• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bet This Dude Wishes He had Just Shut It Off.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Guess this 71-year old guy figured prison takes better care of you than where he lives.

Will movie theaters cite this story in their "turn off your phone" message before the movie now?

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this article this morning in our local paper and I must admit this 71 year old retired police captain just lost it. The man was with his wife was texting with his 3-year old daughter during the previews. You're going to kill someone over a cellphone. This is tragic and senseless. He will probably end up dying in prison.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought texting (without sound) was offensive during previews. I'll never do that again.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this article this morning in our local paper and I must admit this 71 year old retired police captain just lost it. The man was with his wife was texting with his 3-year old daughter during the previews. You're going to kill someone over a cellphone. This is tragic and senseless. He will probably end up dying in prison.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is talking while the "let's all go to the movies" is being played. Someone shushes Elaine and they turn and say "you need silence for the talking refreshments?"

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guns are awesome and allow so many fantastic moments of rage like this.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is talking while the "let's all go to the movies" is being played. Someone shushes Elaine and they turn and say "you need silence for the talking refreshments?"

Or maybe the old man could have at least tried this one first:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxfivZF9Yk]Opposite George - YouTube[/ame]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
People are wound so tightly these days... I can't stand the rudeness of people talking and texting during movies, but shooting somebody over it? If you're that on edge, just stay home. :tsk:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing the 2nd amendment protected this guys right to carry...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, yeah blame the gun..........

facepalm.gif

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this 71-year old guy figured prison takes better care of you than where he lives.

Will movie theaters cite this story in their "turn off your phone" message before the movie now?

I bet he gets off being as old was he was, being a retired police captain and the fact that the story says "the argument became physical" before he shot him. I bet he claims he was afraid for his life.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will movie theaters cite this story in their "turn off your phone" message before the movie now?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! Ya, with a little video clip of the event and a "Don't let this be you" warning accompanying it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I bet he gets off being as old was he was, being a retired police captain and the fact that the story says "the argument became physical" before he shot him. I bet he claims he was afraid for his life.

Well maybe he was. We don't know for sure yet. If he was being assaulted then he should get off.

...it sounds unlikely because he shot both a guy and a woman. That doesn't sound like self defense unless they were both kicking his ass.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe he was. We don't know for sure yet. If he was being assaulted then he should get off.

...it sounds unlikely because he shot both a guy and a woman. That doesn't sound like self defense unless they were both kicking his ass.

The bullet went through her hand as she was trying to pull him back. Apparently the guy who was shot had thrown popcorn at the old man. None of the witnesses on the tv report said punches were thrown.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullet went through her hand as she was trying to pull him back. Apparently the guy who was shot had thrown popcorn at the old man. None of the witnesses on the tv report said punches were thrown.

Police interviewed the suspect and he stated that he feared for his life after the victim threw a bag of popcorn at him. I don't know if that will hold in court. He is charged with 2nd degree murder.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Police interviewed the suspect and he stated that he feared for his life after the victim threw a bag of popcorn at him. I don't know if that will hold in court. He is charged with 2nd degree murder.

Was this like some James Bond like exploding popcorn?

Maybe he was afraid of choking.

[YOUTUBE]E-ZasDTtg1U[/YOUTUBE]