• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I’m bored, Part Herbert!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB needs a hard cap. And no way am I thinking the pirates sign any type of free agents like Ohtani. But the Yankees Red Sox and Dodgers would stop getting the majority of the top free agents.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody track any private jet flights from the OC to LA? Does the media even try any more?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody track any private jet flights from the OC to LA? Does the media even try any more?
I live in the flight path for John Wayne and I can confirm there are many private jet flights today so far.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if this had anything to do with Ohtani's decision, but apparently there is a horde of Japanese media that live in the SoCal area and they basically report on Ohtani daily. At least they don't have to pack up and relocate now.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this had anything to do with Ohtani's decision, but apparently there is a horde of Japanese media that live in the SoCal Area and they basically report on Ohtani daily. At least they don't have to pack up and relocate now.
There was a story in the latimes this week on this. That they were all scared theyd have to move to Toronto lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the housing market in Toronto is getting affordable again. It’s really a loss for them.
We canadians (or rogers customers at least) wont be charged $150 a month for 10gbs of cell data now that ohtani isnt flying north. The jays media and fan slurpers should be happy about that :nod:

/although ron maclean probably keeps his job now :think:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB needs a hard cap. And no way am I thinking the pirates sign any type of free agents like Ohtani. But the Yankees Red Sox and Dodgers would stop getting the majority of the top free agents.
I wish. Even if there was not a cap but more of a luxury tax. Or something.
Put a salary basement in too.

I love baseball, hopefully always will, but every year I read how less and less people are actively following it. It's probably not the only reason, but maybe if all the prize players didn't end up on one of 5 or 6 teams.....

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish. Even if there was not a cap but more of a luxury tax. Or something.
Put a salary basement in too.

I love baseball, hopefully always will, but every year I read how less and less people are actively following it. It's probably not the only reason, but maybe if all the prize players didn't end up on one of 5 or 6 teams.....

The rules that sped up the game made me watch baseball more this past season than in the previous four or five.

I cannot watch a pirate game for more than one inning, simply because the majority of the roster does not belong in the major leagues.

And I know it sounds boomerish. but I have not gone to a game at PNC Park since 2017 because I absolutely refuse to give Bob Nutting any money for that so called team that they put on the field year after year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rules that sped up the game made me watch baseball more this past season than in the previous four or five.

I cannot watch a pirate game for more than one inning, simply because the majority of the roster does not belong in the major leagues.

And I know it sounds boomerish. but I have not gone to a game at PNC Park since 2017 because I absolutely refuse to give Bob Nutting any money for that so called team that they put on the field year after year.
Putting Ohtani's contract in perspective.

Nutting has owned the team since 2007, in those years the average salary for the team has been $61 million per year. :L
Over the last ten years, their payroll has been a combined $716million. :L :L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you sound boomerish about that*, I get it. Same way with Angelos here. If they are not awful I may go to a game a year.
I'd like to think a better owner would help things, and I'm sure it would somewhat - even if it's just from a PR standpoint - but it's going to be an uphill battle to stay competitive consistently.

*I think you sound boomerish because you refer to George Clooney as Rosemary's nephew