• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why they kept Ward. Finances?

If he had led them to some playoff round wins okay, sure. Calgary got embarrassed out of the first round lol

/That said they lost two in a row to one of the strongest offensive teams in the league and lost last night with their backup in net. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Finances is likely the main reason Ward is still the head coach (not sure how much they ended up paying Bill Peters to make him go away lol). On the one hand, they haven't had a lot of puck luck the last three games (bad bounces and deflections etc.), but you also make your own luck through hard work. Just haven't seen the push back that you would like to see from a team. Still early and they have a few games in hand, but they're only useful if you win them.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flames issues are more the players than the head coach, but I think some team is going to scoop up Gerard Gallant and Calgary is going to be stuck with Geoff Ward.
Isnt it a given that future former canuck coach Travis Green will be joining the flames next year

benching jake and juolevi are a big f u to jimbo
A3E739C3-D926-48C7-B2DA-A08DA343C342.jpeg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames schedule over the next 12 games:

1 vs Mtl
4 vs Wpg
4 vs Van
3 vs Edm

We should have a pretty good idea how things sit at this point...And then it's

2 vs Toronto followed by 5 of 6 vs Ottawa

Let's say Toronto and Montreal are heads and shoulders above the rest - I still think it's between Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton battling it out for the final two playoff spots.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never wanted it to be off more than I do when all of those assholes are screaming at me that "It's on!!!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shuffleboard on the cruise ships came in handy.
I've seen a lot of people saying it's the "fire poker" and I'm like HAVE NONE OF YOU PLAYED SHUFFLEBOARD?

I can't wait to try it at practice tonight. At my age, I should kick ass at shuffleboard.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of people saying it's the "fire poker" and I'm like HAVE NONE OF YOU PLAYED SHUFFLEBOARD?

I can't wait to try it at practice tonight. At my age, I should kick ass at shuffleboard.

Next, I want to see Texier swat it into the net like he's playing pickleball.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next, I want to see Texier swat it into the net like he's playing pickleball.
He said in the post game that he tried that in practice with the team he played with this summer and it worked. So he tried it again in a game and it worked. He figured it would work again, but now he's going to have to come up with a new one because everyone has seen it.

He said the above with a straight up shit-eating grin.

The last 4 games he has been steadily growing into a strong C. Guy has 7 points in 8 games so far and has been all over the ice. He made 3 passes last night that wound up off posts when the shots got off. I cannot wait to see what happens when Laine becomes an option for him to dish to.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the Habs and Leafs enjoying so much early season success. Must be nice having Boston and Tampa out of their division :heh:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said in the post game that he tried that in practice with the team he played with this summer and it worked. So he tried it again in a game and it worked. He figured it would work again, but now he's going to have to come up with a new one because everyone has seen it.

He said the above with a straight up shit-eating grin.

The last 4 games he has been steadily growing into a strong C. Guy has 7 points in 8 games so far and has been all over the ice. He made 3 passes last night that wound up off posts when the shots got off. I cannot wait to see what happens when Laine becomes an option for him to dish to.

The Grenoble Grenouilles? :D

Also disappointed that the in-game call wasn't "I see London, I see France, Chris Driedger pick up your underpants!"

Status
Not open for further replies.