• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of such a thing.

Black Bean Brownies Recipe
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips, divided (optional)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2.Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
3.Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4.Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
5.Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
6.Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips (if using) over the top of the mixture.
7.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25 to 30 minutes.
8.Cool completely on a wire rack and then cut brownies into desired size and shape.

Used this except insted of sugar, I used a sugar substitute. I also didn't use any of the optional ingredients.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips, divided (optional)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2.Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
3.Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4.Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
5.Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
6.Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips (if using) over the top of the mixture.
7.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25 to 30 minutes.
8.Cool completely on a wire rack and then cut brownies into desired size and shape.

Used this except insted of sugar, I used a sugar substitute. I also didn't use any of the optional ingredients.

Thank you for that. I've added it to my recipe book. I now have three recipes. In return, I'll share with you my favorite.

Hagymaleves (Hungarian Onion Cream Soup, pronounced hodge - ma - le - vesh):

Caution: This is enough soup for 10. It's not an entree.

5 chopped onions
2 cans or 1 box vegetable broth
Butter
1 tbsp flour
1 cup white cooking wine
Paprika (about 3 tsp)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
Red pepper flakes (Use an amount proportional to how spicy you want to make it. I barely use any, since no one I make this for likes spicy stuff.)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 sliced baguette
White cheese

1. Saute onions in the bottom of a big pot until glassy.
2. Add white cooking wine, then flour to thicken.
3. Add vegetable broth and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add cream.
5. Add seasonings to taste and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Toast baguette with cheese on top in oven.
7. Serve soup with one slice of cheesy baguette floating on top.
8. Enter Heaven.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My unique recipe? Bologna sandwich. Peanut butter, cheese, bologna, ketchup, and pickles. Sometimes, I'll even add mustard. It's really good, and as my dad and I say, it tackles all the major food groups!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My unique recipe? Bologna sandwich. Peanut butter, cheese, bologna, ketchup, and pickles. Sometimes, I'll even add mustard. It's really good, and as my dad and I say, it tackles all the major food groups!

As wonderful as that sounds, I think I'll stick to my usual sandwiches of everything available on the sandwich tray.

Today I had three different meats, six different grilled vegetables, lettuce, onions, pickles, and mayonnaise.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As wonderful as that sounds, I think I'll stick to my usual sandwiches of everything available on the sandwich tray.

Today I had three different meats, six different grilled vegetables, lettuce, onions, pickles, and mayonnaise.

That sounds good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds good.

Yes, the meats were ham, roast beef, and turkey. I also added Swiss and American cheese. The grilled vegetables were cauliflower, broccoli, red onions, carrots, red peppers, and yellow peppers. It was tasty. Sides of potato salad and baked garlic chips and a cookie. And it was free.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just told my girlfriend about your brownies, Tyler, and she responded that the only thing allowed to replace flour in her brownies is more chocolate.

I think I found a keeper. =P

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your recipe Chris! You probibly don't know this, but I do/did aspire to become a chef. It varies often as to how reaslistic of a dream I think it is.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just told my girlfriend about your brownies, Tyler, and she responded that the only thing allowed to replace flour in her brownies is more chocolate.

I think I found a keeper. =P

haha, that's alot like my current girlfriend. Except I'm sure yours isn't a puck bunny :L:( I feel as though I have failed, and I'm working on it!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your recipe Chris! You probibly don't know this, but I do/did aspire to become a chef. It varies often as to how reaslistic of a dream I think it is.

I believe you've mentioned it. But like I said on the recipe disclaimer, don't try to eat all of that or eat it as an entree. You'll feel like crap. It's really heavy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who have seen I Love You, Man, there is an actual song titled "Slap That Bass." It's a pretty nifty tune, too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine hasn't ever seen a hockey game, but she started to look up names I told her and she came back the next day telling me that Jordan Staal was a hottie :L

I'm waiting until next semester to work on this project. I just don't have the appropriate time to dedicate to the endeavor right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.