• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Anyone see Richard Sherman go off on Skip Bayless?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dislike Sherman's ego but at least he has talent on the field and I have to give him some props for that. Skip. on the other hand, is just a worthless talking head that spews absolute shit 100% of the time.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how Skip is loud and bombastic when his TV show expects it, yet plays a sweet natured victim when he is criticized for his prior blowhard behavior. I *HATE* Sherman (as a Cal fan), but everything he said was true. Sherman may have been an ass, but he wasn't wrong, as everything Sherman said was correct, if not arguable.

I would not mean to ignore Bayless' accomplishments, as he's won a few state-wide "Sports Writer of the Year" awards, but he has always been a contrarian; Bayless claimed Try Aikman was gay in order to sell his book about the Cowboys. Bayless never had to sell his soul to get on ESPN, cause he's always been a soul-less whore that uses his sports ignorance, sometimes bordering on slander, as a way to garner readers, listeners, or viewers.

I do not wish to deny that Sherman's public persona is that of a POS, but what would have happened if Sherman was goaded into First Take's story narrative? Bayless (and possibly SAS.... I don't watch much) would have asked Sherman leading questions in regard to Revis, Roddy White, or his personal confidence, all in order to further the narrative of Sherms being a jackass. Sure, Sherman has talked some 'ish, but neither of the First Take jokers care about anything but ratings, so they don't actually care about what Sherman believes/thinks.

I'm just glad someone called Bayless out for being the soul-less man whore that he is. If Bayless makes money from disagreeing with common sense points of view (or shitting on Tebow..... but only because he is in the news, not cause Bayless ever watches tape), Bayless deserves someone to call him out for his stupid crap.

I honestly wish Sherman went after Bayless much worse... but maybe that's because I dislike Sherman as well & wouldn't mind him getting in trouble for smashing on Bayless even more.

Definitely would not want a Niner, instead of Sherman, getting involved in a pissing contest with a media personality the way Sherms did.... tho I admit I hate Sherman *A LITTLE* less than I have before.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mean to ignore Bayless' accomplishments, as he's won a few state-wide "Sports Writer of the Year" awards, but he has always been a contrarian; Bayless claimed Troy Aikman was gay in order to sell his book about the Cowboys. Bayless never had to sell his soul to get on ESPN, cause he's always been a soul-less whore that uses his sports ignorance, sometimes bordering on slander, as a way to garner readers, listeners, or viewers.

About the bolded.... In his defense I work in the entertainment field and know a lot of makeup artists. Not saying he is correct or anything, but I have heard more than a few people say very adamantly the same thing. You would be surprised how much people talk/show whatever you want to call it, to makeup artists. I have heard some pretty hot actresses talk about and even tell us directly, some disgusting things going on with them.....downstairs.

I understand your entire post though and agree with a lot of it, but just wanted to point that out. Maybe he shouldn't put Aikman on blast in the first place if he knows something, but also saying he isn't just making that up out of left field.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hate Skip, but in my mind Sherman is becoming more of a jackass every time he talks. He has Floyd Mayweather syndrome. It seems like he NEEDS to talk himself up to cover insecurities. You could hear it in how he talks too, he doesn't even sound confidant.

I love shit talkers like Ali. He did it in an over the top, bullshitting manner. He was a showman, but some people talk shit to make themselves feel better. When you start throwing your accomplishments in peoples faces, you are just a douche bag.

This I agree with.

I don't mind some good ole fashion smack talk but Sherman's smack just comes off weak and he does sound completely insecure about himself and he just comes off irritated that the world at large doesn't recognize how great he is.

I don't care for either man but Sherman just came off worse than Skip in the exchange but mainly because of what Sherman said and not what Skip said in reply.

Don't say the numbers speak for themselves and then intentionally goad someone by telling them they have to refer to you as All-Pro Standford graduate. That's the complete opposite of letting numbers speak for themselves.

And if Skip is such a lowlife to you why are you even arguing with him in the first place.

Ultimately both got what they wanted in Sherman getting more mainstream attention and Skip getting more interest in the show he takes part in.

It's obvious as Pozz said the show is more or less scripted in that Stephan A is the "good" guy and Skip is the "villain" because of the entertainment factor. It wouldn't have that mass market appeal to joe blow fan if both men agreed with each other and didn't have off the wall comments.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How can you not be a fan of Sherman (To: The people who aren't)

Really?

It's not like its hard to not like a guy that is an egotistical, smack talking douche that also is a cheater.

I love the people that will cheer for a guy like this but yet hate a guy like Tebow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

It's not like its hard to not like a guy that is an egotistical, smack talking douche that also is a cheater.

I love the people that will cheer for a guy like this but yet hate a guy like Tebow.

Interesting, because I hate that. ;)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip is a jackass, but Sherman is too. This is ridiculous. He comes off as highly insecure, ironically enough.

Skip does make a good point about not just letting the numbers speak for themselves, though.

+1 Making absolute statements like "You've never accomplished anything" took away from any credibility Sherman might have had. Even if he thought Skip Bayless was a jackass, he just made himself look worse.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, its weird, Sherman clearly thought up those lines in advance, and I bet it sounded like a good idea at the time....but he just doesn't deliver them well, comes off *so* lame. Quite a feat to make Bayless seem classy in comparison. Always hard to believe this guy went to Stanford.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate both.

Tebow is on the opposite side of the annoy spectrum. To much of anything can be bad, including the goody two shoe, yay jesus, say all the right things crap. If I had a daughter and she brought Tebow home I'd be disgusted.

If Floyd Mayweater is the example for one extreme, Tebow sits as the other.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm actually glad someone gave Bayless some of his own medicine. Bayless is loud and obnoxious and his opinions are usually crap.

I think Sherman just went on this show to do that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Sherman (clearly not very articulate) tried to play Bayless' game. He did as well as Bayless would as a corner.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the interview or read this entire thread but my hunch is the appropriate analogy is "which turd smells less?" Regardless of who wins, they are still a turd.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to watch it. But I read some of the quotes on PFT and Twitter. I thought Sherman usually handled himself with class off the field, but apparently not. This was wayyy over the top, IMO. When you make SKIP BAYLESS seem like a victim, that's really saying something.

[YOUTUBE]j6x-O3kb1sI[/YOUTUBE]

Richard Sherman takes his swings at Skip Bayless | ProFootballTalk

"I'm Better At Life Than You": Richard Sherman Craps All Over Skip Bayless On First Take

Wow! There is something really wrong with Sherman. I felt sorry for him as I listened to his aimless rambling. He is on the verge of a breakdown I think.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Stanford Grad watching that video is tweeting Dipshit Sherman and telling him to STFU! That was NOT a glowing endorsement for Stanford academia.

Ha ha! Exactly!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Sherman's ego but at least he has talent on the field and I have to give him some props for that. Skip. on the other hand, is just a worthless talking head that spews absolute shit 100% of the time.

He's not that good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As big of a tool as Skip Bayless can be (like when he said the Jaguars should have drafted Tim Tebow), Richard Sherman looks even worse in that interview. He was completely incoherent, couldn't answer any questions & used stupid, meaningless arguemnets like "I have facts to back up what I say, and you don't." People like that make the world a worse place simply by opening their mouths.

And the "I'm better than you" comment, although it was entertaining, was seriously weak.

Skip actually handled Sherman's immature little personal attacks pretty well & stayed on subject.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! There is something really wrong with Sherman. I felt sorry for him as I listened to his aimless rambling. He is on the verge of a breakdown I think.

I agree! This tool could be out of the league in two years - He presented himself as incredibly weak. I see alot of teams attacking him next year and him failing. He is just too high on himself and he'll get knocked down next season - book it!