• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Chiefs to Franchise Bowe

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. He's one of their playmakers and if Charles is able to come back, the Chiefs should be able to compete in a weak AFC West.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the guy i really wanted in FA. Hmm....VJ becomes a more appealing option to me now. I'd still like us to go after Garcon and/or Wayne as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd rather have Carl Nicks than Vjax, and Nicks will probably get less money per year.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Carl Nicks than Vjax, and Nicks will probably get less money per year.

Probably, but WR is a bigger area of concern right now IMO. If Cordy Glenn is still around when we pick in the first i wouldn't mind snagging him. I'm not really crazy about any of the possible WR's in the draft around where we are picking. Hill is a bit of a reach in the first and I'm not crazy about Kendall Wright either. It will hurt us more if we aren't able to find a WR that can contribute immediately then if we can't get a guy like Carl Nicks. I still want to see what Kilgore can do and there is still a chance we keep Snyder who is a serviceable RG. He's not the best, but I would rather have him at RG with VJ rather than have Crabtree as our number 1 again and Carl Nicks at RG.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It will hurt us more if we aren't able to find a WR that can contribute immediately then if we can't get a guy like Carl Nicks.

I agree that WR is a bigger need. However, the signing of one FA isn't mutually exclusive to the other. The point I was making is this:

Overall offensive production before sigining any FAs = A

Overall offensive production if only Vjax is signed = B

Overall offensive production if only Nicks is signed = c

I think C > B, and it takes less money to get to C than to B.

I'm just against signing any of the big WRs this offseason because I'm not that enamoured with them (except for Wallace, but he's a RFA).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hill is a bit of a reach in the first and I'm not crazy about Kendall Wright either.

After today Hill probably won't even be there at 30. In this weak a draft class a freakish athliete like Hill may even go in the late teens or early 20's.

1.20 ten yard split? 11'1 Broad jump? 39.5 Vertical? Long arms too. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that WR is a bigger need. However, the signing of one FA isn't mutually exclusive to the other. The point I was making is this:

Overall offensive production before sigining any FAs = A

Overall offensive production if only Vjax is signed = B

Overall offensive production if only Nicks is signed = c

I think C > B, and it takes less money to get to C than to B.

I'm just against signing any of the big WRs this offseason because I'm not that enamoured with them (except for Wallace, but he's a RFA).

I understand what you are trying to say, but i would go with B under that scenario. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Nicks. I was with you and some of the other guys from the ESPN boards that wanted us to draft him in '08. I just think we need a guy like VJ more. However, it doesn't have to be VJ. I would like for us to go after Garcon, Wayne, or Simpson because they hold good value for what they would probably cost.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would like for us to go after Garcon, Wayne, or Simpson because they hold good value for what they would probably cost.

Wayne's the guy I'd want if the Niners get Peyton.

If not I'd love to go after Andre Caldwell.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne's the guy I'd want if the Niners get Peyton.

If not I'd love to go after Andre Caldwell.

I'd be happy with Simpson or Caldwell. Both are an upgrade over what we have right now and shouldn't cost very much.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't off topic.

Yeah I really dont know why I did that lol. I thought that earlier why the hell did I mark it off topic, but it was already there so it is what it is.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the guy i really wanted in FA. Hmm....VJ becomes a more appealing option to me now. I'd still like us to go after Garcon and/or Wayne as well.

I'd say the chances of us coming in first place for VJ are...zero. He's looking for 11-12 per.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with Simpson or Caldwell. Both are an upgrade over what we have right now and shouldn't cost very much.

Simpson...I don't see him not being a red flag player for us plus he might be in the grey bar motel soon for his weed business.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, this just drives up the price of the other WRs. Bowe isn't worth the huge contract and the two 1st round picks... so every team looking for a WR is going to look elsewhere and end up overpaying for the guys who didn't get tagged.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, this just drives up the price of the other WRs. Bowe isn't worth the huge contract and the two 1st round picks... so every team looking for a WR is going to look elsewhere and end up overpaying for the guys who didn't get tagged.

Yep, our best bet is Meachem or Lloyd coming in cheaper than the top tier guys. Garcon has probably priced himself too high for us. Maybe we get Plex to fly in for real this time.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, our best bet is Meachem or Lloyd coming in cheaper than the top tier guys. Garcon has probably priced himself too high for us. Maybe we get Plex to fly in for real this time.

Niners flying him "coach". I also think Garcon is out of the mix. He'll want too much money. Meachem would be cheaper and would be an upgrade. It also weakens the Saints.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the chances of us coming in first place for VJ are...zero. He's looking for 11-12 per.

You're probably right. The Bears may be an intriguing option for him. That's why i think we should really pursue Garcon or Wayne.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Garcon (my apologies if this was posted in another thread)

More on the report from Adam Schefter of ESPN.com that Indianapolis Colts receiver Pierre Garcon turned down a five year offer from the team. Word tonight is the value of the contract hovered around the $35 million mark.

Garcon was originally picked up by the Colts in the 2008 NFL Draft and finally seemed to have a break out year in 2011, with 70 receptions for 947 yards and 6 touchdown receptions. The whispers are that Garcon does not want to stay in Indianapolis, but it's going to be difficult to see a team willing to offer Garcon a contract similar to what he turned down.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More on the report from Adam Schefter of ESPN.com that Indianapolis Colts receiver Pierre Garcon turned down a five year offer from the team. Word tonight is the value of the contract hovered around the $35 million mark.

Wow. Pass.