• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not really looked at the internet plan, through my cable company it is $119 (or $114). I understand the pricing, they are figuring its more than half the season so their are pricing it as such. For me, with the condensed schedule and the same few opponents, I do not think it's worth it this season.

Hopefully mid-season they have another preview like they normally do.
My cable operator doesn't even offer it or NHL network, so I would have to do online/app if I wanted to but I agree. Seeing all the same teams play each other constantly just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I've been watching a few teams to scout potential trades with our situation currently. I have not watched a full game of any team besides the Jackets yet. I've watched more complete KHL games than NHL so far. I will go back to the full package next year. I just wish that Center Ice or Ice Time or whatever they call it included the actual NHL network. I miss that.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have another week or two of free Center Ice. I don't think the $119 price is worth it this season so for the first time in 20+ years I will not have Center Ice. I know no US station will have Canadiens or Jets games, so does anyone have any decent ways for people in the US to watch online?
I was able to watch the Jackets game Monday on nhl66,ir. Only on the laptop, though... Won't work on my firestick.

I just used an old laptop that will only be dedicated to shit that might give me internet herpes.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get NHL.tv each year, and this year it's only $99, which I think is definitely worth it. I also enjoy watching the Habs in French and this is the only 'legal' way to do it.

With NHL.tv, you can also just download the app on your TV or phone, sign in, and watch it on there as well. I watch most of the games on my smart TV.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cable operator doesn't even offer it or NHL network, so I would have to do online/app if I wanted to but I agree. Seeing all the same teams play each other constantly just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I've been watching a few teams to scout potential trades with our situation currently. I have not watched a full game of any team besides the Jackets yet. I've watched more complete KHL games than NHL so far. I will go back to the full package next year. I just wish that Center Ice or Ice Time or whatever they call it included the actual NHL network. I miss that.

My wife wanted to change cable companies a few years back and the only thing I said was the new one must have MLB and NHL networks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife wanted to change cable companies a few years back and the only thing I said was the new one must have MLB and NHL networks.
Since NHL.TV exists, I wasn't as adamant about it. We needed to dump Direct TV because AT&T ruined their service, and my other options here were AT&T Fiber (Hell no), Time Warner (Even Worse) and a little local op. Actually the only reason I got TV at all was because their bundle price was better. I got gigabit Internet to the house and Cable for 20 bucks less a month than I was paying for just Direct TV, and saved the full amount I had been paying for 300mb Internet. Granted, gave up movie channels and NHL network, but didn't really notice anything else. I understand I am "missing" several MTV channels and I don't have as many options to watch Duck Dynasty or Ted Nugent, but... I guess I'll survive.

I pretty much only watch news, sports, MotorTrend, and the History, Discovery, and Smithsonian channels. Leave em on for background noise while working.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bilasport <dot> net

onhockey <dot> tv

Use an ad blocker, and maybe even a VPN. onhockey does also have a lot of other leagues. KHL, SEL, NCAA.
I've been using bilasport for non-national Leaf games (of which there are too many - why is Canada's Team not local cross-country?!) and it's pretty flawless. Much easier than trying to watch soccer which usually gives my computer a worse case of syphillis than Limewire used to give my dad's Compaq Presario.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, and this might not affect anyone but if anyone has a Roku TV or device - they had a major upgrade not too long ago. My basement Roku TV is used for videogames and streaming movies so I never check the local channels. The other day I wanted to watch a football game on that TV (rabbit ears work for over the air HD btw) and I found Roku had added a whole bunch of streaming channels lumping them with over the air channels. I was trying to scroll down from 2 to 45 and found tons of channels from 100 to 1100. All basic cable stuff as far as I could tell, but if anyone has cable packages that limit certain channels their ROKU TV may have them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up, and this might not affect anyone but if anyone has a Roku TV or device - they had a major upgrade not too long ago. My basement Roku TV is used for videogames and streaming movies so I never check the local channels. The other day I wanted to watch a football game on that TV (rabbit ears work for over the air HD btw) and I found Roku had added a whole bunch of streaming channels lumping them with over the air channels. I was trying to scroll down from 2 to 45 and found tons of channels from 100 to 1100. All basic cable stuff as far as I could tell, but if anyone has cable packages that limit certain channels their ROKU TV may have them.
I will check that out. Thanks!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since NHL.TV exists, I wasn't as adamant about it. We needed to dump Direct TV because AT&T ruined their service, and my other options here were AT&T Fiber (Hell no), Time Warner (Even Worse) and a little local op. Actually the only reason I got TV at all was because their bundle price was better. I got gigabit Internet to the house and Cable for 20 bucks less a month than I was paying for just Direct TV, and saved the full amount I had been paying for 300mb Internet. Granted, gave up movie channels and NHL network, but didn't really notice anything else. I understand I am "missing" several MTV channels and I don't have as many options to watch Duck Dynasty or Ted Nugent, but... I guess I'll survive.

I pretty much only watch news, sports, MotorTrend, and the History, Discovery, and Smithsonian channels. Leave em on for background noise while working.
Yep. I tolerated Direct TV for the NFL. But once ATT took over (coupled with a dwindling interest in football), I was pretty much “the hell with this”. We bailed on Direct TV about 2 years ago and I haven’t missed it one bit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy russia house lol

iB4PVRk.gif

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bilasport <dot> net

onhockey <dot> tv

Use an ad blocker, and maybe even a VPN. onhockey does also have a lot of other leagues. KHL, SEL, NCAA.
+1 for bilasport. I've been using it for a long time and never had any issues.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second thought was the Penguins must suck that bad to barely beat a team that was sick.
Is there news out there that the russians named tested positive for covid?

Im under the impression they just broke covid protocol (ie snorted coke off a strippers ass at a club like they did at sochi house at the 2010 olympics :noidea: )

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there news out there that the russians named tested positive for covid?

Im under the impression they just broke covid protocol (ie snorted coke off a strippers ass at a club like they did at sochi house at the 2010 olympics :noidea: )
Great point not sure about them testing positive.

The latter isn't that just another normal Tuesday evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.