• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Hue Jackson fired

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad, I liked the direction Hue was taking the Raiders. I wonder whose staff Jackson will wind up on, if any. I imagine he'll land a gig as offensive coordinator somewhere

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we're giving up our first, we can do better than Moore, no?

I think Moore is one of the best young wr's in the NFL. I'm sure we have a wr or two on our radar this draft and I think Moore, with his NFL experience is only behind Blackmon. That's just my opinion. You have to remember that our pick is very late, hopefully 32nd.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My first reaction was the feeling that he got a raw deal but I get it...

He faced serious adversity losing Campbell and McFadden, I think they win the division easily if either stay healthy for the year.

He promised to reduce the number of penalties the team made and he failed to do so.

I think his mouth may have turned off Davis and Trask.

A GM should be able to hire his own guy.

I think Hue gets another job as a coordinator and a chance to work his way back into a HC job.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My first reaction was the feeling that he got a raw deal but I get it...

He faced serious adversity losing Campbell and McFadden, I think they win the division easily if either stay healthy for the year.

He promised to reduce the number of penalties the team made and he failed to do so.

I think his mouth may have turned off Davis and Trask.

A GM should be able to hire his own guy.

I think Hue gets another job as a coordinator and a chance to work his way back into a HC job.

I didn't know about the penalty promise - but I agree without those losses (Campbell & Mcfadden - the results this season might/would have been different)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know about the penalty promise - but I agree without those losses (Campbell & Mcfadden - the results this season might/would have been different)

Yeah, he did get a raw deal. The guy who hired him died, and then it all went downhill from there. What horrible timing for your first NFL HC job..

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, he did get a raw deal. The guy who hired him died, and then it all went downhill from there. What horrible timing for your first NFL HC job..

Another good point - perhaps he is the victim of bad circumstances as much or even more than bad coaching...

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta wonder what Mark Davis and Amy Trask felt about this comment:

"I'm going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization," he said after the season finale. "There's no way that I'm going to feel like I feel today a year from now. I promise you that. There's no question. Defensively, offensively and special teams. I'm not feeling like this no more. This is a joke."

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta wonder what Mark Davis and Amy Trask felt about this comment:

"I'm going take a stronger hand in this whole team, this whole organization," he said after the season finale. "There's no way that I'm going to feel like I feel today a year from now. I promise you that. There's no question. Defensively, offensively and special teams. I'm not feeling like this no more. This is a joke."

Wow, I think we can say the comment was an unwarranted comment so my guess is that went over about as well as a turd in a punchbowl

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He let power and his desire for control get to his head which is what ultimately got him fired.

I mean if I'm an owner listening to his last press conference I would've probably fired him too. He basically was dictating to Davis that it was his team and he was going to do what he wanted. Sorry Hue you don't get to make that call.

From a pure football standpoint I thought he did a solid job and if it wasn't for him going drunk with power and losing the locker room in the process I would say Raiders should've given him another year.

Of course it didn't help that he had the most undisciplined team in the league and barely showed up for the last game of the season where all you needed was to win and you've would've been in.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Cable finished last season with the same 8-8 record, only Cable's teams actually showed improvement...and McFadden has been hurt for most of his short career thus far so it was not just specific to Hue Jackson and THIS season. The Raiders got WORSE with penalties and their coach was a control driven a-hole who deserved what he got. I agree with basic premise that it was all about how brilliant he was when they won and how it was always someone else's fault, typically the players, when they lost. McKenzie will look to instill basically Green Bay West, change the offense, drafting philosophy, COACHING PHILOSOPHY, etc. Doesn't surprise me one bit. Jackson to me is Mike Martz v2.0

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McKenzie hires that Packers coach and he brings along say the QB coach, I wonder if they'll also cut ties with Palmer and sign Flynn. Maybe get back a single 1st round pick for Carson? Maybe that is what Hue meant by gutting the place?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McKenzie hires that Packers coach and he brings along say the QB coach, I wonder if they'll also cut ties with Palmer and sign Flynn. Maybe get back a single 1st round pick for Carson?

Wow. This was prophetic. Not the draft pick, obviously, but everything else.

Saw this post because I was looking for somewhere to put this:

Fox: Trask was a pioneer - ESPN

I like this quote from her, whether it's 100% true or not: "It is my view that if I do not want my gender to be an issue, the last thing I should do is consider my gender an issue," Trask said. "In other words, if I want to be regarded, to be evaluated, to be considered without regard to gender, then I should comport myself without regard to gender."

Not to get too social comment-ary, but I see this a lot with feminists, minority groups, etc. who will be sexist, racist, or whatnot to achieve what they believe is fair or even reverse-biased. Some will push the issue beyond simply doing or getting what is fair.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning to NinerSickness: I bumped an old thread. Hue Jackson wasn't fired again.

Just messing with you, NS. You do seem to be the one who doesn't notice when I do this. I'm also the one to bump old threads when I don't want to start new ones, much to some's confusion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Warning to NinerSickness: I bumped an old thread. Hue Jackson wasn't fired again.

Just messing with you, NS. You do seem to be the one who doesn't notice when I do this. I'm also the one to bump old threads when I don't want to start new ones, much to some's confusion.

Thanks for the warning. I do miss that pretty much every time someone bumps an old thread. :)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This was prophetic. Not the draft pick, obviously, but everything else.

I'm like a TV psychic, throw a bunch of stuff out there and since at least some of it came true I can call myself a mystic.

Like the dirty hippy in Semi-Pro when he hits the half-court shot, "Holy Shit, I'm a miracle!!!"