• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it about him when he didn't walk away from the guys jawing at him. That's just how it is. No one cares about random scrubs from Rice, so why is he talking anything they say to him personally? Be mentally tough and ignore it. Or continue to be on sports center being blasted.

Double standard, simple as that

And keep in mind, I haven't ONCE defended what he did, it was stupid

I just have a problem with the obvious double standard

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Louisville and Ohio today. Louisville looks good, but their schedule is really soft.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's the gestures people have the biggest problem with. You see two guys get up and talk trash after a play all the time, but the added hand gestures is really ballsy. I have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy who's gotten a pass his entire life because he can play football.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the gestures people have the biggest problem with. You see two guys get up and talk trash after a play all the time, but the added hand gestures is really ballsy. I have a hard time feeling sorry for a guy who's gotten a pass his entire life because he can play football.

Guys on both sides were making gestures, once again, a double standard

Manziel just made the "over the top" gesture of pointing at the scoreboard, give me a break

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys on both sides were making gestures, once again, a double standard

Manziel just made the "over the top" gesture of pointing at the scoreboard, give me a break

I never saw the defenders doing that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it. Second, Manziel was obviously trying to one up the trash talking. Shut the fuck up and let your play do the talking. That's what champions do.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw the defenders doing that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it. Second, Manziel was obviously trying to one up the trash talking. Shut the fuck up and let your play do the talking. That's what champions do.

I saw it several times, doing the pen signing gesture over on the sideline while he was still out in the first half and then a couple times after he was tackled

Once again, not defending Manziel, but if you're telling him to shut the fuck up, same needs to be said to the Rice players

Unfortunately for him the last gesture was the only one that was flagged, "scoreboard bitch"

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it several times, doing the pen signing gesture over on the sideline while he was still out in the first half and then a couple times after he was tackled

Once again, not defending Manziel, but if you're telling him to shut the fuck up, same needs to be said to the Rice players

Unfortunately for him the last gesture was the only one that was flagged, "scoreboard bitch"

Ok, and I agree they do need to shut up. I don't believe anyone is arguing that. But it's Rice and they're going nowhere fast. Manziel and A&M are a different story. Champions dont act like that so grow up. If I'm an NFL scout I don't want that piece of shit anywhere near my team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, and I agree they do need to shut up. I don't believe anyone is arguing that. But it's Rice and they're going nowhere fast. Manziel and A&M are a different story. Champions dont act like that so grow up. If I'm an NFL scout I don't want that piece of shit anywhere near my team.

Yup agreed, all these shenanigans are costing him money at the next level.

He's got a lot of growing up to do for sure

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel or not the way that Aggie defense played yesterday doesn't make me believe they're one of the teams to beat in the SEC.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel or not the way that Aggie defense played yesterday doesn't make me believe they're one of the teams to beat in the SEC.

They'll have a very hard time with LSU, Bama, and even Georgia's running game.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 defensive starters out yesterday for suspensions, so its pretty difficult to take much from that performance, other than a lot of freshmen backups struggled but got some nice experience

Both corners and a safety, a DT, a DE, and a LB

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 defensive starters out yesterday for suspensions, so its pretty difficult to take much from that performance, other than a lot of freshmen backups struggled but got some nice experience

Both corners and a safety, a DT, a DE, and a LB

Doesn't sound to me like Sumlin has much control over his team. I got so mad at manziels dad for callin out Sumlin for not holding Manziel accountable and disciplined. That's bullshit IMO. You're job was to mold him into and upstanding young man, and if he thinks this sense of entitlement just started he's lying to himself. This has been building for a long time.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound to me like Sumlin has much control over his team. I got so mad at manziels dad for callin out Sumlin for not holding Manziel accountable and disciplined. That's bullshit IMO. You're job was to mold him into and upstanding young man, and if he thinks this sense of entitlement just started he's lying to himself. This has been building for a long time.

Its not as bad as it sounds 6 suspensions, but 3 incidents, gun charge (gun in a car without the proper paperwork)

4 guys were suspended for weed I think, most recent and the one I knew the least about

2 guys were actually followed the their house by another group after an incident at the bar, those guys got their butts kicked and filed charges, even though they were the ones who were pressing the issue

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not as bad as it sounds 6 suspensions, but 3 incidents, gun charge (gun in a car without the proper paperwork)

4 guys were suspended for weed I think, most recent and the one I knew the least about

2 guys were actually followed the their house by another group after an incident at the bar, those guys got their butts kicked and filed charges, even though they were the ones who were pressing the issue

Umm having guns in the vehicle in a manner that is considered illegal in Texas isn't a big deal? :noidea:

Drugs isn't a big deal? Look I don't have a strong opinion about weed, but I do have an opinion about football players with everything to lose not following the law.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm having guns in the vehicle in a manner that is considered illegal in Texas isn't a big deal? :noidea:

Drugs isn't a big deal? Look I don't have a strong opinion about weed, but I do have an opinion about football players with everything to lose not following the law.

Any program in the country has players do the same types of things year in and year out

the guys got arrested and got suspended, end of story

But no I wouldn't consider carrying a firearm in a vehicle a big deal, happens all the time, student athletes or not

And seriously you wanna throw a % of student athletes that smoke weed? its not like a&m's football players are any worse about that than any other program

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it is a double-standard.

And this is why.

Johnny plays for A&M. He won the Heisman. He led the only team to beat Bama last year. He led the Aggies to a bowl win over OU.

And he is getting into a trash talking incident with ....

Rice.

Let Rice say all they want. They are Rice. You are A&M and they are Rice and you don't need to even acknowledge their existence, much less their trash talk.

If Rice can get inside his head, just imagine what Bama and LSU are going to do to him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is a double-standard.

And this is why.

Johnny plays for A&M. He won the Heisman. He led the only team to beat Bama last year. He led the Aggies to a bowl win over OU.

And he is getting into a trash talking incident with ....

Rice.

Let Rice say all they want. They are Rice. You are A&M and they are Rice and you don't need to even acknowledge their existence, much less their trash talk.

If Rice can get inside his head, just imagine what Bama and LSU are going to do to him.

Thats just BS, I don't care who they are playing, you're Rice, the last thing you should be doing is running your mouth

Call the game fair refs, thats all I ask

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just BS, I don't care who they are playing, you're Rice, the last thing you should be doing is running your mouth

I'll give it to you as far as the refs go.

As far as public opinion and the media ....

what's that quote from Spiderman?

With great power comes great responsibility?

Bottom line. When you just won the Heisman and have been made the star of the college football world, more is going to be expected of you.

That's life. It's not always fair.

Got to learn to live in the world the way it is, not the way it should be.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did call the game fair. Pointing to the scoreboard is taunting. He needs to shut the fuck up. You keep saying you aren't defending him, but you respond to every post that places blame on him. We don't care about Rice and neither should Manziel. They are Rice. This shouldn't even be and issue and wouldn't be if he didn't shut his mouth and play. I don't remember Leinart getting taunting penalties playing for USC, and I can bet a lot of terrible things were said to him. I don't remember Tebow doing this in Florida...seems ole Johnnu Football is the only one having a problem dealing with his celebrity while he defends his trophy. Wonder why that is?