• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1ylu1.png

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Editorial: It?s time to ban pit bulls in B.C. | The Province

1. Nice picture. :L
2. Nice complete bullshit facts.
3. I like the results of the poll. :thumb:

Not sure I agree and I sure as hell wouldn't want one around my kids. Not sure what the percentage is but whenever I hear of a dog attacking my first thought is Pit Bull and it seems to be true.

I'm a dog lover but how many times have we heard " Oh he/she never has been aggressive before and all of a sudden he/she attacked". I feel as the article says they are breed to attack and that is always lurking inside of them.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree and I sure as hell wouldn't want one around my kids. Not sure what the percentage is but whenever I hear of a dog attacking my first thought is Pit Bull and it seems to be true.

I'm a dog lover but how many times have we heard " Oh he/she never has been aggressive before and all of a sudden he/she attacked". I feel as the article says they are breed to attack and that is always lurking inside of them.

i understand what you are saying boss but what people only get is the story of the pittbull. its a fact I believe that smaller dogs bite way more than larger breeds. but the pitbull does the most damage so its obviously way more serious. i dont dispute they can be dangerous no-one can. any dog can be dangerous. I just think banning is not the way to go.

Im a firm believer of "Dont put a dog in a situation that it cant handle". train kids and adults to be wary of ALL dogs not just pitbulls. if you ban Pitbulls ban toy dogs as well as they actually bite more and yes they cause more damage as bigger dogs but bottom line is what is the surrounding environment that causes the attack? excitement? not watching your child to know the dangers of what is causing the attack? dont just say its the breed. I dont even have a pitbull. I understand the people are upset I would be too. for some people to say I used to think it was the owners but now its the breed after it happens is saying I just waited until it happened to me. emotion is so different from a person when they are personally involved. I have been bit by boxers, by mix dogs by sharpeis with a varying degree of damage from superficial to scars on my head but I dont blame the breed it was mistakes in training and not reading the dog properly.

we have miss universe canada now coming up and saying... "now that I am in the spotlight I can use my fame to help ban pitbulls because I was bit when I was 15."

I think special licenses need to be issued, training needs to be part of that and backyard breeding and puppy mills needs to be illegal to ensure they dont get overbred to the wrong people. yes there will always be a blackmarket for that, but put in controls as best as possible. its overcrowded already in all dog breeds

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have miss universe canada now coming up and saying... "now that I am in the spotlight I can use my fame to help ban pitbulls because I was bit when I was 15."

is that the tranny? pitbull could have saved him/her alot of money if it was a more strategic mauling

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am on phone. Is so can't link but will later. Most of the fear is media driven. The ASPCA looked at the average number of articles related to one fatal pit bull attack and it was over 200. A fatal attack by a golden retriever less than a week later had 2 articles.

They are super dogs but have become the "in" dog for wannabe thugs to adopt and these owners don't feed, train etc and usuall abuse the dogs. Twenty years ago it was the Doberman. Ten years ago the Rott. Thirty years the German Shep.

The UKC superdog status (based on training and agility) has only given out 30 superdog designations. 20 were to APBT. The most decorated war dog in American history was a Pit.

Media and idiot owners drive the story though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of pit bulls myself, but I don't agree with banning them either. You can make any dog pretty vicious if that's your end goal (Dobermans, Rottweilers, even German Shephards can be very scary). Where does it end?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are super dogs but have become the "in" dog for wannabe thugs to adopt and these owners don't feed, train etc and usuall abuse the dogs. Twenty years ago it was the Doberman. Ten years ago the Rott. Thirty years the German Shep.

The UKC superdog status (based on training and agility) has only given out 30 superdog designations. 20 were to APBT. The most decorated war dog in American history was a Pit.
Media and idiot owners drive the story though.

but then ... there is a reason these dogs are war dogs right? Werent they initially bred to be aggressive?

never knew this about the history of dobermans ... pretty nuts!
Doberman Pinschers were first bred in the town of Apolda, in the German state of Thuringia around 1890, following the Franco-Prussian War by Karl Friedrich Louis Dobermann. Dobermann served in the dangerous role of local tax collector, and ran the Apolda dog pound. With access to dogs of many breeds, he aimed to create a breed that would be ideal for protecting him during his collections, which took him through many bandit-infested areas. He set out to breed a new type of dog that, in his opinion, would be the perfect combination of strength, speed, endurance, loyalty, intelligence, and ferocity. Later, Otto Goeller and Philip Gruening continued to develop the breed to become the dog that is seen today.

Afrikaaners didnt use German Shepherds to ingratiate themselves to local schoolchildren in shantytowns :noidea:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pits were actually rescue and messenger dogs inthe war, not guard dogs. They are small, and terrier driven and athletic enough to go through rough terrain and run through injuries. In addition they are great diggers, hence the rescue aspect.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People just need to be responsible pet owners, no matter the breed. Some dogs are innately more aggressive, so be a smart pet owner and don't put that dog in a stressful situation. Protect yourself, the pet, and others by the decisions you make.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think special licenses need to be issued, training needs to be part of that
That works for gun laws as well. With every right comes responsibility. You shirk that responsibility, you lose that right.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody get her a double cheeseburger quick. She looks anorexic.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually ... wait a minute ... i think i see labia :think:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
is that a scar over her ribs (her left side)?
interesting multiculturism though: Indian-Iranian-Canadian.

:noidea: