• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: AT&T Sucks Llama Balls

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update on the cable/internet/phone service change that we had in December from Time Warner.

With TW we had the Turbo internet, 20mbps that was shared through the neighborhood. Never a problem, but AT&T promised faster service at 6mbps because it was a personal, fiber-optic line that no one else shared.

Fast forward to March, and that AT&T internet was slower than Regehr. It was awful - we tried to buy Captain Philips last weekend and mid-download I get a message that says it couldn't because my internet speed was too slow. It was slow from day one, I just thought it would get better. It didn't.

Onto the customer service, they billed me $100 for installation, which was supposed to free when I signed up. I get my first bill in January and see it has a $33.33 charge for installation, the first of three. I called, talked to a dude who was pretty helpful, he credited it and said it's taken care of. He said he can't remove it entirely but it will be credited every month for the next three months.

The February bill shows up and I see a $33.33 charge again for installation. I called to get the credit, and some chola on the other end gives me grief and said I got the credit and I can't get another one, even though it wasn't the full $100 as initially agreed upon. I told her flat out eat shit, I'm not paying your bill and she hung up on me.

I called TW again, they came on Sunday and installed, and we took the same 20mbps Turbo we had before. Guess what, our laptops, tablets, phones, Blu-Ray, everything works just like it used to.I called AT&T and said cancel my service, they hit me with a $150 termination charge because it was supposed ot be a 1 year contract. I said fine, bill me and I'll pay it.

I never said I'd pay it in one shot. I'm dragging this bitch out.

=)~~

PS - kept DirecTV, love it compared to TW cable. Didn't get phone this time either, all we ended up getting were bot calls and telemarketers. Word to the wise, AT&T can eat a six dick burrito.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have AT&T Uverse Tv & Internet & I have never really had a problem at 18mbs speed, I've been pleased with my service. Sometimes you gotta remember that your max mbs means what it can reach depending on the signal you're getting that day, many things can interfere.

You can check the speed you're getting here:Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I've been telling you for over 10 years to get DirecTV for you TV provider and cable for you internet. When are you going to listen? U-Verse is the worst TV provider ever in the history of TV providers. I'd rather have fishbowl instead of U-Verse.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been singing the Direct TV praises for years on here.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have direct tv and cox Internet and verizon phone like the first two ok. Never a problem with the TV so far. Verizon keeps wanting me to get the shared data plans. Right now I have unlimited but if I upgrade my phone they will make me share. It is the only cell company I can get at my work ( ten miles from the nearest cross street off Ortega hwy74)

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have direct tv and cox Internet and verizon phone like the first two ok. Never a problem with the TV so far. Verizon keeps wanting me to get the shared data plans. Right now I have unlimited but if I upgrade my phone they will make me share. It is the only cell company I can get at my work ( ten miles from the nearest cross street off Ortega hwy74)

So let me get this straight, dav? You have cox coming out of your walls? :faint:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I've been telling you for over 10 years to get DirecTV for you TV provider and cable for you internet. When are you going to listen? U-Verse is the worst TV provider ever in the history of TV providers. I'd rather have fishbowl instead of U-Verse.

I've had cable for almost that long for interwebz, and this "shared" line we have from TW is faster than the single user fiber-optic AT&T sold us. That shit was slower than J-Blow's slap shot.

DirecTV on the other hand, I should have switched sooner. We did keep that and I don't plan on moving from it any time soon.

The house in YL was being renovated for our move in back in 2011, so we stayed at Mrs. Puck's house that she was renting during 2010-11. We had U-Verse there and everything worked fine, but she said the customer service was awful even back then.

U-Verse isn't offered in our area so we chose DirecTV and bundled with AT&T for phone and web. Lesson learned, they suck ass. I consider myself lucky that I only have a $150 termination fee, but now I have a modem I have no use for (you have to buy one from them to use their service - what a crock) that I will be putting on Craigslist or eBay and will give it away for peanuts.

The poor sap who buys it is going to be miserable.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh. I'm was slow today.