulo three years ago, it was a particularly distressing incident. Gargiulo's promising career was undone after an illegal block by Jimenez in a game at BC Place on Nov. 3, 2007 -- (the last time that the Lions, who play in Calgary Saturday night, have defeated the Stampeders). Gargiulo's leg was shattered. Although he attempted a comeback the following year, Gargiulo, then 23, was never the same player again and was forced to retire.

Calgary's head coach was steaming mad after the controversial play that felled Gargiulo. His name was Tom Higgins, the same man who, as the CFL's current director of officiating, will decide if Jimenez warrants further discipline beyond a 15-yard penalty awarded Saturday.

A one-game suspension handed to Jimenez after the Gargiulo affair was later overturned on appeal. Videotape evidence was minimal and inconclusive. And Jimenez vigorously championed his innocence in interviews and on the lionbackers.comwebsite in which he argued that he was unduly maligned by those who had no clear-cut proof of his intent. Gargiulo's injury, while unfortunate and regrettable, was part of the breaks of the game, he maintained.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/f...+nasty+shots/3549483/story.html#ixzz10CFt0xJj

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boardwalk is on my list of shows to watch, I keep hearing how good it is.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other CFL-related news...

The Canadian Press has learned former CFL quarterback Cody Ledbetter has been deported to the United States, where he faces a lengthy jail term in Texas.

The former Hamilton Tiger-Cat was removed from an Ottawa jail today by agents of the Canadian Border Services Agency, driven to a land crossing in upstate New York, and handed over to U.S. law enforcement officials.

Ledbetter, 37, was bound for Johnson County, Texas, where he was at the top of the sheriff's most-wanted list after fleeing to Canada last year.

In 2005, Ledbetter pleaded guilty to two counts of having sex with a 16-year-old girl from the high school in Alvarado, Texas, where he was a coach, and was given 10 years probation.

Ledbetter had been in Canadian custody since surrendering to police in early August after a July 31 altercation with his girlfriend in Ottawa.

Prosecutors in Ottawa stayed four charges against Ledbetter on Monday, including assault causing bodily harm and uttering threats, which paved the way for his removal from Canada.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other CFL-related news...

The Canadian Press has learned former CFL quarterback Cody Ledbetter has been deported to the United States, where he faces a lengthy jail term in Texas.

The former Hamilton Tiger-Cat was removed from an Ottawa jail today by agents of the Canadian Border Services Agency, driven to a land crossing in upstate New York, and handed over to U.S. law enforcement officials.

Ledbetter, 37, was bound for Johnson County, Texas, where he was at the top of the sheriff's most-wanted list after fleeing to Canada last year.

In 2005, Ledbetter pleaded guilty to two counts of having sex with a 16-year-old girl from the high school in Alvarado, Texas, where he was a coach, and was given 10 years probation.

Ledbetter had been in Canadian custody since surrendering to police in early August after a July 31 altercation with his girlfriend in Ottawa.

Prosecutors in Ottawa stayed four charges against Ledbetter on Monday, including assault causing bodily harm and uttering threats, which paved the way for his removal from Canada.

Oh yeah, can you see them, out the on porch?
Yeah, but they don't wave
I see them 'round the front way
And I know, and I know I don't want to stay at all
I don't want to stay
I don't want to stay
I don't want to stay
I don't, I don't want to stay

Cody was probably singing "I want to stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.