• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 2010 a bad year for Boston?

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Bruins became only the 4th team in NHL to cough up a 3-0 series lead. Could this seriously be happening again in Boston, with the Celtics going from up 3-0 to only 3-2?

I'd hate to be in that city if that happens.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's a decent chance the Red Sox could miss the playoffs

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bruins became only the 4th team in NHL to cough up a 3-0 series lead. Could this seriously be happening again in Boston, with the Celtics going from up 3-0 to only 3-2?

I'd hate to be in that city if that happens.

Yeah, I'd sure hate to be in a City that has teams that actually have won a Championship in the last 10 years.

Boy, they sure must be suffering there.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I'd sure hate to be in a City that has teams that actually have won a Championship in the last 10 years.

Boy, they sure must be suffering there.

Yeah but still, two teams choking 3-0 series leads in the same year is flat out embarrassing, past titles be damned.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but still, two teams choking 3-0 series leads in the same year is flat out embarrassing, past titles be damned.

While it may be embarrassing, it still doesn't hold a candle to a City that has never won a Championship, and a team that lost the SB 4 straight years.

I would gladly trade places with Boston if that meant I experienced pure joy several times before in the decade.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While it may be embarrassing, it still doesn't hold a candle to a City that has never won a Championship, and a team that lost the SB 4 straight years.

I would gladly trade places with Boston if that meant I experienced pure joy several times before in the decade.

Sigh. Everything has to be compared to the Buffalo pity party now doesn't it. :D

I agree that it is nowhere close to the scale of your city's past in heartbreak, but it will still be a painful pill for Boston fans to swallow if it happens.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Friday: [looking at a lion who's mane has been shaved into a mohawk] Somebody must have wanted that lion's mane pretty bad to pull a twisted stunt like that.
Pep Streebeck: Although, as mohawks go it's not that bad. It'll grow back.
Joe Friday: Yeah, and how do you tell that to these kids here who have never seen a lion before and now probably won't have the desire to ever see one again.
Pep Streebeck: Kids, it'll grow back.
[kids cheer]

They'll be just fine.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bruins fan and someone who could give two shits for the NBA I almost hope it happens for a couple reasons.

1. ESPNBA will never speak of the Bruins collaspe again instead focusing on the Celtics.
2. I had a shit load of friends who never watch hockey tell me how much the Bruins suck. Time to return that favor.

Ok so I am still bitter.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celts win game 6 in Bah-ston. The Lakers will also prevail out West, unfortunately. Not even Tim Donaghy can stop a Lakers - Celtics NBA final.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As my Uncle Steve always says "Nobody cares about jigball, NOBODY!"

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Celtics vs. Lakers for the title, no one saw that coming! At least it's a little more up in the air this year though because either team could win. Last year when it was the conference finals and the remaining teams were the Lakers, Nuggets, Cavs and Magic, it was obvious without a game being played who the winner was going to be. The NBA will probably get pretty good ratings for this one. Still not even close to being interesting to me though.