• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU Beavs 2nd place in North/UCLA wins out plays in P12 CG

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ralphiewvu Stotts does it but only when he wears a bow tie

Ahh gotcha.

I’ll never forget a couple months ago on the Dan Le Batard and Stugotz show they asked “does terry stotts look like the sitcom dad that gets his hand slapped for trying to sneak a taste of the brownie batter?”

Tim Kurkjian was on and dying historically laughing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said lost to a big team in the second weekend.

Doesn’t it seem like they always underperform in the tournament though?

It only seems like it because they are a 1/2 seed practically every year. I'd guess the rate of 1/2 seeds making the E8 is not 50% like KU's rate of success is since 2000.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only seems like it because they are a 1/2 seed practically every year. I'd guess the rate of 1/2 seeds making the E8 is not 50% like KU's rate of success is since 2000.

I’d say it is. Ethier way KU and Self haven’t won the Big one in a while.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh gotcha.

I’ll never forget a couple months ago on the Dan Le Batard and Stugotz show they asked “does terry stotts look like the sitcom dad that gets his hand slapped for trying to sneak a taste of the brownie batter?”

Tim Kurkjian was on and dying historically laughing.
Haha. So true.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember. I was 7. But my Beaver uncle reminds me at least once a year at the family Christmas party after a few hot buttered rums. I used to sit on his lap and hear that story. Now I pick him up off the floor while hearing the same exact story.
tenor.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story. He’s a Vietnam vet and double leg amputee. You don’t notice it until he’s had too many then he gets very tipsy. He’s ended up on the floor a handful of the last decade or so Christmas parties. He’s Laughing all the way, too. Hell of a Man.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story. He’s a Vietnam vet and double leg amputee. You don’t notice it until he’s had too many then he gets very tipsy. He’s ended up on the floor a handful of the last decade or so Christmas parties. He’s Laughing all the way, too. Hell of a Man.
I had a similar uncle I was very close to. He introduced me to golf at an early age. While he still had his legs, he was a former paratrooper in WWII. He wouldn't talk much about any of that. But he loved golf and loved fellow Texan Byron Nelson. Swore he was the best player ever! I remember him telling me a lot of Byron Nelson stories...and repeat them as he got tipsy and older. And after some good egg nogs at Christmas, I did have to help him to bed a few times...but not get him off the floor.

Anyhoo...the Nelson story I remember the most is him telling me why Nelson retired from the PGA tour early in life. According to my uncle, it was because the tour wouldn't change the ground under repair rules. He claimed Nelson was so consistent that he had to hit his approach shots on Friday, Saturday and Sunday out of the fairway divots he had made with his approach shots in the first rounds on Thursdays! He got sick of having to do that.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a similar uncle I was very close to. He introduced me to golf at an early age. While he still had his legs, he was a former paratrooper in WWII. He wouldn't talk much about any of that. But he loved golf and loved fellow Texan Byron Nelson. Swore he was the best player ever! I remember him telling me a lot of Byron Nelson stories...and repeat them as he got tipsy and older. And after some good egg nogs at Christmas, I did have to help him to bed a few times...but not get him off the floor.

Anyhoo...the Nelson story I remember the most is him telling me why Nelson retired from the PGA tour early in life. According to my uncle, it was because the tour wouldn't change the ground under repair rules. He claimed Nelson was so consistent that he had to hit his approach shots on Friday, Saturday and Sunday out of the fairway divots he had made with his approach shots in the first rounds on Thursdays! He got sick of having to do that.
Love it. My uncle, a great basketball player when he had legs, was the same about TrailBlazer Geoff Petrie. Grew up hearing lots of Blazers stories about him, Walton, Twardz, Mo Lucas and co.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say it is. Ethier way KU and Self haven’t won the Big one in a while.

Sure. That's true. But they've made it past the first weekend 13 times this century. That's gotta put them in the top 5 if not top 2/3.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. My uncle, a great basketball player when he had legs, was the same about TrailBlazer Geoff Petrie. Grew up hearing lots of Blazers stories about him, Walton, Twardz, Mo Lucas and co.
Those Blazer teams were good. Lucas was one tough dude IIRC.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I could see Oregon by 35 and UW by 25. Good analysis. Totally agree.

You and I both know Oregon loses that game 9 out of 10 times.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly has two weeks to prep for Utah. Dangerous game for the Utes season.

UCLA is scoring points and is starting to click a little.

:stfu:
Chris had 2 weeks to prepare for Utah. Did not work out well for him, broke his streak dating back to the MWC days. You forget that Whitt has 2 weeks to prepare for Chip...

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 2 Pac12 teams that lost to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State both have a chance to make the Pac 12 title game. Cool